Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Ask An Aussie! - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > The Main Deck > The Bridge

The Bridge The main forum area where you can post topics that don't fit in any other category.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:49 AM
muttonchop Offline
The Thunder From Down Under

muttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then you
Send a message via Skype™ to muttonchop
Post Ask An Aussie!

Okay Shipheads, as the ships resident Australian (whom they keep locked in the hold, setting him loose from time to time to entertain the crew with shouts of "Crikey!" and "Cloaca!"), I wanted to start this thread for those who have ever wanted to find out a bit more about Australia, or simply wanted a crazy Aussie's opinion on any number of different subjects (I do this because every time I go on Xbox Live, I get inundated with all manner of silly/strange questions about Australia. Thought I'd get them out of the way here on the forums).

So anybody got a question that they want to... "Ask An Aussie"?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:30 AM
daCooksta Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

daCooksta is loved by somebody!

Are all of y'all really from Pulse and hate Cocoon just as much as Cocoon people hate Pulse?
Old 04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
muttonchop Offline

muttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then you

Quote:
Originally Posted by daCooksta View Post
Are all of y'all really from Pulse and hate Cocoon just as much as Cocoon people hate Pulse?
If by Pulse, you mean Australia, and Cocoon, you mean England, and are referring to how many moons ago, we, as convicts were cast out of Cocoon (England) to the world below, Pulse (Australia) <The Land Downunder>, then yes, we use to hate them. However, we no longer hate our bad teeth brethren like we use to, instead, we pity them and their country. It's small, wet, and cold most of the year, while down here, it's warm, sunny and full of wide open spaces.

I hope this answers your question (or confuses you further. I have a feeling I may have misinterpreted the question, as I am want to do from time to time).

If I missed the point, please re-submit your question using smaller words so my brain can process it, lol!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:41 AM
daCooksta Offline

daCooksta is loved by somebody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonchop View Post
If by Pulse, you mean Australia, and Cocoon, you mean England, and are referring to how many moons ago, we, as convicts were cast out of Cocoon (England) to the world below, Pulse (Australia) <The Land Downunder>, then yes, we use to hate them. However, we no longer hate our bad teeth brethren like we use to, instead, we pity them and their country. It's small, wet, and cold most of the year, while down here, it's warm, sunny and full of wide open spaces.

I hope this answers your question (or confuses you further. I have a feeling I may have misinterpreted the question, as I am want to do from time to time).

If I missed the point, please re-submit your question using smaller words so my brain can process it, lol!
It was a Final Fantasy XIII joke.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:49 AM
muttonchop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by daCooksta View Post
It was a Final Fantasy XIII joke.
Ah-HA! Got Ya
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
DouchBaggins Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

DouchBaggins is loved by somebody!
Send a message via Yahoo to DouchBaggins

My question is if you stand on top of Uluru (that big ass rock down under) and piss off of the top of it, does is spiral down in a counterclockwise pattern? And if you happen to hit a 'Roo, does it wait till you get to the ground to box you, or hops up to meet you in the middle?
Old 04-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Deadpool Offline

Deadpool is completely neutral

Quote:
It's small, wet, and cold most of the year, while down here, it's warm, sunny and full of wide open spaces.
Funnily enough, it's also full of dangerous and rather large creatures, while England really isn't all that menacing in that department.

I think we just solved Final Fantasy XIII. This is a game about the future...

Old 04-01-2010, 03:32 PM
muttonchop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiepool View Post
Funnily enough, it's also full of dangerous and rather large creatures, while England really isn't all that menacing in that department.

I think we just solved Final Fantasy XIII. This is a game about the future...
But England has Margaret Thatcher...

... check, and mate. lol!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Deadpool Offline

Deadpool is completely neutral

Quote:
But England has Margaret Thatcher...

... check, and mate. lol!
And Cocoon has Barthandelus.
I believe your check mate was too soon, sir.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Are there spiders the size of a fist in your house?