Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

New Music Modest Mouse - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Sound > Music

Music New or old, we love it all. Talk about your music here.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Gilarus Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

Gilarus is loved by somebody!
Default Modest Mouse

Amazing band, really need to check them out and judge for yourself. I really love them.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I love them. I have a lot of their albums, and have been surprised by just how many albums they actually have! Most of their early stuff is for fans only, but starting with The Moon, Antartica, and More, every album has been great (though that one is still my favorite.)

Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 PM
El Mariachi Offline
Zorro's His Bitch

El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I have only the album with float on. Gotta say one of the most interesting bands i have heard. The good times are killing me is my favorite song.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Ala Douche Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Ala Douche is loved by somebody!

Love love love Modest Mouse! Definitely my favorite band. They have some great stuff before Moon and Antarctica too. This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About and Lonesome Crowded West are absolutely amazing.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Agreed, Modest Mouse is great, and while Moon and Antarctica is my favorite album, I was blown away to discover all of their other, early albums were damn good too. I half expected them to be sloppy, but they are great.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Kariz Offline

Kariz is loved by somebody!

Love them, my brother got me into em a few years back and I've been a fan ever since. We Were Dead Before the Ship even Sank is my favorite album, mainly because of Little Motel and Dashboard
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I have never given them a fair chance I guess I should.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Ala Douche Offline

Ala Douche is loved by somebody!

If you're going to give them a fair chance, do it with The Moon and Antarctica. It is their best album.

The thing that I really like about them is that even after gaining world-wide fame, they still do their own thing. They make music the way they want to and it definitely shows.

I do have to say that I appreciate their older stuff more because of the way they utilized simple sounds in a complex way and did it extremely well.

PS: King Rat is an awesome, epic song and one of the best off of the new album. I do have to say i like The Whale Song and Perpetual Motion Machine more though.
Old 09-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Lokela Offline
Chief Petty Officer (rank up at 1000 posts)

Lokela is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I pretty much like the tone of the whole album. Good listening.