Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Ask An Aussie! - Page 3 - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > The Main Deck > The Bridge

The Bridge The main forum area where you can post topics that don't fit in any other category.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Lokela Offline
Chief Petty Officer (rank up at 1000 posts)

Lokela is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community

That is a bad ass spider, right there.

So, Muttonchoppers, is it true that dingos eat babies?

But seriously, do they???
Old 04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
muttonchop Offline
The Thunder From Down Under

muttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then you
Send a message via Skype™ to muttonchop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokela View Post

That is a bad ass spider, right there.

So, Muttonchoppers, is it true that dingos eat babies?

But seriously, do they???
While it has never been officially stated, and to this day the disappearance of Azaria Chamberlain remains unsolved and the case open, It has always been assumed that a dingo did in fact attack and kill the baby.

In 2001, a 9 year old boy was mauled to death by 2 dingos while holidaying on Fraser Island, the largest sand island in the world. Fraser Island is also home to a large group of some of the last few remaining pure blooded dingos.

With this subsequent attack and death, it adds more weight to the story of Lindy Chamberlain, that her baby was indeed eaten by a dingo.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Maximus Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Maximus is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community
Send a message via AIM to Maximus Send a message via MSN to Maximus Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus Send a message via Skype™ to Maximus

Did you guys like Steve Irwin......... He was my childhood hero. I can remember when i was younger I'd go outside and stalk stray cats and dogs pretending like I was Steve Irwin doing a dcumentary on it. With the accent and everything. I even found a garter snake once capture him all Stever Irwin-esque and "relocated" him to my back yard over the ditch.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:28 AM
muttonchop Offline

muttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Did you guys like Steve Irwin......... He was my childhood hero. I can remember when i was younger I'd go outside and stalk stray cats and dogs pretending like I was Steve Irwin doing a dcumentary on it. With the accent and everything. I even found a garter snake once capture him all Stever Irwin-esque and "relocated" him to my back yard over the ditch.
Yeah, I liked Steve. Like most Australians, I thought he was a little over the top, but in saying that, you could see how passionate he was about wildlife conservation... no matter how many times he picked up that wildlife by the tail and dangled it in front of a camera, saying "Isn't she beautiful!"

I had a chance once to visit his Crocodile Farm in Queensland, before it became the behemoth of a park it is today. There was a tour that you paid a bit extra for. It took you out the back of the park into this huge croc enclosure, where he would actually climb over the fence, into the same area as 5 or 6 man eating crocodiles. It was a big area, full of all these deep, water filled canals/ditches, with water so dirty that you couldn't see anything a foot or 2 below the surface.

He's just calmly walk within a metre or 2 of the water with a stick, and tap it at the waters edge, trying to get them to come out and play. When the stick didn't work, he threw the stick aside, moved closer to the edge, and tapped near the water with his hand. A minute or so later, Agro, the male croc in the enclosure, came rocketing out of the water trying to take his head of. Close, but no cigar.

This was Steve Irwin, and this was how we all expected him to go. Either trying to jam his thumb up a crocodiles "Cloaca!" (Crikey! He's pissed now!!!), or bitten by something incredibly venomous.

Not by a fucking stingray.

Oh well, such is life.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Maximus Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Maximus is becoming a valued member of the Talkingship Community
Send a message via AIM to Maximus Send a message via MSN to Maximus Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus Send a message via Skype™ to Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttonchop View Post
Yeah, I liked Steve. Like most Australians, I thought he was a little over the top, but in saying that, you could see how passionate he was about wildlife conservation... no matter how many times he picked up that wildlife by the tail and dangled it in front of a camera, saying "Isn't she beautiful!"

I had a chance once to visit his Crocodile Farm in Queensland, before it became the behemoth of a park it is today. There was a tour that you paid a bit extra for. It took you out the back of the park into this huge croc enclosure, where he would actually climb over the fence, into the same area as 5 or 6 man eating crocodiles. It was a big area, full of all these deep, water filled canals/ditches, with water so dirty that you couldn't see anything a foot or 2 below the surface.

He's just calmly walk within a metre or 2 of the water with a stick, and tap it at the waters edge, trying to get them to come out and play. When the stick didn't work, he threw the stick aside, moved closer to the edge, and tapped near the water with his hand. A minute or so later, Agro, the male croc in the enclosure, came rocketing out of the water trying to take his head of. Close, but no cigar.

This was Steve Irwin, and this was how we all expected him to go. Either trying to jam his thumb up a crocodiles "Cloaca!" (Crikey! He's pissed now!!!), or bitten by something incredibly venomous.

Not by a fucking stingray.

Oh well, such is life.
Agreed, I loved watching him. I had dreams when I was little of actually going there one day and catching a croc with him. I watched pretty much everything he ever made or filmed. There almost isn't anything he hasn't done that I haven't watched.

But, yea. He was a little over the edge, but, its what I liked about him.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

So, since everything is backwards down there....what the hell does the missionary position look like to you guys?
Old 04-02-2010, 04:01 PM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
So, since everything is backwards down there....what the hell does the missionary position look like to you guys?
Two words: Strap Ons

Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM
muttonchop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farva View Post
Kinda looks like the normal missionary, you just tend to hurt your neck a lot more from having to stand on your head while doing it
Old 04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Deadpool Offline
Petty Officer First Class (rank up at 500 posts)

Deadpool is completely neutral

Ok. I've always wondered this too. Does the toilet water drain the opposite way from America (unless you haven't been for reference).

Old 04-02-2010, 07:29 PM
muttonchop Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiepool View Post
Ok. I've always wondered this too. Does the toilet water drain the opposite way from America (unless you haven't been for reference).
I don't know what sort of weird ass toilets (see what I did there) you guys have, but just for reference, I went and flushed my toilet. It went straight down. It didn't spin left, it didn't spin right, it just went down.