PDA

View Full Version : Have You Played D&D?

Jitterbug
04-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I want to know how many of us dorks are crowding up this ship. How many of you have played Dungeons and Dragons? I'm talking about the tabletop game, not the videogame.

Niyon
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Yep, started playing in high school. That is part of the reason my handle is "Niyon"

Abrahamm Lincoln
04-11-2010, 11:09 AM
I played it once or twice and had a great time but alot of the D&D nerds have all moved away. I was struck by how much fun it really could be.

Fisherman
04-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I never have, but have always been interested. If things hadn't gotten so damned digital around here, I'm sure I would have given it a shot by now.

Quinstar
04-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Is that the one with the little statues?

Lokela
04-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Nope, never played it. I'm proud to say that I'm not a "high level" nerd. I'm basically a "bottom feeder" nerd.

Is that the one with the little statues?

Yeah, I think it is. (I would rather play with G.I. Joes than those little immovable statues.)

ColbyTS
04-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Sorry guys but I have never even seen the gameboard the only time I have even heard it mentioned was on the movie The Benchwarmers but that could have been the videogame. I have always wanted to try it out though...

Niyon
04-12-2010, 11:31 PM
I have always wanted to try it out though...

In all honesty, check out the new edition (the 4th Edition), it is a lot more noob-friendly and the players manual does a good job explaining the basics (and helps with using references to the D&D Mini's game).

Of course, the more classic D&D (3.5 and especially further back) is closer to what people reference. Because with the older editions, it would be tougher to have a decent character before level 5 at least.

BlinkinCard41
04-14-2010, 08:05 AM
I've tried playing it on several occasions, but the group that I was playing with seemed to all have ADD and couldn't keep their attention on the game long enough.

abadgolfer
04-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Ha, i like girls...so no I have not played D & D.

blackcat0158
04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Most of my recesses and lunch hours beginning in grade 4 and continuing through grade 7 were spent playing D&D.

Astro Nit
04-23-2010, 09:54 AM
I have, only quickly but it was better than I thought

Devette
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Ha, i like girls...so no I have not played D & D.

I know a girl that plays DnD! That being said... I understand. I've never played and probably never will... I don't think I could ever reach that level of nerd. Plus I like the instant gratification of shooting people via fps :p

Jitterbug
04-24-2010, 10:28 AM
I know a girl that plays DnD! That being said... I understand. I've never played and probably never will... I don't think I could ever reach that level of nerd. Plus I like the instant gratification of shooting people via fps :p

But on this level of nerd there's cake!

The cake is a lie.

Devette
04-26-2010, 12:53 PM
But there’s no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
And the Science gets done.
And you make a neat gun.
For the people who are still alive.

r0per
05-06-2010, 01:01 PM
played D & D many nights and for really long periods of time. There are several ways to do D & D games online now. I have been looking at them but have not made a decision or tried to get anyone interested in a D & D game online.

Would anyone be interested in an online D & D game?

Farva
05-08-2010, 08:56 AM
No, never. Didn't really know anyone that played it that I wanted to be friends with. I then got into Fantasy Football which is basiclly the same thing, but for jocks who're "too cool" to imagine being an Dark Orc Sorcerer from Mythos, the land of baby dragons. Well that, and my parents are very religious people who wouldn't let me. (I know, I know.)

I'd love to give it a try, but I don't know anyone who plays. Maybe Jitterbug and Nerves can teach me over a brew sometime this summer. "Roll For Initiative, Drink for the Dice!"

DavGxyz
05-22-2010, 01:35 PM
No, I've never played D&D. To be honest I don't know anyone who does play. When I was much younger I knew some guys who said they played it. I found out though that all they did was sit around and smoke weed.

Wish they had told me that earlier, I might have joined them. :eek1:

Fisherman
05-22-2010, 01:54 PM
played D & D many nights and for really long periods of time. There are several ways to do D & D games online now. I have been looking at them but have not made a decision or tried to get anyone interested in a D & D game online.

Would anyone be interested in an online D & D game?

Yeah man! If you'd take a dumb noob like me into the folds, I'd love to give it a shot. I'm sure you'd have some more takers from the TS community too.

sam33thomson
11-27-2010, 12:20 AM
I played D & D in high school, but not played it again yet.....
Now I would like to play it online, any one interested?

Devette
12-01-2011, 03:27 PM
okay, I am here to take back my previous posts. I have now officially played DnD. I'm pretty sure my DM hates me because by about half way through I lose all attention and start either talking to people outside the game or just zoning out. But the game is not half bad. I think I'm starting to understand what is going on. My DM has learned to make things interesting for me by describing "all the pretty colors" in exciting ways LOL. He's probably the only reason I am still playing. Long story short, if you can find a good DM, you should try playing DnD.

Cam-Dog
12-01-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't even know what a DM is...

Cobberwebb
12-02-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't think it's that big over here and I wasn't much of a geek at school (I had long greasy hair and listened to metal).

Zombellic
12-06-2011, 05:57 PM
I only every played a couple of games and we played it for giggles.
Our stories were farcical involving clubbing the land lord with a frying pan+3 to avoid paying rent or rude sentient shields that were scared of violence and stuff like that.

Knuckles
01-25-2012, 04:25 AM
I was thinking about playing D&D but I'm already a HUGE enough nerd. I don't need something else to prevent me from getting laid.

MarksmanShrimp
01-25-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't think it's that big over here and I wasn't much of a geek at school (I had long greasy hair and listened to metal).

Mmmm, I don't think it's anywhere close to being a big thing here, I've never known anyone who has actually played it who grew up here.

angelamack
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey this is an amazing fun game, still dint even try this...