Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Flagship # 112 - Good Night and Good Luck - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > The Talkingship Podcast > The Flagship

The Flagship Talk about recent episodes of the Talkingship shows.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:11 AM
djdsf Offline
Community Manager

djdsf has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to djdsf Send a message via Yahoo to djdsf Send a message via Skype™ to djdsf
Default Flagship # 112 - Good Night and Good Luck

Download or listen here.

Believe it or not, the ship is pulling into harbor. Nerves and Jitterbug are jumping ship and allowing Farva and Fisherman to take the reigns of the ship from this point forward. This week, Nerves and JB look back on the past two years and remember some of the great things that have happened as well as some of the bad things. They also explain why they are abandoning ship as well as whether or not they are ACTUALLY leaving!

Download or listen here.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Niyon Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Niyon is loved by somebody!

I listened last night, and it was depressing as hell. Normally, I would wait and listen Monday nights while I'm at work, but the show notes made me feel like I had to listen right after I downloaded it.

At least you guys agreed with me on one thing, the skits were one of the best parts of the show. To this day, I still have all the shows I have ever downloaded from you guys (I believe I started around #37), and I was always excited to hear what the skit was going to be.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I don't want to listen...
Old 11-29-2010, 11:58 PM
N0kel Offline

N0kel is loved by somebody!

That was an amazing way to end your show, guys. I couldn't imagine any way you could've done it better.

I must admit that I teared up a bit when you both were talking to each other as your voices slowly faded out. That ending felt so "real" and like me and my two good friends were sharing one last good time before we parted. I could tell that everything you said during this final episode was completely pure and from the heart; it was such a magnificent way to end that chapter in Talkingship history.

Thanks for all the laughs you've given me and everyone else. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that you've both been huge inspirations to us all. It's really amazing what you guys have done through the podcast, and I really feel close to you guys even though I've only been a listener since episode #98, which is a huge testament to how well you connect to people and make them feel like part of the big Talkingship family.

Can't wait to see what the future holds for you both and also Talkingship!

Cheers

Last edited by N0kel; 11-30-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:10 AM
SaucedDave Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

SaucedDave is loved by somebody!

It's a shame to see you both ending the show. Its been a great ride for the time, and you have put out some amazing content. Heard every episode, and heard most of them a few times. You boys have both become a huge part of a lot of peoples week. I wish you both the best, and ill still post around the forum from time to time. Interesting to hear what Farva and Fish do, but it certainly won't be the same.

Thank you.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

This is a sad series of events but you guys could have not left it in better hands with the Dave's of Thunder taking the Capitan's hat. If you guys don't stick around in some fashion like you said I'll get pretty mentally unstable and turn this ship back towards the mainland and run you two over as you doggy paddle back to shore.

I hear the podcasting bug is hard to lose so I hope to see you soon. I'll still be here because I'm on this boat for the long haul I can't wait to see this place grow.

Oh and about the old show downloads episode 110 never got put up on Zune so could you fix that?

Live long and prosper. ... I fucking went to Denver to see you guys. Just sayin'.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:39 PM
ThePianoMan Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

ThePianoMan is loved by somebody!

Guys, well done. It musta been a hard thing to do, but the reasons are fair, and I wish you the best of luck. Thank you for a years worth of brilliant listening, and am downloading everything I haven't heard yet. You guys are just so... likable to listen to, and will miss that. Hope to hear you on soon.

Thank you. Good luck, Jitterbug and Nerves.

'Why don't we just go outside and get a nice warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!'

'You'll never know, 'till you forget about those silly old questions...'
Old 12-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Grantly Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

Grantly is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

That was a great final show. Talkingship is easily my favorite podcast and I'm sad to see you guys go.

I am excited to see what Farva and Fisherman do with the show, and I can't wait to hear your guys's skit show. Good luck Jitterbug and Nerves, and thanks for all the great shows.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:52 PM
blackcat0158 Offline

blackcat0158 is loved by somebody!
Send a message via Skype™ to blackcat0158

Well gentlemen, this journey has been a blast over the past couple years. Talkingship quickly rose to the top spot as my favourite podcast, being the one to start my mornings at work. You didn't pull punches, you were just you- a couple of somewhat nerdy, drunk, belligerent bastards just rambling to one another and having fun.

I would be lying if I said this final episode didn't make me tear up. It just felt like hanging with my buds, kicking back and reminiscing about the good old times.

Nerves and Jitterbug- you two will always be my captains. You've not just created a website, and podcast- You've created a community and family.

All the best in whatever you do.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Wow... Thanks soooooooo much everyone. You're kind words mean a hell of a lot more then you know. Talkingship has been an awesome experience, and it has become more then I could ever hope it would be. I am stoked to know that Farva and Fisherman are going to keep the ship moving along, and you sure the hell have not heard the end of Nerves and I. We will be back, in some way or another - we just can't quit you!

The skits were always my favorite part of the show (with music coming in a very close second) and I am excited at the thought of putting a lot more energy into creating a 100% skit episode. Not sure when you'll be seeing that, but it WILL be here, and it WILL be awesome!

Glad you enjoyed the final show. In all our time doing Talkingship, I think the final show is the closest any listener ever got to just sitting down at a table and enjoying a beer with us. We were just bullshitting and before we knew it an hour had passed.

Now for a little secret... there are three TS episodes that exist that you have never heard. There is ep 110, which for some reason never showed up on the feed (but it's just a short musical number) and a Movies show and Music show that never aired. Keep your eyes open for them as they will be showing up real soon.