Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
I'm addicted to BluRays - Page 3 - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Movies and Television > DVD and Blu-Ray

DVD and Blu-Ray The video vault keeps growing! What movies are in your collection?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:38 AM
MrSoft Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

MrSoft is loved by somebody!

My name is MrSoft and I too am a BluRay addict. Before I went to university I had never really bought movies (on DVD or BluRay), I always thought it was a waste. Since then I've not only started buying films but after just 2 DVD purchases decided I can't buy any film from now on that's not on BluRay. If I do I just feel an empty feeling inside every time I glance at my film collection and see it's grey box towering clumsily over it's sleek blue successors.

I went out to get some supplies the other week and came back 38 lighter with Moon, Milk and Hurt Locker (on BluRay) in my excited little mitts. More recently I've come to be in express need of a copy of The Lion King and find that it's not rumoured to be released on BluRay until October 2011... WTF am I supposed to do with that? I can't buy it on DVD, I'll just end up hating it's very presence on my shelf.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Ryno r13 Offline
Seaman Apprentice (rank up at 25 posts)

Ryno r13 is completely neutral

Quick warning to everyone considering the LOTR bluerays on Tuesday. Apparently it only has the teatrical releases, not the extended cut. Those will come out later, I almost ordered these on amazon before finding that out. Just wanted to make sure no on else did the same.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno r13 View Post
Quick warning to everyone considering the LOTR bluerays on Tuesday. Apparently it only has the teatrical releases, not the extended cut. Those will come out later, I almost ordered these on amazon before finding that out. Just wanted to make sure no on else did the same.
Damn you Peter Jackson! Damn you to HELL!!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno r13 View Post
Thanks for the tip man I would have found this out before I bought them but thanks for saving me the trouble.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

Hello, my name is Farva and I'm a Blu-ray Addict.

(Waiting for your reply..................none follows................fuck you guys, then)

Anyway, I've been an Addict since I first bought my PS3 in May of 2008. Since then, if I've purchased a film, it was always on Blu-ray. At first is was the major releases. Batman Begins, Dark Knights, Iron Man, etc. Now, it's movies I don't even care about. 50 First Dates, Night at the Museum, Invincible, hell even Independence Day.

Thanks to Walmarts Roll-back prices, I can't stop. If a Blu-ray is less then fifteen dollars, I find a way to sneak it into my cart. Doesn't matter if I don't really like the movie, I'll say "Well, I bet the part where he punches the alien and says "Welcome to Earth" will look good". It's a sickness.

I've recently taken a step back. I started shopping at Kroger and have backed away from the video sections all together. I avoid Best Buy like it's on fire, and will drive four blocks out of my way to avoid Walmart. I'm being strong................

My wife just informed me she purchased the LOTR set online, and it'll be here next week.

Fuck it, I'm going shopping......
Old 04-07-2010, 01:53 PM
NuclearNinja Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

NuclearNinja is loved by somebody!
Send a message via Skype™ to NuclearNinja

Never saw a blu ray movie, YET!