Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Home Brewing - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > B33r > Whatcha Drinking?

Whatcha Drinking? Tell us about your drink of choice.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Elfslayer087 Offline
Seaman Apprentice (rank up at 25 posts)

Elfslayer087 is loved by somebody!
Default Home Brewing

I am a home brewer and I figure with a group of beer lovers like we have on this forum there are bound to be some other proud home brewers. So I am wondering if anyone has any beer receipies they would like to share or just general brewing talk.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Lokela Offline
Chief Petty Officer (rank up at 1000 posts)

Lokela is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

I'm not a home brewer myself, but I'm growing increasing interested in it. I think Jitterbug and Nerves are trying some home brewing, but they havn't updated their thread about it in awhile. What is your favorite type of beer to brew, elfslayer?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

We keep planning to start brewing - we've got the goods, but Hops are fucking expensive so we haven't done it yet. We will before the summer is out though.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:51 AM
DavGxyz Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

DavGxyz is loved by somebody!

You know what. i've never done it myself. But my dad made his own beer and wine for about 30 years. Fuc*king potent stuff I can tell you. I've fond memories of when he sampled his wine for a few hours while bottling it. We found him one time collapsed with his head in the kitchen sink.

I'm going to give it a try when I have more time. Any recipe links would be usefull. Or top tips!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Elfslayer087 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
We keep planning to start brewing - we've got the goods, but Hops are fucking expensive so we haven't done it yet. We will before the summer is out though.
Where are you buying your supplies?? I guess I have had to buy hops that were that expensive.

Also there are tons of good recipes at beerrecipes.com great place to look up recipes for both full grain and extract brewing.

My favorite types of beer I have brewed so far are dunkelweizen, a belgin wit (similar to blue moon) and a oktoberfest. I am working on making a good IPA
Old 06-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Nerves Offline

Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

There is actually a homebrewing store here in my town that has recently opened a new small brewery next door. I also have a friend that is an avid brewer and is ready to assist us with our missing pieces and help us launch our first batch! It will be happening very soon. So stay tuned!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Elfslayer087 Offline

Good for you guys I know you will have a great time with it. I am starting my quest for a perfect ipa tomorrow will keep you posted

what kind of brewing are you planning on starting with full grain or extract Also what will you be brewing
Old 06-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Nerves Offline

Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfslayer087 View Post
Good for you guys I know you will have a great time with it. I am starting my quest for a perfect ipa tomorrow will keep you posted

what kind of brewing are you planning on starting with full grain or extract Also what will you be brewing
We have started the first batch of Talkingship Ale! "The beer that tastes like ship!"
We used canned and dry malts for our first try at a decent wort. We are making a traditional lager that has some pale ale tones to it. We'll be ready to drink here in July!
I am addicted already and can't wait to try different recipes and see how the ingredients play new roles in flavor and how the fermenting process works.
I think I will try a dry hopping technique for the next one with a bottom fermenting yeast to make a tasty IPA!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 PM
DavGxyz Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

DavGxyz is loved by somebody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerves View Post
We have started the first batch of Talkingship Ale! "The beer that tastes like ship!"
We used canned and dry malts for our first try at a decent wort. We are making a traditional lager that has some pale ale tones to it. We'll be ready to drink here in July!
I am addicted already and can't wait to try different recipes and see how the ingredients play new roles in flavor and how the fermenting process works.
I think I will try a dry hopping technique for the next one with a bottom fermenting yeast to make a tasty IPA!
If I were you. I'd be prepared for it to not taste exactly like you think it will.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Elfslayer087 Offline

I just brewed my first ipa this weekend I got pretty drunk in the process so I hope it turn out good