Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
"V" - Talkingship Forums
Old 03-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!
Default "V"

I am stoked to start watching "V" again. I watched the recap episode and it just got me all geeked out again. I am really loving that show.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 PM
PaganNinja Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

PaganNinja is loved by somebody!

I haven't seen any of the episodes but the show sounds interesting. If i jumped in at this point would it be easy to understand whats going on or should i wait for the dvds.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganNinja View Post
I haven't seen any of the episodes but the show sounds interesting. If i jumped in at this point would it be easy to understand whats going on or should i wait for the dvds.
The aliens came to Earth in giant ships that hovered over all the major cities in the world. They said they wanted to have good relations with our planet, and were here to use some of our natural resources. In trade, they would give us a lot of technological advancements, especially in medicine.

However, they are lizard people that are secretly here to wipe us out. A few humans and a few traitor "V"s are trying to build a resistance called 'The Fifth Column.'

There. Enjoy the show!!

Old 03-28-2010, 10:49 PM
BlinkinCard41 Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

BlinkinCard41 is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community
Send a message via AIM to BlinkinCard41 Send a message via Skype™ to BlinkinCard41

I started watching it a few months ago right after it had first aired. I really wanted to like it but I couldn't get through the first hour. It just came off as really goofy to me and seemed really predictable. Maybe I'll try watching it again some time and hopefully I'll enjoy it.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Grantly Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

Grantly is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I've been meaning to watch this. It's got Morena Baccarin in it, and I love her from Firefly.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

This is going to be one of those shows I wait for the entire season to finish, and then Hulu/ABC.com/however I can get it digitally the fuck out of it in a weekend. That's gonna be a fun weekend.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:04 AM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

I used to watch the old show when I was a kid. The damn lizards scared the shit out of me. I still have memories of a guy getting half his face ripped off and there being a lizard behind his "skin". It still creeps me out. I don't know if it's childhood trauma, or if i'm just a blazing pussy, but I've not found time to check this one out yet. I think if I can find a way to Hulu or watch all of the opening episodes in one shot, I'll knock them out.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
I used to watch the old show when I was a kid. The damn lizards scared the shit out of me. I still have memories of a guy getting half his face ripped off and there being a lizard behind his "skin". It still creeps me out. I don't know if it's childhood trauma, or if i'm just a blazing pussy, but I've not found time to check this one out yet. I think if I can find a way to Hulu or watch all of the opening episodes in one shot, I'll knock them out.
I think they're all still up on ABC.com, but I'm not sure how long that will last.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:25 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

The first four episodes are on Hulu. I'm a jackass for not looking. I'll check them out later tonight.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Jitterbug Offline

So - I watched the newest episode, and it was good. But fuck - 'V', why don't you try building a God Damn set instead of putting every scene on the mothership in a green room? It looks like ass every time they are on the ship. I've seen videogames that look more realistic then this! It's like watching Command and Conquer cg movies!!!