PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for stuff to be added

djdsf
03-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Have something you think should be added to the forums? Well name it here, if it can be done, we will try to do it, do note there are always limitations with stuff not working with the version of VB we have or working with our theme, but if it can be done, just it will most likelly will.

Aside from that, all complains go on the other thread.

Fisherman
03-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Is there a mobile version of the forums? What would it take to add one?

Jitterbug
03-26-2010, 09:19 AM

I'm pretty sure Pisco made that happen. Have to ask him though.

Choopy
03-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Should there be a link back to the regular site, or should i just make the forum link open in a new window?

Cam-Dog
03-26-2010, 02:25 PM
Is there an option to put all the avatars and poster stats on the right side (ala SG again)?
I only say this because its easier to read posts if they are closer to each other.

Jitterbug
03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Should there be a link back to the regular site, or should i just make the forum link open in a new window?

Good question. I think the best bet is to have it open in a new window, but even still, we should put a link to the site somewhere on here.

Jitterbug
03-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Is there an option to put all the avatars and poster stats on the right side (ala SG again)?
I only say this because its easier to read posts if they are closer to each other.

I don't think there is, but Pisco might now differently. He'll be back on later tonight.

Cam-Dog
03-26-2010, 02:27 PM
If theres an way to have it open a new tab rather than a window thats even better.

Cam-Dog
03-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Why dont you just do it Jitterbug... nickname me Cumpuppy.
Or maybe anything else.

Jitterbug
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Or maybe anything else.

lol, are you actually ASKING to be called cumpuppy?

djdsf
03-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Or maybe anything else.

lol, are you actually ASKING to be called cumpuppy?

Too fucking late, I'm changing his forum name right now.

djdsf
03-26-2010, 04:51 PM

I don't think there is, but Pisco might now differently. He'll be back on later tonight.

Can't do it because of the theme, is not an option I can toggle on or off, is an option that is hard wired to the design of the forum. You are just gonna have to live with it or we can all start asking for donations to buy a new theme which are not at all cheap.

djdsf
03-26-2010, 04:53 PM

Good question. I think the best bet is to have it open in a new window, but even still, we should put a link to the site somewhere on here.

If theres an way to have it open a new tab rather than a window thats even better.

"New Window" means new tab (if your browser is smart enough to support it) there is a link on the very bottom, so you might need to make it jump to a new tab on the mean time while we figure out how to add settings to the top buttons.

djdsf
03-26-2010, 04:54 PM

Mobile forums will be added later, but in reality most plug ins are just there to allow you to see the forum but not post in it, if your phone does not support html, then it might be time to get a new phone just saying.

PS: Verizon has some sweet deals on the droid right now. (which is better than the stupid iPhone)

muttonchop
03-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Okay, just throwing this out there. This is the Talkingship forums. Talkingship is a podcast about 4 things. In the forums, 3 of those 4 things are represented. We have a Movie section, Music section, Game section... where's the beer section?

Knowing my luck, someone's already pointed this out, I missed the post, and it's already in the works, but if it isn't, that is what I'd like to suggest be added.

Section name is beer, you can then break it down to types of beer, ie: Lager's, Pilsener, so on and so forth. Hell, have a section for homebrewing, get the community members sharing tips if they know about that sort of thing.

Anyway, that's all, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Jitterbug
03-27-2010, 09:32 AM
Okay, just throwing this out there. This is the Talkingship forums. Talkingship is a podcast about 4 things. In the forums, 3 of those 4 things are represented. We have a Movie section, Music section, Game section... where's the beer section?

Knowing my luck, someone's already pointed this out, I missed the post, and it's already in the works, but if it isn't, that is what I'd like to suggest be added.

Section name is beer, you can then break it down to types of beer, ie: Lager's, Pilsener, so on and so forth. Hell, have a section for homebrewing, get the community members sharing tips if they know about that sort of thing.

Anyway, that's all, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Awesome point. We really need to add that in. I'll get with Pisco and get it done soon.

Cam-Dog
03-27-2010, 08:29 PM
The maybe 360 PS3 and wii sections should be renamed Microsoft Sony and Nintendo, to cover handhelds as well.

djdsf
03-27-2010, 08:34 PM
The maybe 360 PS3 and wii sections should be renamed Microsoft Sony and Nintendo, to cover handhelds as well.

Adding a "Handheld" thread because A) Microsoft does not have a handheld system and B) is less work for me since I'm still looking for the BBcode for the other thread

Cam-Dog
03-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Fair enough.

Cam-Dog
03-27-2010, 08:44 PM
How about a forum section for just us crewbies so we can keep in contact easier rather than having to use the long email set up.

djdsf
03-27-2010, 09:22 PM
How about a forum section for just us crewbies so we can keep in contact easier rather than having to use the long email set up.

Yah, someone already mentioned that, I actually need to make the secondary rank and then make the thread, give me a sec, I'm making an image for the new BB tag I'm adding.

Deadpool
03-28-2010, 07:13 AM
I have a question. Would it be possible to make another section at the very bottom for these threads? Like...a Suggestions/Forum Features section. That way, the Bridge isn't cluttered up with people bitching about the site and we could have a more dedicated way of fixing/improving it. Then we can move these threads over there and everyone is happy.

Jitterbug
03-28-2010, 07:16 AM
I have a question. Would it be possible to make another section at the very bottom for these threads? Like...a Suggestions/Forum Features section. That way, the Bridge isn't cluttered up with people bitching about the site and we could have a more dedicated way of fixing/improving it. Then we can move these threads over there and everyone is happy.

Not a bad idea.

Choopy
03-28-2010, 06:36 PM
How should we go about adding new categories and forums?
Should we just add as we feel? Make suggestions to be voted on? Send requests to someone in particular to add them?
Here are ideas I have.
Music- Covers, playlist/mood, maybe some kind of interactive thread (link 3 songs, guess the theme), B-Sides, deep cuts...

Deadpool
03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Ok. Here's a thought. [CODE] tags so we don't have to put spaces in them to demonstrate.

Like...instead of this: [IM G] jfdbekgbd [/IM G]
We can post it as is inside of a [CODE] tag and it will just show the code.

Jitterbug
03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
How should we go about adding new categories and forums?
Should we just add as we feel? Make suggestions to be voted on? Send requests to someone in particular to add them?
Here are ideas I have.
Music- Covers, playlist/mood, maybe some kind of interactive thread (link 3 songs, guess the theme), B-Sides, deep cuts...

Send all ideas for new forum folders to me in an email for now.

Cam-Dog
03-28-2010, 07:22 PM
I think we should hold off on making more forum sections If we have to many members will stop looking at some, it dilutes the conversation.

Cam-Dog
03-28-2010, 08:07 PM
How about a few more ticker thing(dont know what they are called) to go on the left side of the main forum page. with the top ten of these. Examples: most resent posts, highest post counts, newest members, and busiest threads.

djdsf
03-28-2010, 08:32 PM
How about a few more ticker thing(dont know what they are called) to go on the left side of the main forum page. with the top ten of these. Examples: most resent posts, highest post counts, newest members, and busiest threads.

Newest member is already there, regarding adding more, you might wanna talk to choppy, he has some crazy good knowledge of how to make things work.

Maximus
03-29-2010, 05:41 AM
Yep, this place I have a feeling is about to take-off. This should be interesting.

Deadpool
03-31-2010, 07:27 PM
So what's the deal with that support section where all of these threads are meant to go? ;)

daCooksta
03-31-2010, 08:20 PM
how about a Comics section? It just feels necessary with the music/movies/etc. categories.

Deadpool
04-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Could we add tags? (strikethrough where a line goes through the words between the and the )

RobT
04-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Gadgets / Tech section

Some some place to talk about all the crazy crap I buy, just because it either has a Blue blinking LED... or if it has a fucking Apple logo on it.

That and a place where people can ask about tech shit, I'm a geek by trade so I can help out with any kind of Mac/Windows problems... pubic lice though... I'll let some other poor motherfucker deal with THAT

daCooksta
04-03-2010, 08:05 PM
So...
Jitterbug? Any response at all for our suggestions?

Oh, and make Shane a mod. We might as well get that started over here as well. XD

Cam-Dog
04-04-2010, 12:23 AM
I'd like to have transparent avatars and the default avatar size adds a grey bar above everyones avatar did I mention avatars?

daCooksta
04-04-2010, 12:29 AM
How about moderator/admin tags for the mods?

egg651
04-05-2010, 02:41 AM
A mobile style (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/search.php?searchid=15330573) so we can access the ship from anywhere?

Matt_the_Hed
04-05-2010, 07:41 AM
I would really love to see a mobile a version, I live and die by my phone.

Matt_the_Hed
04-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Or is there a iPhone app for interacting with forums?

Matt_the_Hed
04-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Hey kinda answered my own question. There is an iPhone app called (very cleverly) "Forums". Costs $2.00.

daCooksta
04-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Hey kinda answered my own question. There is an iPhone app called (very cleverly) "Forums". Costs $2.00.

Is it worth it?

Matt_the_Hed
04-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Seems to work well with the forums but dosen't do everything like private messages or let you look at individual profiles.

Choopy
04-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Admin and mods now have a different look....
Let me know if it the * and # is too much
The pink stays!

BlinkinCard41
04-05-2010, 11:25 AM
The blue for the admins doesn't seem to fit well on this background. It hurts my eyes a little to look at it. The mod color is fine, though.

Jitterbug
04-05-2010, 11:30 AM
The blue for the admins doesn't seem to fit well on this background. It hurts my eyes a little to look at it. The mod color is fine, though.

Agreed. I think everyone should be the same color, and the Dark Blue is tough on the eyes. If I were to be forced to choose between Blue and Pink, I'd go pink, but I hope there are some other options. Try to find a color that isn't so hard on the eyes.

Choopy
04-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Agreed. I think everyone should be the same color, and the Dark Blue is tough on the eyes. If I were to be forced to choose between Blue and Pink, I'd go pink, but I hope there are some other options. Try to find a color that isn't so hard on the eyes.

Everyone as in everyone? Or everyone as in admin and mods?

daCooksta
04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Is Pink the Mod color and Dark Blue the admin color?

Cheese
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Yes it is.

Also, I can't see the difference in features between the iPod version of the forums and the main version. I'm not using any special apps either. Wouldn't think an iPod would be that different to an iPhone.

daCooksta
04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Yes it is.

Also, I can't see the difference in features between the iPod version of the forums and the main version. I'm not using any special apps either. Wouldn't think an iPod would be that different to an iPhone.

He may have just been looking for a more convenient way of foruming, i browse from my iPod Touch without issue.

Cam-Dog
04-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Hey I'm color blind so the Pink is really hard to see.

Cam-Dog
04-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Yeah thanks for making them smaller and poundsignless the large text was kinda tacky.

Choopy
04-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey I'm color blind so the Pink is really hard to see.

I don't see an EOE sign anywhere.....

(I'll fix that, what color do you want?)

Cam-Dog
04-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Yeah it just hard for me to see on the dark gray background.
Umm I dont know some color ship related maybe the Gold color like the text in the banner. Or white or yellow.

daCooksta
04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
Is there no way to just give Mods/Admins badges like on other forums? That may be another option.

djdsf
04-07-2010, 03:45 PM

Yeah it just hard for me to see on the dark gray background.
Umm I dont know some color ship related maybe the Gold color like the text in the banner. Or white or yellow.

Make it grey. lol

Is there no way to just give Mods/Admins badges like on other forums? That may be another option.

That is actually in the works.

Niyon
04-19-2010, 09:59 AM
How about a submittals area of the forums, to allow us to post stuff that we think belongs on the Talkingship front page

Because where else would be the best way to show you guys this:
Wj5lrGc8eE8

Jitterbug
04-19-2010, 10:10 AM
How about a submittals area of the forums, to allow us to post stuff that we think belongs on the Talkingship front page

I think I remember someone talking about this a while back. About a Youtube thread. Not a bad thought.

Shaha44
04-21-2010, 02:24 AM
I have mentioned this in another thread, but can we please access our profiles by clicking on our profile name? PLEASE!? Here is a pic of what I mean, follow the very obvious red arrow.

http://www.talkingship.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=16

djdsf
04-21-2010, 05:37 AM
I have mentioned this in another thread, but can we please access our profiles by clicking on our profile name? PLEASE!? Here is a pic of what I mean, follow the very obvious red arrow.

http://www.talkingship.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=5&pictureid=16

your pic is not working, but aside from that, I have that ability, you don't? I'll look into that now.

Shaha44
04-21-2010, 12:13 PM
your pic is not working, but aside from that, I have that ability, you don't? I'll look into that now.

Thanks, dj. Thats wierd, the pic is showing up for me. If you really want to look at it, the pic is under my albums of my profile.

djdsf
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Thanks, dj. Thats wierd, the pic is showing up for me. If you really want to look at it, the pic is under my albums of my profile.

Ok, I see what name you mean, not completely sure how to get that one done, but I'll look into it.

Shaha44
04-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Awesome! Thanks much, appreciate it.

Cam-Dog
04-21-2010, 09:42 PM
The link bars at the top of the webpage needs to be cleaned up there are 2 user cps and the home button should link to the TS front page with another button linking to the top of the forums. Also the Arcade needs a cooler more awesome button.

Shaha44
04-27-2010, 01:34 PM
@Djdsf I see you changed the above complaint. Thanks much! Much easier to get to my profile now.

Brandonpop
07-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Hey I'm the new guy here but a long time listener and always loved the Sound System segment but I always had to rewind to find the sound again, looking at the forums I see that Djdsf has done a great job with a recap of each episode. My suggestion would be to do a link dump of each item such as a youtube link to a song or a link to the beers? Maybe this is me, but I'm a pretty lazy guy hahahaha

Cobberwebb
11-16-2011, 08:21 PM
A 'General discussions' section in Movies and TV. Was a little surprised there wasn't one.

Zombellic
12-22-2011, 06:56 AM
More podcasts.
I understand that there are a few homeless shows out there.

rasenganking
01-02-2012, 02:18 AM
I asked about this a long time ago but why don't we see about getting a TS app for phones and pads