PDA

View Full Version : What Negative Assumptions About Your Beliefs Drive You Crazy?

Matt_the_Hed
04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
What are some of the things that people assume about you because of what you believe or about your beliefs?

Jitterbug
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
That I am apathetic about my spirituality. Apathetic or lazy.

MrSoft
04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
People assume just cos I'm an Atheist that I have some sort of disdain for religion... what if I'd been a really tolerant person? They don't know I'm an ass hole they just assume and get lucky that I am. But I don't let it bother me too much, after all they are religious, I can't expect too much sense from them :rolleyes1:

Cam-Dog
04-08-2010, 11:25 PM
That I don't know the true value of life and family.

Natural Eraser
04-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Religious people think that just because I'm an atheist I hate all religion, which couldn't be more wrong. I respect all most every religion out there (with some exceptions like cults and such) I enjoy talking to people about their beliefs to learn more about them and why they believe in what they believe in. Which I believe this forum part should be about, not arguing about what's right or wrong, but to learn more.

Matt_the_Hed
04-09-2010, 07:43 AM
That I'm close-minded and a bigot.

NuclearNinja
04-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Whats pisses me off the most is that PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE ALL PRIESTS ARE PEDOPHILES! THAT PISSES ME OFF TO NO END. Yes, there was probably a few pedo priests, I'm not saying that is ok, thoes guys need to go to jail, but damnit a lot of people think all of them are. AREUIAHEFDUADSFADJIHADSFIHFADsOJDSFAIJFIUFDPInfg;o iuhdg
p cb fsju kbfgekge;jkfr;njsf <----me being pissed.

MrWooT
04-18-2010, 07:31 PM
That I am a terrorist just because I am a Muslim. -_- ignorant people piss me off.

muttonchop
04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
That I am an asshole just because I am Australian... wait...

muttonchop
04-25-2010, 06:28 AM
People assume just cos I'm an Atheist that I have some sort of disdain for religion... what if I'd been a really tolerant person? They don't know I'm an ass hole they just assume and get lucky that I am. But I don't let it bother me too much, after all they are religious, I can't expect too much sense from them :rolleyes1:
Maybe their god whispered in their ear and told them you were an asshole... or the voice inside their head did...

ColbyTS
08-03-2010, 10:34 PM
That I am a terrorist just because I am a Muslim. -_- ignorant people piss me off.

Man I don't know if you have heard episode 7 of the TS podcast but if you haven't you need to.
It was the news from the mainland where a muslim man was told by Ala(h?) his god to watch a Bruce Willis movie and walk the dog. Best Muslim story ever ever. Oh and he was naked when he walked the dog. HAH.

oh and for what it's worth I don't think you're a terrorist

ColbyTS
08-10-2010, 08:50 PM
System error!

did this place get hacked or something?

Cam-Dog
08-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Colby I'm sorry you had to see that. It was a spam bot, we get quite a few around here but usually there is a mod around like me to banish him.
And with a few button presses it is like he never existed. Other than your quote which I will also fix.

ColbyTS
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Colby I'm sorry you had to see that. It was a spam bot, we get quite a few around here but usually there is a mod around like me to banish him.
And with a few button presses it is like he never existed. Other than your quote which I will also fix.

Oh . . . thanks man, don't let it happen again