Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
What Is Your Best BluRay? - Page 2 - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Movies and Television > DVD and Blu-Ray

DVD and Blu-Ray The video vault keeps growing! What movies are in your collection?

Old 03-27-2010, 09:46 PM
El Mariachi Offline
Zorro's His Bitch

El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Are we talking what old movie did blu-ray spoiled so much? Fight Club. The 10th anniversary edition sounds so good and the picture looks great. Also Forrest Gump. The attention to details is great and it has a gazillion of new extras.

Newer movies? hmm... gotta go with Watchmen. The picture on picture with Zach Snyder is terrific.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:55 PM
PaganNinja Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

PaganNinja is loved by somebody!

I would probably have to say the matrix boxset is my favorite.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:56 PM
PaganNinja Offline

PaganNinja is loved by somebody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
Are we talking what old movie did blu-ray spoiled so much? Fight Club. The 10th anniversary edition sounds so good and the picture looks great. Also Forrest Gump. The attention to details is great and it has a gazillion of new extras.

Newer movies? hmm... gotta go with Watchmen. The picture on picture with Zach Snyder is terrific.
First rule of fight club. never talk about fight club!
Old 03-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Shaha44 Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

Shaha44 is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I forgot all about Happy Feet, that film looks damn awesome in 1080p. It's the only animated film we own on blu-ray and can just imagine how other animated films look.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaha44 View Post
I forgot all about Happy Feet, that film looks damn awesome in 1080p. It's the only animated film we own on blu-ray and can just imagine how other animated films look.
Wall-E is drop dead gorgeous on BluRay. Up is pretty fantastic as well.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Shaha44 Offline

I keep meaning to watch those on blu-ray. I've seen Wall-E on Netflix instant but it's just not the same. I think I might put them in my Netflix Que.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
I keep meaning to watch those on blu-ray. I've seen Wall-E on Netflix instant but it's just not the same. I think I might put them in my Netflix Que.
If you haven't seen UP then you should really check it out. It is a great movie. A bit of a tear jerker though. Yeah - I'll admit it - those first ten minute get me pretty misty. And so does the "Badge" at the end. If you've seen the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about - but that won't spoil anything for you.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Shaha44 Offline

Abadgolfer actually burnt me a copy of UP but I still haven't watched. It's only a DVD copy so maybe I'll wait to watch the blu-ray version. As far as the first ten minutes go is also kinda why I've been putting off watching it. I gurantee the water works will get turned on.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Jitterbug Offline

Quote:
Abadgolfer actually burnt me a copy of UP but I still haven't watched. It's only a DVD copy so maybe I'll wait to watch the blu-ray version. As far as the first ten minutes go is also kinda why I've been putting off watching it. I gurantee the water works will get turned on.
Trust me, you need to watch it. It's phenomenal.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Venom0666 Offline

Venom0666 is loved by somebody!
Send a message via MSN to Venom0666 Send a message via Skype™ to Venom0666

My favorite Bluray up until now is Serenity I just fucking love that movie also a good movie to show off the hd setup is Batman: The Dark Knight.