Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79

Your Best Magic Deck - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > The Hobby Shop > Cards

Cards Are you into collectible card games? Here's the place for you.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!
Default Your Best Magic Deck

I admit it. I'm a Magic the Gathering geek. I have a ton of cards and I would have a hell of a lot more if I had kept all the ones I had when I was a teenager. There's just something about putting a deck together that gets me going. Which brings me to the topic of this thread... What is your best Magic Deck?

I've got a couple. The best one is a Sliver deck. It is damn near unbeatable, and absolutely NO FUN to play against, so I rarely ever play it. These creatures were simply too powerful.

The deck's I like to play the most are a White Soldier deck, a White Cleric deck, a Black Zombie deck, and a Red/Green Beast deck. My Blue Wizard deck ain't half bad either.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Niyon Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Niyon is loved by somebody!

I can attest to slivers being no fun to play against. My friend made one that was pretty much unbeatable (but he didn't have a couple of the real pain in the ass ones like other people would use).

As for my decks, I never really had great success with any of them. Probably, funny enough, the best one I had made was a red deck that I started with the 9th Ed starter, and then grabbed some 9th Ed boosters (along with the same cards from previous editions) and made a decent deck out of it. Had some direct damage, and some goblins, but didn't focus on either.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Abrahamm Lincoln Offline

Abrahamm Lincoln is loved by somebody!
Send a message via MSN to Abrahamm Lincoln

I to have a Sliver deck that is the worst to play against and is no fun even to play anymore. Recently I've been rolling with a 10th edition Vampire deck that has been kicking ass but I'd have to say right now my best deck is an artifact deck I made with some cards that make people rage hard. Also have a pimped out White Soldier deck as well.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Nerves Offline

Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Nerves has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

My killer is my Phage the Untouchable deck. I have that bad boy tunes in to win in 3 turns if my draws are good to start. I have done it probably 3 times. My other one, that I actually sold for $75 was a red green Berserk deck that I used to play in high school. It was FUN to play and play against. Lots of variety and surprises with very little direct damage.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Nipples Offline
The Nipples Never Saw Him Coming

Nipples has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Nipples has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

One of my meanest decks was dubbed the "Dark Savage" as I had two similar decks that I mainly played with. One was a black/green evil bastard that would throw you off and suck you dry. The other was the real savage and nothing but pure green. Within 5 rounds I would have some evil and big things out there and no way to stop them as I would fog the hell out of the place. By the time I would attack I would normally hit you with an average total of 50/50.

I remember once landing an overall attack of 85/85 +trample. The guy I was playing against was one mana short of a Wrath-O-God and he was pissed (should of saved that mana).

(o) (o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttonchop
Therefore, in conclusion, you have just created a paradox which will rip the world in two, resulting in the entire shit show being sucked into a black hole, leading us to an ass backwards world full of Time Traveling Trannies...
Old 04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Choopy Offline
The Elusive Chupacabro

Choopy has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Choopy has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I used to love kicking Nerves' ass with my black red dragon/vampire deck. That was fun til he found counterspells....

I played online for quite awhile. I really loved playing the Emperor variant. I had a killer Emp deck there.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:59 PM
blackcat0158 Offline

blackcat0158 is loved by somebody!
Send a message via Skype™ to blackcat0158

I used to have a horrible, nasty blue deck that should I draw the correct cards, I could win in 2-3 turns. Sadly, these were stolen out of my locker in grade 8. I've only just been getting back into magic, and don't have anything to significant.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Abrahamm Lincoln Offline

Abrahamm Lincoln is loved by somebody!
Send a message via MSN to Abrahamm Lincoln

I recently bought the Duel Decks with Phyrexia VS The Coalition and those decks are alot of fun to play.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Jitterbug Offline

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I have a Modular Artifact creature deck that people hate to play against.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
El Mariachi Offline
Zorro's His Bitch

El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.El Mariachi has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

I hated Magic. Never got into it.