Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
xbox live account hacked question - Talkingship Forums
Old 12-26-2011, 12:16 PM
Gingerboy507 Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

Gingerboy507 is completely neutral
Default xbox live account hacked question

Yesterday I was given a 4000 microsoft point card for Christmas and this morning I turned on my xbox and somebody hacked my account and spent all my points. I talked to microsoft and they know my account was hacked and said I should get my points back soon. My qeustion is though, all the games that were purchased are still on my hard drive and I don't know if I should report/delete them or keep the games and play them. What should I do?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I'd play it safe and report them. Last thing you want to do is make them think you're pulling a scam on them. Better be safe than sorry.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Ya what he said.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:32 PM
MsDrunkyTS Offline

MsDrunkyTS is loved by somebody!

Yeah i wouldn't re-download them or anything. but u could ask Microsoft about it see what they say. . .
Old 12-27-2011, 04:47 PM
djdsf Offline
Community Manager

djdsf has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to djdsf Send a message via Yahoo to djdsf Send a message via Skype™ to djdsf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerboy507 View Post
Yesterday I was given a 4000 microsoft point card for Christmas and this morning I turned on my xbox and somebody hacked my account and spent all my points. I talked to microsoft and they know my account was hacked and said I should get my points back soon. My qeustion is though, all the games that were purchased are still on my hard drive and I don't know if I should report/delete them or keep the games and play them. What should I do?
Kinda hard for them to be on your hard drive if they where not downloaded from your console.

Still, do not play them, touch them or open them. MS will remove them from your DL list and reconstitute the points to you.

If someone hacked your account (brother, cousin, sister, family, etc) then there is nothing they can do.

IF MS say they know about it, just let it be and delete.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 PM
McChicken116 Offline

McChicken116 is loved by somebody!

It is kind of a benevolent troll then isn't it?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Gingerboy507 Offline

Gingerboy507 is completely neutral

I talked to a lady at Microsoft and she was suprisingly helpful she took a look at my account and told me that the games were purchased from xbox.com, apparently this has been happening quite a bit as of late so be warned(I believe the samething happened to DogDies of the Brown show a few months ago). Anyways the hackers got into my email and got to my xbox account because they are linked together.

My better judgement ended up getting the best of me shortly after I posted this and I deleted them all off my hard drive without ever playing any of the games.

Probably the worse thing about this whole situation is that my xbox live account has been suspended while they are doing the investigation(3-6 weeks) and it can take 5-10 weeks to get my points back.

Now I was lucky in this case that I had points on my account but more times than not the hackers just use the owners credit card so I HIGHLY recommend that you all change your email password on a regular basis whether its every 3 days like mine now is or once a month because according to the lady I talked to at Microsoft and what I read online over the last couple days that is the main way the hackers get to you xbox account.