Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
Do you like the new Xbox Dashboard Update? - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > The Talkingship Podcast > The Gamebang

The Gamebang Join Muttonchop, Dave and Clint on the all new Gamebang!

View Poll Results: Do you like the new Xbox Dashboard update?
Yes 3 23.08%
No 2 15.38%
Oh God, Fuck NO! 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2011, 03:49 AM
muttonchop Offline
The Thunder From Down Under

muttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then youmuttonchop is better then you
Send a message via Skype™ to muttonchop
Post Do you like the new Xbox Dashboard Update?

So guys, if you've listened to the podcast ( and if you haven't, I'll wait........... done yet?), then you'll know that Dave got a little bit... passionate... in his opinion of the latest Dashboard offering from Microsoft.

The question we have for you now is this; Do you like the new Xbox Dashboard Update?

Tell us why it's better or worse than the previous iteration of the Dash, we'd love to know your thoughts on the matter!

Muttonchop.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Cobberwebb Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Cobberwebb is loved by somebody!
Send a message via Skype™ to Cobberwebb

I for one only use the xbox for games so the dashboard changes don't mean a thing to me. As long as I can play my games I don't give a crap. I like the layout, I can navigate through the menus quickly using the bumper buttons. I understand the rage at the netflix party sytem, but with the new so called 'apps' we are getting more content, youtube, 4OD(UK) plus more to come, oh no! Too much choice!
Oh and I now have a Kinect to keep me fit and trim (hate running, hurts my knees) so I don't have to search for my controller just to navigate to the game.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

I am sad to see the party option go from Netflix, but there's nothing else there that makes me angry.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:56 PM
MsDrunkyTS Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

MsDrunkyTS is loved by somebody!

If shit was pretty then you'd have the new dashboard. And netflix's amazing fail has caused me sleepless nights. I wanna punch someone!
I'm no fan and my hate mail to xbox proves it
Old 12-25-2011, 10:30 AM
McChicken116 Offline
Seaman (rank up at 50 posts)

McChicken116 is loved by somebody!

The loss of netflix is very annoying to me, and I hope that they really are working to get it back like they said they are.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Legend377TSC Offline
n00b

Legend377TSC is completely neutral

I'm with you guys about Netflix. I don't like the new look of it, and can't easily switch to new episodes. I didn't use the party feature often, but agree that it was nice to have and use. Other than that, I love the new look. It is very intuitive. Navigation is easier since like items are grouped together and easy to see. The most impressive feature that I use heavily is the cloud feature and the ability to access my profile from other consoles without having to recover it. The cloud feature comes in handy if you have more than one xbox. I have 2 in my house. One downstairs for the kids, and one in my bedroom for when the kids have the other one tied up. This cloud feature allows me to access my saved games without using a flash drive stick. I also don't have to spend 2 mintues recovering my profile every time I want to play on a different console.