PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Magic Deck

Jitterbug
04-11-2010, 10:19 AM
I admit it. I'm a Magic the Gathering geek. I have a ton of cards and I would have a hell of a lot more if I had kept all the ones I had when I was a teenager. There's just something about putting a deck together that gets me going. Which brings me to the topic of this thread... What is your best Magic Deck?

I've got a couple. The best one is a Sliver deck. It is damn near unbeatable, and absolutely NO FUN to play against, so I rarely ever play it. These creatures were simply too powerful.

The deck's I like to play the most are a White Soldier deck, a White Cleric deck, a Black Zombie deck, and a Red/Green Beast deck. My Blue Wizard deck ain't half bad either.

Niyon
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I can attest to slivers being no fun to play against. My friend made one that was pretty much unbeatable (but he didn't have a couple of the real pain in the ass ones like other people would use).

As for my decks, I never really had great success with any of them. Probably, funny enough, the best one I had made was a red deck that I started with the 9th Ed starter, and then grabbed some 9th Ed boosters (along with the same cards from previous editions) and made a decent deck out of it. Had some direct damage, and some goblins, but didn't focus on either.

Abrahamm Lincoln
04-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I to have a Sliver deck that is the worst to play against and is no fun even to play anymore. Recently I've been rolling with a 10th edition Vampire deck that has been kicking ass but I'd have to say right now my best deck is an artifact deck I made with some cards that make people rage hard. Also have a pimped out White Soldier deck as well.

Nerves
04-11-2010, 04:17 PM
My killer is my Phage the Untouchable deck. I have that bad boy tunes in to win in 3 turns if my draws are good to start. I have done it probably 3 times. My other one, that I actually sold for $75 was a red green Berserk deck that I used to play in high school. It was FUN to play and play against. Lots of variety and surprises with very little direct damage.

Nipples
04-13-2010, 09:33 PM
One of my meanest decks was dubbed the "Dark Savage" as I had two similar decks that I mainly played with. One was a black/green evil bastard that would throw you off and suck you dry. The other was the real savage and nothing but pure green. Within 5 rounds I would have some evil and big things out there and no way to stop them as I would fog the hell out of the place. By the time I would attack I would normally hit you with an average total of 50/50.

I remember once landing an overall attack of 85/85 +trample. The guy I was playing against was one mana short of a Wrath-O-God and he was pissed (should of saved that mana).

Choopy
04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I used to love kicking Nerves' ass with my black red dragon/vampire deck. That was fun til he found counterspells....

I played online for quite awhile. I really loved playing the Emperor variant. I had a killer Emp deck there.

blackcat0158
04-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I used to have a horrible, nasty blue deck that should I draw the correct cards, I could win in 2-3 turns. Sadly, these were stolen out of my locker in grade 8. I've only just been getting back into magic, and don't have anything to significant.

Abrahamm Lincoln
04-25-2010, 09:42 PM
I recently bought the Duel Decks with Phyrexia VS The Coalition and those decks are alot of fun to play.

Jitterbug
04-27-2010, 11:51 AM
I have a Modular Artifact creature deck that people hate to play against.

El Mariachi
04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
I hated Magic. Never got into it.

Abrahamm Lincoln
06-04-2010, 06:07 AM
I built an all artifact deck with some cards that make it so all players can play only 1 non artifiact card a turn, and i get put any artifiact from my hand into play for lke 2 mana it is awesome.

Xgamr
06-04-2010, 06:47 AM
right now an Eldrazi green deck (before the RoTE set) but now im deciding whether to ditch it and build something else or add Eldrazi stuff in. i'm more focused on Yugioh since more at my school plays it. the magic players died down so its like only 4 compared to 8.

Jitterbug
06-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I have a modular artifact deck that is a beast. I LOVE to play it, but people HATE to play against it.

Abrahamm Lincoln
06-04-2010, 01:55 PM
I played in a draft tournament last weekend and I made a hillariously awesome blue/black deck, and kept stealing my oppenents Lighthouse Chronologist, 2 turns everytime = win lol.

Abrahamm Lincoln
07-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Anyone excited for the M11 set, hopefully gonna pick a bunch up today.