Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
The Walking Dead - Talkingship Forums
Old 11-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Abrahamm Lincoln Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Abrahamm Lincoln is loved by somebody!
Send a message via MSN to Abrahamm Lincoln
Default The Walking Dead

As the titles says the new AMC series The Walking Dead based of the comic of the same name written by Robert Kirkman is shaping up to be one of the best T.V. series I have ever seen, it's what the Zombie Apocalypse would really be like. The show is fantastically produced the character's feel pretty real and it always has a tense feeling to it, anyway great great show if you haven't seen it you should definitely check it out.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Quinstar Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

Quinstar is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

My husband and I have been loving the show so far. I've never read the comics, but I think I'm going to pick up the TPB in the semi near future.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I've been watching it ever week, its a great show and only two more episodes left.
Right now it ranks 3rd on my shows list after Dexter and Boardwalk Empire.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:59 AM
Cam-Dog Offline

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

The season finally was pretty good I'm looking forward to season 2. Anyone else watch every episode?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:46 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I loved this series until the final two episodes. I still really like the show, but the last two were written SOOOOOOO sloppily that it really pissed me off. I won't rant, but I'll give you one example: They introduced a Deus Ex Machina in the final episode.

SPOILERS!

When they are faced with being unable to break through the glass and get free of the lab, one lady turns to the hero and says, "I found this in your pocket when we found you," and hands him a grenade. They use it to break the glass and get free. This is the definition of a Deus Ex Machina - an event or item that is introduced into a story for the sole purpose of solving an immediate situation. Very, very sloppy and lazy writing. There was a lot more things that pissed me off in those last couple of episodes, but that was the most egregious.

However, I still LOVE the show.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Cam-Dog Offline

I never noticed that JB good point, the writing was a little off in those last episodes.
I guess thats why whoever runs the show fired all the writing staff, hopefully that wont happen again.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Cam-Dog Offline

I never noticed that JB good point, the writing was a little off in those last episodes.
I guess thats why whoever runs the show fired all the writing staff, hopefully that wont happen again.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:06 PM
BlinkinCard41 Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

BlinkinCard41 is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community
Send a message via AIM to BlinkinCard41 Send a message via Skype™ to BlinkinCard41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
I loved this series until the final two episodes. I still really like the show, but the last two were written SOOOOOOO sloppily that it really pissed me off. I won't rant, but I'll give you one example: They introduced a Deus Ex Machina in the final episode.

SPOILERS!

When they are faced with being unable to break through the glass and get free of the lab, one lady turns to the hero and says, "I found this in your pocket when we found you," and hands him a grenade. They use it to break the glass and get free. This is the definition of a Deus Ex Machina - an event or item that is introduced into a story for the sole purpose of solving an immediate situation. Very, very sloppy and lazy writing. There was a lot more things that pissed me off in those last couple of episodes, but that was the most egregious.

However, I still LOVE the show.
You did see Rick pick up the grenade in the first or second episode, so it wasn't introduced when they had to blow up the window. When Rick was sitting in the tank, he picked the grenade up off of the dead soldier and stuffed it into one of his pockets.