Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
I'm addicted to BluRays - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Movies and Television > DVD and Blu-Ray

DVD and Blu-Ray The video vault keeps growing! What movies are in your collection?

Old 03-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!
Default I'm addicted to BluRays

As you all know, I am in love with the movie Black Dynamite. I must own it. Problem is, I want it on BluRay and NO ONE HAS IT!! So today I'm going to buy it online and have it shipped here.

But this made me realize that I have a problem: I'm addicted to BluRays! There is no reason that a movie like Black Dynamite needs to be purchased on BluRay. There aren't any kick-ass special effects! The camera was shot grainy and shitty on purpose. Even the sound was done half-ass because it is supposed to be a blacksploitation movie! Yet I will not allow myself to buy it on regular DVD.

DAMN YOU, CONSUMERISM and your fancy - awesome toys!!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums
Default Much More Selective

I've found that since I've gotten a Blu-Ray player (my PS3) I can not stand to watch movies on anything else. It's made me quite a spoiled snob in this fashion, but I've noticed an unintended side effect. I've found myself much more selective over the movies I purchase, simply due to the higher price point.
I know Blu-Rays have signifigantly dropped in price recently, but I still find myself wanting to know if it's worth spending $15 on Wyatt Earp, when a $3 dollar DVD copy is one bin over. I used to purchase dvd's on a whim. Go to the store for milk, bring home Undercover Brother. Now, I'm much more selective.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Going to the store for milk and coming home with Undercover Brother sounds like the greatest damn grocery trip in history.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums
Default One up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
Going to the store for milk and coming home with Undercover Brother sounds like the greatest damn grocery trip in history.
Two weeks ago I hit Walmart for toilet paper. Ended up getting the original Boondock Saints on Blu-Ray for $3 because someone had mislabled it and thrown it in the cheap bin. Technically, I wasn't getting groceries but it was still pretty awesome.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I find myself buying a blu-ray on every Wal-Mart run or in every Amazon order I have nowadays.
This may sound like a lot but since I live in a small town this only happens a few times a month. Last time I got Black Dynamite and Blade Runner: Super Amazing Ultra Edition 4000
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
El Mariachi Offline
Zorro's His Bitch

El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

There was a movie sale on the hollywood movies because they were going out of business. Bought like 3 dvds, 2 blurays and a crappy game for 20 bucks.

And yeah, there is something about blu-rays that amazes me. Maybe it is the sound quality and the almost uncompressed video that feels so good to watch.

(Also I'm excited that blu-ray burners are going down in prize and my school is getting a bunch in the next couple of months.yay)
Old 03-26-2010, 05:58 PM
RobT Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

RobT is better then youRobT is better then youRobT is better then youRobT is better then you
Send a message via Skype™ to RobT

I stopped buying DVD's a few years ago, but Blu-rays came out and suddenly i've built up 30ish already, I can't get enough of the things!

And when are they doing Aliens!?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Jitterbug Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobT View Post
I stopped buying DVD's a few years ago, but Blu-rays came out and suddenly i've built up 30ish already, I can't get enough of the things!

And when are they doing Aliens!?
Y E S ! I have been waiting for Alien and Aliens ever since I got my PS3

Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 PM
RobT Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

RobT is better then youRobT is better then youRobT is better then youRobT is better then you
Send a message via Skype™ to RobT

I heard that they're having to remaster Aliens as having so much detail doesn't flatter the sets, costumes and environments, but who gives a shit! it's going to be INSANE.

The thing i've noticed the most with blu-rays, is that it's evolved at the same time as 100hz+ TV's, which totally compliment each other. I turned the 100hz off the other day and everything looked ...jerky! amazing how quickly we get used to major changes in tech.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Jitterbug Offline

Its getting pretty close to time for me to pluck down the cash for a new TV. My HDTV is a first gen 1080i. Seriously. It doesn't even use true HDMI, but rather the first gen HDMI that doesn't carry sound! So I run my HDMI from the PS3 into my Receiver and then from the receiver to the tv via the old HDMI. sigh. I really need to suck it up and get a new tv, but the last thing I want to do is haul this 500lb BEAST of an 85" rear projection screen up the basement stairs.