Talkingship Forums

Talkingship Forums (http://talkingship.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Bridge (http://talkingship.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I like Netflix but..... (http://talkingship.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4143)

Cobberwebb 01-14-2012 09:47 AM

I like Netflix but.....

So we in the UK now have Netflix which is great, I've had to listen to you in the US chatter on about this service for far too long.
One problem though. Whether it's on the PC or the xbox I find that blacks are not black, they are grey. The contrast is way too low and its not me or my equipment. It's like watching a movie/TV show through a fog. There is no option to download the movie to watch later or make a list of 'to watch' for later on.
I do like the service but improvements can be made.

MarksmanShrimp 01-14-2012 03:51 PM

I've experienced the same issue, but it's not happening every time i use it, it seems to be only when i watch films, as I've had no problem finally watching Arrested Development on it.

Cobberwebb 01-14-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarksmanShrimp (Post 21789)
I've experienced the same issue, but it's not happening every time i use it, it seems to be only when i watch films, as I've had no problem finally watching Arrested Development on it.

Been watching Firefly and its really bad.

Cam-Dog 01-15-2012 12:51 AM

Try other shows, Firefly is a bit older maybe its poorer quality.

Jitterbug 01-15-2012 01:55 AM

You won't get the deep blacks on a high quality set. However, they recently added HD capabilities here in the US and that makes a BIG difference. However, everything is dependent upon your connection.

Cobberwebb 01-15-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jitterbug (Post 21792)
You won't get the deep blacks on a high quality set. However, they recently added HD capabilities here in the US and that makes a BIG difference. However, everything is dependent upon your connection.

I have a 30Mb connection so it should be fine and there is a little HD symbol showing. I'll look for something newer and see how it is.

MarksmanShrimp 01-15-2012 03:18 PM

I'm amazed that i can stream some things in HD when my connection's less than 2Mb

djdsf 01-16-2012 07:15 AM

Dude, The HD logo is crap, you can get the HD logo with a 1 MB connection. Don't expect too much from the service, it works for watching movies, if you want real HD buy the DVD. Also, you can't dload anything, just stream, and I would guess that they are doing that crap on purpose for you guys due to the streaming all the way from the US as well as you not ripping the movies.

MystiMayhem 01-17-2012 04:47 PM

I used to have a ton of problems with the quality of movies but it's gotten a lot better. Hopefully they're just ironing things out there. It's the XBOX app and the ability to watch movies on my phone that keep me on their customer list. It could get really shitty and I'd still be paying.

Farva 01-20-2012 04:13 PM

Quit bitching you Limey Bastard. We're trying to make the world America. It starts with getting you to accept services that a cool, but lacking. Pretty soon you'll be enjoying episodes of The Office with a Big Mac in one hand and your cock in the other. It's imperialism for the 21st century.