Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
PS3 Exclusive: Hulu Plus - Talkingship Forums
Old 06-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community
Default PS3 Exclusive: Hulu Plus

As discussed on tomorrow's episode of the GameLounge, a new Hulu service is on the horizon, called Hulu Plus. It will have full seasons of all the shows currently on Hulu and multiple past seasons, too. It will still run ads and cost $10/month. Why would you pay $10/month for something that's barely better than the free service you get on Hulu now?

Well my friends, Hulu is banking on versions that extend beyond the computer screen for that. In July, why Hulu Plus officially launches, it will launch with support for the PS3, the iPad, and the iPhone. Here's the kicker: it won't launch with support for 360. That won't happen until 2011.

How big a win do you think this is for Sony? Are you going to be interested in the new service?

If you're interested, toss your name in the hat for the Hulu Plus Preview Service here. I put mine in and haven't heard back yet, but I would imagine it is much like the OnLive Founding Members program where it's free at least until the real service launches. No harm in that.

UPDATE: Just saw that Hulu Plus for the PSN will require PSN Plus to operate, much like Netflix requires 360's Gold service. This could be a huge stumbling block for potential new subscribers, not sure it's gonna matter all that much to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Then it the show began to have an identity crisis. It wouldn't play, we found it in my daughters room trying on a tiara, and it began to have a strange affection for Kenny G.
Was it also drinking a Dinky-Doodle?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I'm not sure how I feel about this as of now. I don't even know if I would pay for it if I WAS planning on getting PSN+, which is still in debate for me. They need to wow me with something before I'll pay for it.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

If it was just me living alone I would just get Hulu Plus and Netflix, thats all the TV I need, not counting sports.
But I will not be getting this from what I have seen so far.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
djdsf Offline
Community Manager

djdsf has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to djdsf Send a message via Yahoo to djdsf Send a message via Skype™ to djdsf

Gonna move this to the Multiplatform forum and change the title because they announced that Hulu will be coming to the 360 as well, so is not a PS3 exclusive.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:27 PM
El Mariachi Offline
Zorro's His Bitch

El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I think the only plus is watching the stuff on the pod touch/iphone, since netflix has pretty much pwned the rental service. But it is a wait and see.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

And there goes all the love I gave Sony on the exclusive Hulu deal.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Fisherman Offline

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mariachi View Post
I think the only plus is watching the stuff on the pod touch/iphone, since netflix has pretty much pwned the rental service. But it is a wait and see.
Yeah, the iPad support will be pretty sweet. I love watching Netflix on the iPad and if its anything like that, it'll be a slam dunk.

Quote:
And there goes all the love I gave Sony on the exclusive Hulu deal.
Because of the PSN+ requirement? I agree it seems punitive for no good reason, but is it that much different than Microsoft requiring XBL Gold to run Netflix streaming?
Quote:
Then it the show began to have an identity crisis. It wouldn't play, we found it in my daughters room trying on a tiara, and it began to have a strange affection for Kenny G.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Rumor smashed.
Quote:
With the launch of Hulu Plus there have been many rumors started and we are trying our best to remedy the situation. Specifically to your question, the Playstation Plus service is only a requirement during the preview period.

Once the preview period ends you should be able to download the Hulu Plus app but that will still require the Hulu Plus subscription.

Right now we are limiting the number of users but Hulu Plus will be launching to the public very soon so stay tuned!
PS+ isn't needed to get Hulu Plus.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM
InstantKarma Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

InstantKarma is loved by somebody!

Well, I'd get a Hulu Plus and Id pay absolutely anything, if they just made it so Hulu wasn't fucking region locked. Christ.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Fisherman Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam-Dog View Post
Rumor smashed.

PS+ isn't needed to get Hulu Plus.
So it turns out! I mentioned it on the podcast we just recorded. PSN+ is required for the preview event, but not the service.
Quote: