Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Rant about Xbox Live. - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > Videogames > Polygamerous Podcast

Polygamerous Podcast Talk about recent episodes of Polygamerous

View Poll Results: Should Microsoft Change it's name to.
MIcrocash 1 12.50%
The Nickle and Dime you club 0 0%
We rape your momma for a penny 4 50.00%
We make it broken then charge you to fix it 2 25.00%
Hope some day the rings of Death hits the Whole Company 1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2010, 11:54 AM
nsanehunter Offline
Seaman Apprentice (rank up at 25 posts)

nsanehunter is loved by somebody!
Default Rant about Xbox Live.

Hey, am I the only one bugged by this fact. I own one Xbox 360 with one live account. I wish to purchase a second Xbox 360 for the bedroom to view Netflix and use as a media Center.
In order to use Netflix you must have a Xbox Live account in this case I do. Well Microsoft informs me that you must purchase a SECOND LIVE ACCOUNT to Watch Netflix on the second XBOX 360. You have one option besides that is to recover gamer tag EVERYTIME you wish to use the other machine. I think this really is crap. PS3 and WII both offer Netflix on their machines with out having to pay extra. Where Microcash charges you to just use the service already. Hey I'm fine with paying for Live once but to have to pay a second charge just to use Live on another machine to view media and keep in mind not at the being used at the same time as the other machine . When This machince get the ring of death for the second time bye Microcash I'll just replace the TV with a HDTV and pick up a second PS3 and Have BLUE Ray instead Of my USELESS HHD!!!!
Thank for letting me Rant.
NsaneHunter
Old 06-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Damn thats does suck, come to the dark side join the psthree.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

They're not being totally truthful with you here. You can load up your profile on a USB memory stick and transfer that between the two 360s and make it work that way without getting a second XBL Gold account.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Then it the show began to have an identity crisis. It wouldn't play, we found it in my daughters room trying on a tiara, and it began to have a strange affection for Kenny G.
Was it also drinking a Dinky-Doodle?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

It is pure shit. Microsoft has been pushing to make their console a Media-Center-Must, and by most accounts they are doing a great job of it. But this is an example of how they are not in sync with what the "New American Family" is like. They have built their system and online service to support the idea that families have one tv, and everyone gathers there to spend time in the same place. That might be true of the families of the 50's when tv was new, but it's not the case anymore. We have 3 tv's in our house, and each of them gets used equally. I would love to be able to have access to Netflix in the bedroom, but having to buy a new 360 AND a new subscription to LIVE just seems dumb. They need to work on adapting their service to the New Century Family rather then the good ole days where everyone gathered around the one tv to spend time together.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:26 PM
DavGxyz Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

DavGxyz is loved by somebody!

Personally, i'd just put my hard drive from the live account onto your other one. 10 second job really.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Fisherman Offline
Video Game Community Manager

Fisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship CommunityFisherman is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGxyz View Post
Personally, i'd just put my hard drive from the live account onto your other one. 10 second job really.
Yeah, you can do that, right? That's what I thought, or just a memory stick with your profile on it. I keep my profile on a memory stick instead of my hard drive for that very purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Then it the show began to have an identity crisis. It wouldn't play, we found it in my daughters room trying on a tiara, and it began to have a strange affection for Kenny G.
Was it also drinking a Dinky-Doodle?
Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Devette Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Devette is loved by somebody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
Yeah, you can do that, right? That's what I thought, or just a memory stick with your profile on it. I keep my profile on a memory stick instead of my hard drive for that very purpose.
True stuff. I also keep mine on a memory card. It makes it super nice when you are playing at friends' houses... you can just pop it in and go. Highly recommend it.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:46 PM
djdsf Offline
Community Manager

djdsf has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to djdsf Send a message via Yahoo to djdsf Send a message via Skype™ to djdsf

You know you can just unlink your account through netflix.com an then link t to your other 360 and then when you want to watch netflx on the other 360 unlink it from the second one and move to back to the first.

You did know you could do that and that it also happens on the PS3 right?