Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 79
I like Netflix but..... - Talkingship Forums

Go Back   Talkingship Forums > The Main Deck > The Bridge

The Bridge The main forum area where you can post topics that don't fit in any other category.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Cobberwebb Offline
Petty Officer Third Class (rank up at 100 posts)

Cobberwebb is loved by somebody!
Send a message via Skype™ to Cobberwebb
Default I like Netflix but.....

So we in the UK now have Netflix which is great, I've had to listen to you in the US chatter on about this service for far too long.
One problem though. Whether it's on the PC or the xbox I find that blacks are not black, they are grey. The contrast is way too low and its not me or my equipment. It's like watching a movie/TV show through a fog. There is no option to download the movie to watch later or make a list of 'to watch' for later on.
I do like the service but improvements can be made.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:51 PM
MarksmanShrimp Offline

MarksmanShrimp is completely neutral

I've experienced the same issue, but it's not happening every time i use it, it seems to be only when i watch films, as I've had no problem finally watching Arrested Development on it.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Cobberwebb Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarksmanShrimp View Post
I've experienced the same issue, but it's not happening every time i use it, it seems to be only when i watch films, as I've had no problem finally watching Arrested Development on it.
Been watching Firefly and its really bad.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Cam-Dog Offline
Very Nearly Nicknamed Cumpuppy

Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.Cam-Dog has proven to be a well liked and respected member of the ship.

Try other shows, Firefly is a bit older maybe its poorer quality.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Jitterbug Offline
Co-Captain of Talkingship

Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!Jitterbug has acheived the ultimate rep rank!  Congratulations on being universally loved in the Talkingship Forums!

You won't get the deep blacks on a high quality set. However, they recently added HD capabilities here in the US and that makes a BIG difference. However, everything is dependent upon your connection.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Cobberwebb Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
You won't get the deep blacks on a high quality set. However, they recently added HD capabilities here in the US and that makes a BIG difference. However, everything is dependent upon your connection.
I have a 30Mb connection so it should be fine and there is a little HD symbol showing. I'll look for something newer and see how it is.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
MarksmanShrimp Offline

MarksmanShrimp is completely neutral

I'm amazed that i can stream some things in HD when my connection's less than 2Mb
Old 01-16-2012, 07:15 AM
djdsf Offline
Community Manager

djdsf has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to djdsf Send a message via Yahoo to djdsf Send a message via Skype™ to djdsf

Dude, The HD logo is crap, you can get the HD logo with a 1 MB connection. Don't expect too much from the service, it works for watching movies, if you want real HD buy the DVD. Also, you can't dload anything, just stream, and I would guess that they are doing that crap on purpose for you guys due to the streaming all the way from the US as well as you not ripping the movies.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 PM
MystiMayhem Offline
n00b

MystiMayhem is completely neutral
Send a message via Skype™ to MystiMayhem

I used to have a ton of problems with the quality of movies but it's gotten a lot better. Hopefully they're just ironing things out there. It's the XBOX app and the ability to watch movies on my phone that keep me on their customer list. It could get really shitty and I'd still be paying.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Farva Offline
I'M NOT GONNA LIE TO YOU

Farva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forumsFarva is on the way to becoming a legendary member of the forums

Quit bitching you Limey Bastard. We're trying to make the world America. It starts with getting you to accept services that a cool, but lacking. Pretty soon you'll be enjoying episodes of The Office with a Big Mac in one hand and your cock in the other. It's imperialism for the 21st century.