PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day

Lokela
04-11-2010, 08:18 PM
I think I'll just go ahead and leave this little linky right here: http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

Remember kids, the first one is free, every one after that you'll have to pay for. :cool1:

Jitterbug
04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
WOOT - May 1st!! Can't Wait.

Nerves
04-11-2010, 09:57 PM
May 1st! I got introduced to Atomic Robo at last years

daCooksta
04-12-2010, 09:28 AM
I got Blackest Night 0 at last year's, perhaps this year I'll get Brightest Day 1 (if it's out).

Fisherman
04-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah, it's coming up! One of the best days of the year.

Quinstar
04-12-2010, 11:47 AM
This is exciting news.

El Mariachi
04-13-2010, 09:15 AM
awesome

daCooksta
04-13-2010, 09:21 AM
Adjectives!

Grantly
04-13-2010, 12:17 PM
This would be so awesome if there was a comic book store anywhere near here.

MrSoft
04-14-2010, 12:46 PM
This would be so awesome if there was a comic book store anywhere near here.

Seconded :(

daCooksta
04-16-2010, 12:26 AM
So, it turns out Brightest Day 0 came out yesterday, so I guess I'll get Siege 4 or something instead. Heck, I'll end up buying a ton of books regardless, so who cares which one is free?

Lokela
05-02-2010, 05:48 PM
So, who all made away with some good comics on Saturday (free comic book day)??

I didn't do so well, due to my poor planing. I have a habit of wearing my "Han shot first" t-shirt on Saturdays, and yesterday was no exception. So, right when I walked in I was the received several evil eyes and sneers. And I thought, what the hell is their problem?? Then I looked down at my shirt and realized what I was wearing. Anywho, the place was packed, no only with comic book shoppers but with a slew of D&D players. The shop had about ten comic book writers and artists lined along the walls (where the majority of the comics were) signing autographs. It was cool, and it sucked at the same time. Coo because people cool talk them and such, and it sucked because they WERE BLOCKING THE FREAKIN' COMIC BOOKS! So, after twenty minutes of rubbing elbows with nerds and geeks alike, I left the joint empty handed. Oh well, I'll head back there Thursday to pick up what I was looking for.

While my Star Wars shirt caused me a little bit of grief, it also was the source of great enjoyment. While I was at the comic book shop, one of the writers assistant/girlfriend/wife (I couldn't tell), spotted me from across the store and yelled for me to come over. I was a little nervous at first, because I was bracing for a Star Wars argument. It turns out, though, they had a shirt they were selling that had a picture of Jesus and Han Solo on it. The shirt read, "Jesus was a carpenter." "I know, so was Harrison Ford."

Jitterbug
05-02-2010, 05:54 PM
I brought my wife and daughter so that I could get even more free comics then normal! EVIL LAUGHTER!!!!

MrSoft
05-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Curse my comic store isolation! This would have been a perfect opportunity to take my 1st steps into the wonderful world of comics. I still plan to visit my nearest purveyor of pictured print once I've found my way back to civilisation.

Fisherman
05-08-2010, 01:39 AM
You guys should really check out my post on the front page (http://www.talkingship.com/) (it's around the fourth one down now) for some crazy happenings on Free Comic Book Day. Anyway, I made off with a couple Iron Man comics and a Superman one, which were pretty good, but I got there late so that was all that was left. Also purchased and Ultimates Origins tradebook to support the local shop while I was there.