Talkingship Forums

Talkingship Forums (http://talkingship.com/forums/index.php)
-   Television Shows (http://talkingship.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   "V" (http://talkingship.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336)

Jitterbug 03-28-2010 07:21 PM

"V"

I am stoked to start watching "V" again. I watched the recap episode and it just got me all geeked out again. I am really loving that show.

PaganNinja 03-28-2010 09:25 PM

I haven't seen any of the episodes but the show sounds interesting. If i jumped in at this point would it be easy to understand whats going on or should i wait for the dvds.

Jitterbug 03-28-2010 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaganNinja (Post 1157)
I haven't seen any of the episodes but the show sounds interesting. If i jumped in at this point would it be easy to understand whats going on or should i wait for the dvds.

The aliens came to Earth in giant ships that hovered over all the major cities in the world. They said they wanted to have good relations with our planet, and were here to use some of our natural resources. In trade, they would give us a lot of technological advancements, especially in medicine.

However, they are lizard people that are secretly here to wipe us out. A few humans and a few traitor "V"s are trying to build a resistance called 'The Fifth Column.'

There. Enjoy the show!!

BlinkinCard41 03-28-2010 10:49 PM

I started watching it a few months ago right after it had first aired. I really wanted to like it but I couldn't get through the first hour. It just came off as really goofy to me and seemed really predictable. Maybe I'll try watching it again some time and hopefully I'll enjoy it.

Grantly 03-29-2010 08:32 PM

I've been meaning to watch this. It's got Morena Baccarin in it, and I love her from Firefly.

Fisherman 03-29-2010 11:52 PM

This is going to be one of those shows I wait for the entire season to finish, and then Hulu/ABC.com/however I can get it digitally the fuck out of it in a weekend. That's gonna be a fun weekend.

Farva 03-30-2010 03:04 AM

I used to watch the old show when I was a kid. The damn lizards scared the shit out of me. I still have memories of a guy getting half his face ripped off and there being a lizard behind his "skin". It still creeps me out. I don't know if it's childhood trauma, or if i'm just a blazing pussy, but I've not found time to check this one out yet. I think if I can find a way to Hulu or watch all of the opening episodes in one shot, I'll knock them out.

Fisherman 03-30-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farva (Post 1498)
I used to watch the old show when I was a kid. The damn lizards scared the shit out of me. I still have memories of a guy getting half his face ripped off and there being a lizard behind his "skin". It still creeps me out. I don't know if it's childhood trauma, or if i'm just a blazing pussy, but I've not found time to check this one out yet. I think if I can find a way to Hulu or watch all of the opening episodes in one shot, I'll knock them out.

I think they're all still up on ABC.com, but I'm not sure how long that will last.

Farva 03-31-2010 12:25 PM

The first four episodes are on Hulu. I'm a jackass for not looking. I'll check them out later tonight.

Jitterbug 03-31-2010 03:43 PM

So - I watched the newest episode, and it was good. But fuck - 'V', why don't you try building a God Damn set instead of putting every scene on the mothership in a green room? It looks like ass every time they are on the ship. I've seen videogames that look more realistic then this! It's like watching Command and Conquer cg movies!!!