Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Who Will Have The First Next Gen System? - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Videogames > Multiplatform

Multiplatform General videogame talk

View Poll Results: Who is going to make the next Next Gen System?
Sony PS4 1 5.56%
Microsoft Xbox 720 8 44.44%
Nintendo WiiHD 8 44.44%
Other 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!
Default Who Will Have The First Next Gen System?

Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have had their newest systems out for a long time now, and by industry standards they should be looking at releasing new, Next Gen hardware right about now. However, all of the major console companies seem to have made a back-room deal that they wouldn't push new hardware anytime soon. Both for monetary reasons and, well... um, monetary reasons, no one seems ready to start the push for a new system.

My question for you is, who is going to be the first one to do it? and Why?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:17 AM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I think Nintendo is going to be the first one to release a new system. The Wii is about to have some serious competition with PS Move and 360 Kinect, and they are going to begin to see their sales effected. I would be surprised if they aren't already deep in development of a new, stronger Wii system that is backward compatible, but provides a deeper experience that can rival the major systems. I also expect them to release a decent, family friendly online service with the new system as well.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Lokela Offline
Chief Petty Officer (rank up at 1000 posts)

Lokela is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I'm voting for Nintendo as well. Sony and Microsoft's "next-gen" entry seems to be the move and kinect. If that's the case, then I think Nintendo will have to either 1up them with the motion controls, or branch off in another direction. What direction that is, I haven't got a clue.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Yup Nintendo will do it first and I'm shocked they haven't already. What ever they come up with it wont be a completely new system
but more of a WiiHD with motion control thats a mix of Move, Natal, and maybe 3D.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

It's got to be Nintendo. As discussed in Episode 4 of GameLounge, I expect to see it at the next E3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Then it the show began to have an identity crisis. It wouldn't play, we found it in my daughters room trying on a tiara, and it began to have a strange affection for Kenny G.
Was it also drinking a Dinky-Doodle?
Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Nerves Offline

Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I think Sega, Atari, and NEC will get together and come out with the TurboDreamcast2600 and it will melt everyones face off!
p.s. nice plug Fisherman
Old 07-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerves View Post
p.s. nice plug Fisherman
Thanks! I found it in your top dresser drawer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Then it the show began to have an identity crisis. It wouldn't play, we found it in my daughters room trying on a tiara, and it began to have a strange affection for Kenny G.
Was it also drinking a Dinky-Doodle?
Old 07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Shaha44 Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

Shaha44 is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I am thinking it will be Microsoft.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Ognawk Offline
Seaman Apprentice (rank up at 25 posts)

Ognawk is loved by somebody!

I think MS will be first out of the gate. Although hopefully with a console that is a bit more reliable.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:47 PM
InstantKarma Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

InstantKarma is loved by somebody!

Mine is the 720, but its more hope than reality