Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Drunken Story Time - Page 2 - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > B33r > The Drunk Tank

The Drunk Tank Tell us your stories of drunken revelry!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Oleander4321 Offline
Show some respect! This is Mrs. Jitterbug!!

Oleander4321 is loved by somebody!

That sucks Farva! I think there was an episode of 30 Rock similar to that, but she DID make out with her cousin. Cheers to close calls!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander4321 View Post
That sucks Farva! I think there was an episode of 30 Rock similar to that, but she DID make out with her cousin. Cheers to close calls!
Never seen the show. Do you remember what the episode was about so I can google it. Now I really want to watch it.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Never seen the show. Do you remember what the episode was about so I can google it. Now I really want to watch it.
Just google: '30 Rock Tina Fey nearly dates her cousin' and it'll pop up.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Man Farva that is hysterical.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam-Dog View Post
Man Farva that is hysterical.
I kid you not. It was one of the weirdest weeks of my life. REALLY awkward around the breakfast table. If you get on my facebook page, she's under my friends list. Once you catch a gander at her, you won't blame me for trying.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Sir I do not blame you.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:11 AM
muttonchop Offline
The Thunder From Down Under

muttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then you
Send a message via Skype™ to muttonchop

Okay, I've got a story for ya. Hang on, it's probably gonna ramble a little bit.

Well, to start with, as some of the Crewbies know, I don't drink. I've never really tried before (except for this one time about a year ago... it didn't end well, but thats beside the point), and feel no need to.

Unfortunately, this usually lands me as the Designated Driver (which I have a feeling is going to be my designated role when I come out to PAX Prime next year), and this story comes from one of those Designated Driver moments.

This story takes place in Central Queensland, which is predominantly a coal mining area. A very good friend of mine had gotten a job working for a friends of his as a courier. His mate worked as an Auto Electrician at numerous mine sites in the area. I'd also like to state now that his mate/boss is a complete and utter fucking idiot, and if I ever saw him on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put him out...

...yeah, I didn't like him, but this was only after I got to know him. This story takes place before I got to know him that well.

Anyway, my friend was doing a run about once a week, which is about 600 to 700 kilometers one-way, and I decided to tag along this trip. We get up there and my mate Phil had to give him a hand for a little while. They went, did their thing, came back, and decided to start drinking. Now this isn't usually a problem, or so I thought, because as Darren got drunker, he got this fucking great idea in his head to go on a bit of a road trip. Guess who got to drive.

So after stocking up on a few hundred dollars worth of Rum and Cola, we were off! We had no destination in mind, we had no worries... we had no clue, basically. We basically just followed the Highway west for just over a hundred kilometres, and ended up at this little town called Anakie. It had a small pub, so the two piss heads could keep drinking, and it had a pool table, which is something I could get into.

1/2 way through a game, Darren walks up to me and tells him to give him the keys to the utility. I was about to refuse, but my mate told me to give him the keys (A/ Because it was Darren's car, and B/ Because Darren was his boss), so I just thought "Fuck it, maybe he'll get arrested", and gave him the keys. He went out, jumped in the car, and drove off.

Phil and I continued with our game of pool for maybe another half hour to an hour, and Darren showed up again. We didn't ask where he'd been, and he didn't tell us. The only inkling that something had happened while he was gone was when we were leaving, I put one of those car stickers on the back of the tray, saying something like "I've Been to Anakie". When he saw it, he just calmly walked up to it, looked me in the eye, said: "Adam... we were never here", and pulled the sticker off.

I'd like to point out that at this point I was convinced he'd killed somebody and that I'd need an alibi.

Eventually, I got it out of Phil that apparently, Darren use to work in that town, and the guy he worked for, fixing machines and the like, stiffed him on some money for a job he did. Well, all these years later, while in town, and drunk, he drove to this guys property, found his really expensive tractor, and loosened a part. Now, it's not the sort of thing that will make the brakes fail, or anything like that. It'll just make the machine not start. A very, very cheap part, like a nut or something. Something so simple to fix, but something which would cost thousands to diagnose. He got fucked over, so he returned the favor.

While driving back to Blackwater, well, I haven't really told you what we were driving yet. We were in a Ford Falcon Utility

It has a bench seat which seats 3 normal size people comfortably (or in our case, 2 big guys, and the small guy ((Darren)) in the middle). The passenger side footwell, which thankfully was all rubber (It's a workmen's ute) was full of Rum and Cola, just sloshing around. Darren was seated with his feet up on the dashboard, holding a can of Rum and Cola in his hand, asleep, and surprisingly enough, he was spilling less asleep than what he was when he was awake.

Half way home, we saw a 4WD on the side of the road with the bonnet up, some sort of engine trouble. I was promptly told by the drunkards to stop the car, as they were going to render assistance. I should point out that they could barely assist themselves out of the car because of how drunk they were, let alone assist someone else.

They walked (stumbled) over to the car, and started asking what the problem was. The driver had no clue, so Darren put it upon himself to help (whether or not they wanted that help or not). He pulled out his little pair of pliers, from where, I don't know, and proceeded to poke around in the engine bay. After a minute or two of poking around, he came out holding some random part, saying, and I quote: "You don't need this", threw it away, and told the guy to try starting the car.

Old mate was convinced that his car had just been fucked up (as was I), but went to start the engine anyway. To both his, and my, surprise, it started.

With nothing more than a "There ya go, have a safe trip", we were all back in the Ute, and driving off into the sunset.

The End.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's my little addition to this page. What did you think?

Enjoy!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Good story, Muttonchop!

Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM
DEL Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

DEL is loved by somebody!

So after spending oh like 12 hours editing articles, I basicly was loosing my mind. At around i'd say midnight a friend calls me on skype with his wife drunk in the background asking me if I wanted to do somed Drunk Driving in the blur demo. Now keep in mind I was fairly stressed and needed to get drunk in a hurry. So I broke out the Green Fairy and basicly got blitzed in like 3 shots. Now since we are talking absinthe, it was not the average drunk, it came with the pretty colors and a blackout. From what I have been told, I tore it up in the Blur demo derby (suprise) but when we switched to races I was horrible. All I can remember is some pretty lights and smashing the crap out of SUV's. One of 2 times I have actually blacked out, the other I apparently had to be held back from trying to track down a hobo to fight. That was due to the Jager fountain at a local bar.

Also when Blur comes out there needs to be a gamernight, because that shit is fun drunk.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Jitterbug Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEL View Post
So after spending oh like 12 hours editing articles, I basicly was loosing my mind. At around i'd say midnight a friend calls me on skype with his wife drunk in the background asking me if I wanted to do somed Drunk Driving in the blur demo. Now keep in mind I was fairly stressed and needed to get drunk in a hurry. So I broke out the Green Fairy and basicly got blitzed in like 3 shots. Now since we are talking absinthe, it was not the average drunk, it came with the pretty colors and a blackout. From what I have been told, I tore it up in the Blur demo derby (suprise) but when we switched to races I was horrible. All I can remember is some pretty lights and smashing the crap out of SUV's. One of 2 times I have actually blacked out, the other I apparently had to be held back from trying to track down a hobo to fight. That was due to the Jager fountain at a local bar.

Also when Blur comes out there needs to be a gamernight, because that shit is fun drunk.
I need to get my hands on some absinthe to give it a go. And not the shitty American (legal) stuff either. The real, wormwood barrel aged shit.