Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Either Or: AFI/America's Funniest or Tosh.0 - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Movies and Television > Television Shows

Television Shows What have you been watching on the boob tube?

View Poll Results: Which is funnier?
America's Funniest Home Videos 3 42.86%
Tosh.0 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Niyon Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Niyon is loved by somebody!
Default Either Or: AFI/America's Funniest or Tosh.0

Well, I think I know how the poll is going to turn out, but from the talk on Ep 91 about Tosh.0, it reminded me of how people would talk about Americas Funniest Home Videos in the same manner.

Americas Funniest has been around for a long time. I'm sure they have enough footage of people getting hit in the crotch to last for at least 24 hrs straight. Not only that, but they have had some decent hosts (BOB SAGGET! for all you tourette's guy fans) doing horrible voice overs for the videos; and always the cheesy "Here is your $10,000 prize winner" meet up after the "live audience vote" for one of three seemingly random video choices (that weren't always the funniest of the ones displayed on the show).

Tosh.0 on the other hand grabs some of the biggest viral videos off the interwebs to help them re-live their moment of glory in, hopefully, a better light. Plus, the commentary that he says after the videos would seem like comments that people trolling on Youtube might leave for that video (especially during the "20 seconds" part). And, the host is far funnier than the America's Funniest hosts put together. (Daniel Tosh did have a really funny stand-up act that Comedy Central would play occasionally.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

As much as I LOVE Tosh.0, if you were asking me which series I would take on the boat with me, it would have to be AFI. There is just too much of it to be ignored! It is one of the longest running series in TV history, and those montages still make me laugh my ass off.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Lokela Offline
Chief Petty Officer (rank up at 1000 posts)

Lokela is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I voted for America's Funniest. Cheesey or not, I can watch it all day.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Tosh.0 is my pick I can't stand the those shitty added sound effects in AF, that and the show is cheesier than Lokela's taint.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
doworkson176 Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

doworkson176 is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I had to vote for Tosh.0. They did a "Web Redemption" for the kid that freaked out when he got his N64 and it was fucking hilarious!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I went with AFV. I grew up with that shit man, and its the very reason I visit sites like Break.com as a regularity now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Then it the show began to have an identity crisis. It wouldn't play, we found it in my daughters room trying on a tiara, and it began to have a strange affection for Kenny G.
Was it also drinking a Dinky-Doodle?
Old 06-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Lokela Offline
Chief Petty Officer (rank up at 1000 posts)

Lokela is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam-Dog View Post
Tosh.0 is my pick I can't stand the those shitty added sound effects in AF, that and the show is cheesier than Lokela's taint.
Hey bro, thanks for outing my cheesy taint. Now everybody's gonna want a taste!

Anyway, it makes sense that you whipersnappers like Tosh.o more than AFV. Y'all just didn't see AFV in it's prime, a.k.a the Sagat years.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokela View Post
Anyway, it makes sense that you whipersnappers like Tosh.o more than AFV. Y'all just didn't see AFV in it's prime, a.k.a the Sagat years.
True but its not my fault. I do know the show has gone way downhill.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Interesting that everyone likes Sagat best. I actually like the newest version of AFV best with Tom Bergiron as the host. I always felt like the jokes in Bob's day were sooooo super lame.

Old 06-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Niyon Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Niyon is loved by somebody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
Interesting that everyone likes Sagat best. I actually like the newest version of AFV best with Tom Bergiron as the host. I always felt like the jokes in Bob's day were sooooo super lame.
Ummm...when have they NOT been super lame? Bob Sagat was just known to have more of them