Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
12/06/11 xbox update, Kinect tempting me. - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Videogames > Console Gaming > XBox 360

XBox 360 For the X-Bots in our family

Old 12-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Cobberwebb Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Cobberwebb is loved by somebody!
Send a message via Skype™ to Cobberwebb
Default 12/06/11 xbox update, Kinect tempting me.

Just reading some info on the new xbox dashboard update being released this week and Kinect's functionality is being increased. I for one couldn't care less about Kinect enabled games but I would like to try out it's functions on the dashboard. No more navigating the menu system with the controller, just say "Mass Effect" and a list of ME related media will appear before you. Maybe I'll treat myself in the post xmas sales. Kinect is around 90 in the UK at the moment. I've always said I'd never get one but, their marketing strategy seems to be working on me. What are your thoughts on Kinect?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Cobberwebb Offline

Well I gave in and got it. Had some spare cash so thought I'd give it a go. Loving it! Really like the voice commands and can now enjoy exercise.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Nerves Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I bought a kinect last year and I really like it. The wifey and I like having people over for games and this is an awesome way to get non-gamers comfortable with trying out some games. Even the Adventtures game that comes with it is really fun. And don't forget the video chat feature!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Cobberwebb Offline

Just waiting the aching to stop and then I'll play again lol. If I have friends over on my birthday again this year there will be some great stories to tell, we are all crazy as fuck when drunk.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Knuckles Offline

Knuckles is completely neutral
Send a message via AIM to Knuckles Send a message via Skype™ to Knuckles

I'm still hesitant about getting a kinect. There's not really any games that I would play on it, but I'm more pissed that the update took away the party feature for Netflix.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
I'm still hesitant about getting a kinect. There's not really any games that I would play on it, but I'm more pissed that the update took away the party feature for Netflix.
Agreed. I'm in the same boat. I bought the Wii under the impression that motion controls would change gaming, and it did... for the worse. Then I bought the Sony shit and had a few laughs with it, but ultimately I got rid of it as well because it just wasn't all that much fun. It's going to take something pretty awesome to get me to buy the Kinect, and just being able to swipe through menus with my hand isn't it. I still contend that the Kinect has the most potential of all the motion control platforms, but I don't think they've reached anywhere close to that potential as of yet.

Also, as for the Party system leaving Netflix... WTF Netflix? Who is making the decisions at your company?! Y U NO SMART?!

Old 12-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Cobberwebb Offline

The thing is I'll always have an xbox so it's a nice add-on. I had a wii and only played wii sports and Mario kart so fucked that off after a few months. Years ago I had a PS3 also, didn't like the exclusives so that ended up just being a very expensive blu-ray player, fucked that off for a nice few pennies as it was the old 60GB model.
So the xbox is staying, so is Kinect and you WILL see the benefits of me having it in a future post (~evil laugh~ ha ha ha ha ha)
Old 12-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

What no BMDDs?!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:23 AM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

We can Skype them if needed, although I think you can still party chat on the 360, but it won't sync the movie anymore.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:54 PM
MsDrunkyTS Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

MsDrunkyTS is loved by somebody!

Netfix is a giant ass turd for getting rid of there party system