Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Regret Zone 2 - Talkingship Forums
Old 03-30-2010, 09:37 PM
UndeadDoG Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

UndeadDoG is completely neutral
Default Regret Zone 2

So we all have games we regret getting rid of. But I'm sure we all have games we wish we had never bought. I'll never understand how people trade in games when the depreciation is so sharp. I refuse... but then of course I'm stuck with some serious buyer's remorse on my shelf.

A couple of mine are:

Super Paper Mario
Assassin's Creed
Modern Warfare 2
and let the hate fly.... God of War III
Old 03-30-2010, 09:42 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadDoG View Post
So we all have games we regret getting rid of. But I'm sure we all have games we wish we had never bought. I'll never understand how people trade in games when the depreciation is so sharp. I refuse... but then of course I'm stuck with some serious buyer's remorse on my shelf.

A couple of mine are:

Super Paper Mario
Assassin's Creed
Modern Warfare 2
You would not believe the hate that has been tossed my way after I bitched about God of War 3 on the show. Sony Fanboys FTW! But I agree, God of War 3 is on my list. Next up is Left 4 Dead 2. I really don't care for it. I don't think it is anywhere near as fun as the first one.

You can get some use out of that copy of Modern Warfare 2 by joining us on Saturday. I think there is literally just ONE spot left. So if you are interested, get over to the thread now and post up.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
UndeadDoG Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

UndeadDoG is completely neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
You would not believe the hate that has been tossed my way after I bitched about God of War 3 on the show. Sony Fanboys FTW! But I agree, God of War 3 is on my list. Next up is Left 4 Dead 2. I really don't care for it. I don't think it is anywhere near as fun as the first one.

You can get some use out of that copy of Modern Warfare 2 by joining us on Saturday. I think there is literally just ONE spot left. So if you are interested, get over to the thread now and post up.
I loved God of War III... But that $60 could have lasted me months if I had spent it on Just Cause 2. I'm not rich, and even a brilliant game is a bad investment if it only lasts a few days.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Shaha44 Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

Shaha44 is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

Quote:
... I'm not rich, and even a brilliant game is a bad investment if it only lasts a few days.
Well said. I haven't been buying many games lately due to not having as much time to play them as I used to. I really have been playing multiplayer games lately just for that reason. The money I've spent and hours I've put into MW2 and BFBC2 have easily been worth it. That's what nice with a great multiplayer, the fun is almost infinite.

Last edited by Shaha44; 03-30-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

And let me just say that Just Cause 2 is WELL WORTH $60 IMO. I am fucking LOVING it and I don't think I've ever scratched the surface yet.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:26 AM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I really regret buying Brutal Legend. That game had such an awesome theme but then it turned into my most hated genera a RTS.
I mean really you have Ozzy in your game and you make it an RTS shame on you.

I also regret getting Socom Confrontation it had some serious server issues during its first few months and it ruined it for me.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:28 AM
daCooksta Offline

daCooksta is loved by somebody!

Quote:

A couple of mine are:

Super Paper Mario
Assassin's Creed
Modern Warfare 2
Is Super Paper Mario the Wii one? If so, I've been thinking of trying it out. Perhaps a trade or borrow could be worked out.

Regardless, I can't think of any games I regret owning, but that's not to say such games don't exist.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:15 AM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

Demon's Souls. I bought into the hype but haven't even cracked the plastic yet. Ugh.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Abrahamm Lincoln Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Abrahamm Lincoln is loved by somebody!
Send a message via MSN to Abrahamm Lincoln

My list so far

Turok
Kingdom Under Fire
Assassins Creed
New Super Mario - DS
Command & Conquer: The Tiberium Wars and Kanes Wrath
Grand Theft Auto 4
Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 AM
daCooksta Offline

daCooksta is loved by somebody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahamm Lincoln View Post
Command & Conquer: The Tiberium Wars and Kanes Wrath
I enjoyed TW, but didn't pick up KW. I do somewhat regret getting Red Alert 3, though. I'm pretty sure that franchise is going to die very, very soon.