Talkingship Forums

Talkingship Forums (http://talkingship.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Bridge (http://talkingship.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introduction thread (http://talkingship.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179)

RobT 03-26-2010 05:15 PM

Introduction thread
 
Thanks to Jitterbug for the opportunity to help test out the forums, I've been a listener to the podcast and lurker on the site for a looong time now and it's awesome to see it all grown up.

If you give a shit, i'll introduce myself. My name's Rob, from the UK and I like titties.

PS. if it wasn't for Talking Ship i'd have never heard of Explosions in the Sky, or Black Dynamite, so I owe you mother fuckers big time.

Jitterbug 03-26-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobT (Post 311)
Thanks to Jitterbug for the opportunity to help test out the forums, I've been a listener to the podcast and lurker on the site for a looong time now and it's awesome to see it all grown up.

If you give a shit, i'll introduce myself. My name's Rob, from the UK and I like titties.

PS. if it wasn't for Talking Ship i'd have never heard of Explosions in the Sky, or Black Dynamite, so I owe you mother fuckers big time.

Awesome! Thanks, Rob. If all I ever do is spread awareness of Black Dynamite, I'll feel like I had a pretty damn good life!

djdsf 03-26-2010 05:23 PM

I highjacked your thread and made it the official intro thread.

muttonchop 03-26-2010 05:24 PM

Welcome to the ship Rob, I'll be one of your crewbies, The MuttonChop. We all hope that you enjoy your time here.

Enjoy!

RobT 03-26-2010 05:35 PM

Sheeiit, I've been on the boat five minutes and damn pirates already hijacked the sucker! ;)

JB, I heard The Birth and Death of Day as your soundsystem whilst flying from London to Vegas, I'd saved 6 damn shows up for the flight. When that track came on it blew my f'king mind! I rewound it about 4 times straight.

I know you love discovering new bands so I'll try to suggest some stuff from the UK, it's hard to tell what's made it over the pond though so apologies if I suggest something obvious.

So right there's this band from Liverpool called The Beatles yeah?... ;)

Jitterbug 03-26-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobT (Post 321)
Sheeiit, I've been on the boat five minutes and damn pirates already hijacked the sucker! ;)

JB, I heard The Birth and Death of Day as your soundsystem whilst flying from London to Vegas, I'd saved 6 damn shows up for the flight. When that track came on it blew my f'king mind! I rewound it about 4 times straight.

I know you love discovering new bands so I'll try to suggest some stuff from the UK, it's hard to tell what's made it over the pond though so apologies if I suggest something obvious.

So right there's this band from Liverpool called The Beatles yeah?... ;)

Never heard of them.

Cam-Dog 03-26-2010 05:46 PM

Yeah welcome Rob! I hope you stick around the forums.

RobT 03-26-2010 05:48 PM

Yeah, I doubt they'll ever amount to anything.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll go check out the other sections

UndeadDoG 03-26-2010 06:41 PM

Hey guys! I'm a first time listener. I just downloaded your podcast and when I finished listening, my pants were on backwards and my asshole was bleeding.

I'm not sure how well I'll fit in around here. I hate Jimmy Stewart. I mean ultra-violent skull fucking rage pours out of my soul when I watch him standing on the bridge trying to get up the nerve to jump. Just do it, Jimmy. Just jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jitterbug 03-26-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndeadDoG (Post 363)
Hey guys! I'm a first time listener. I just downloaded your podcast and when I finished listening, my pants were on backwards and my asshole was bleeding.

I'm not sure how well I'll fit in around here. I hate Jimmy Stewart. I mean ultra-violent skull fucking rage pours out of my soul when I watch him standing on the bridge trying to get up the nerve to jump. Just do it, Jimmy. Just jump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quite possibly the most disturbing post I've ever read in my entire life.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.