PDA

View Full Version : User Blogs

Choopy
04-26-2010, 02:40 AM
I just finished upgrading FTG to vB Publisher suite.

It's not fully polished yet, but it's something to consider. It allows a WordPress type of CMS (for posting the videos) and a blog section.
This might be something to consider, granted it will cost another $100, but it would be a nice way to integrate the front page with the forums and allow a lot more features for the staff.

The problems I'm having on FTG wouldn't be an issue here since there is no WP front end.

Not that I discussed this with the Captains, but my plan was to overhaul the site with a WP CMS anyway. This would simplify (for me at least since it's not my Benjamin) the whole thing. Also, it would (if compatible) integrate the look of the forum thought the site.

You would gain some SEO benefits as well to help grow the site. The current front end has zero.

Something to consider.

daCooksta
04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Would this be blogs a la SG for the members to use, or would it be an implementation of WP and the fourm a la frontforwardsGamer (or w/e it is?)?

djdsf
04-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Think somewhat of a mix of both

Choopy
04-26-2010, 02:19 PM
If it does go this way, we can bypass WP altogether. The pub suite has all of the same tools, just not the huge development community for add ons.

Cam-Dog
04-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Humm If it makes things better and easier for you Choopy do it.