PDA

View Full Version : Red Dead Redemption - The Talkingship Posse

Fisherman
04-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Okay, I'm sold. Now the only question is - who wants to be in my posse?

3jgPSYtTFCI

Oleander4321
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
That looks fun, I don't usually like shooter's all that much, but the leveling rewards make it interesting. I don't know if you would want me on your posse though, I'm about Nerves' speed.

Farva
04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Sign me up. We'll round up some outlaws, or steal cattle....whatever. I'm definatly in for this game.

Lokela
04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
I want some posse! I want some posse! I'm pretty "stoked" for this game.

Jitterbug
04-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow, that just became a day one purchase for me. Yes - I'll posse up!

Fisherman
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Sounds like we've got four, and maybe a fifth. I get to be Billy Crystal.

Jitterbug
04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Sounds like we've got four, and maybe a fifth. I get to be Billy Crystal.

LOL - I have an unnatural love of City Slickers. Seriously - one of my favorite movies. Also, Curly's Gold can suck my taint berries.

Abrahamm Lincoln
04-08-2010, 05:33 PM
This looks fantastic, I didn't know it was being made by Rockstar which gives me alot of faith in it being a great game.

Fisherman
04-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow, that just became a day one purchase for me. Yes - I'll posse up!

I'll bet when you made me the Video Game Community Manager you had no idea that I would become your Video Game Financial Consultant. As such, my expert advice would be to expand your video game portfolio by spending more money on video games. And Video Game Community Management payroll.

Cam-Dog
04-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Wow this looks awesome but I'll need some of you to get it for the PS3 to be in my posse.

RobT
04-09-2010, 06:41 AM
This looks a bit good! I wasn't overly keen on the last one but looks like they've made massive strides with this one!

Fisherman
04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
This looks a bit good! I wasn't overly keen on the last one but looks like they've made massive strides with this one!

The only thing that would be better than rolling with a TS posse is having our exploits recorded and chopped into a spaghetti western. I could take a crack at the actual editing and maybe the storyboarding. What do you think, Rob?

Quinstar
04-09-2010, 08:15 AM
This game looks like tons of fun. I've been excited about it for awhile but that's the first I've seen of the multiplayer. Looks great. I'll most likely be getting this when it comes out.

Jitterbug
04-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Wow this looks awesome but I'll need some of you to get it for the PS3 to be in my posse.

Oh Cam-Dog. When o when are you going to go and buy a 360?!

Shaha44
04-09-2010, 01:26 PM
I pre-ordered this game about a month ago and cannot wait for it's release. I hardly ever pre-order games, but I am stoked for this one. BONER!!

Cam-Dog
04-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh Cam-Dog. When o when are you going to go and buy a 360?!

When I come across 300 extra dollars. :embarrassed:

Jitterbug
04-09-2010, 02:11 PM
When I come across 300 extra dollars. :embarrassed:

I know a job that can get you some quick cash! Blow Jobs!!

Lokela
04-09-2010, 05:53 PM

If I like it well enough on the 360, I'll get it for the PStripple too. Then we can double team that posse!

Nipples
04-10-2010, 03:19 AM
I was initially skeptical about this one as the first was not what I expected, yet now due to multi I am sooo interested.

I do love the quote "go on a gentle hunt" or whatever as there are a dozen men on horseback opening fire on the same beast.... :D

Natural Eraser
04-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Wow, this looks awesome. Im in!

Grantly
04-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I want this game more and more as they release more information. I'm definitely in.

Farva
04-10-2010, 02:34 PM
I want this game more and more as they release more information. I'm definitely in.

After all the times you shot/knifed me in the back during our TS Gamernight, I refuse to be in a posse with you. You, sir, are a horse-stealing, whore-loving, card-cheatin' varmit!

(This is an official notice that you and I are fueding until future notice.)

Fisherman
04-11-2010, 01:30 AM

After all the times you shot/knifed me in the back during our TS Gamernight, I refuse to be in a posse with you. You, sir, are a horse-stealing, whore-loving, card-cheatin' varmit!

(This is an official notice that you and I are fueding until future notice.)

First thing the posse is doing: Farva v. Grantly. Town square. High noon. Unless you're yella?

RobT
04-11-2010, 05:03 AM
The only thing that would be better than rolling with a TS posse is having our exploits recorded and chopped into a spaghetti western. I could take a crack at the actual editing and maybe the storyboarding. What do you think, Rob?

Haha sounds good, some of the crazy shit we'd get up to would be hilarious

Shaha44
04-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I wonder if Biff will make an appearance in this game, a la Back To the Future 3 style.

RobT
04-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm on a flying TRAIN Mother fucker take a look at me!

ColbyTS
04-12-2010, 10:21 PM
The first Red Dead was so bad ass man I cannot wait for this one to come out. The old Red Dead is like my favorite game I am buyin this on the first day fer sure and I will be in your posse Cam...

Nerves
04-13-2010, 06:43 AM
Them song should be Anthrax's Startin up a Posse from attack of the Killer b's. And not that dubbed put crappy version. This game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I may have to move some funds around for this game.

DEL
04-20-2010, 09:53 AM
I played the demo at PAX east and definatly want this game. Just a tiny bit worried because it seemed like GTA with the dead eye bullet time thingy added into it with a western skin. But hell yea, getting day one and if you got room left I'll posse up!

Fisherman
04-20-2010, 01:51 PM
I played the demo at PAX east and definatly want this game. Just a tiny bit worried because it seemed like GTA with the dead eye bullet time thingy added into it with a western skin. But hell yea, getting day one and if you got room left I'll posse up!

There's definitely room in the posse! Uh, probably. I have no idea what the party limitations of this game are. Maybe we'll have to split up into cowboys v. bandits.

Kariz
04-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I'll be picking this up day one. I've been interested in this game since it was revealed but this just sold me on it.

Jitterbug
04-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Nerves can head up the bandits. Yeah - there's an Ass Bandit joke waiting to happen.

Shaha44
04-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Just imagine the 'posse-bilities' with this game. See what I did there? /hifive

RobT
04-21-2010, 02:37 AM
Here's a good preview of a multiplayer press test

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_rdr_multiplayer-9204_en.html

Quinstar
05-07-2010, 08:08 AM
Amazon is offering a $20 game voucher and something called the "gold guns weapon pack" with the purchase of Red Dead Redemption right now. Not a bad deal when you consider you can get free shipping as well.

Fisherman
05-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Amazon is offering a $20 game voucher and something called the "gold guns weapon pack" with the purchase of Red Dead Redemption right now. Not a bad deal when you consider you can get free shipping as well.

I already had this thing pre-ordered from Amazon (with a $10 credit) when they increased the credit to $20. Sweetened the pot right up for me! Plus, Alan Wake comes out on the same day and comes with a $10 credit. Looks like Mario Galaxy 2 is gonna run me $20 with the $30 off. Oh, and that one comes with a $20 credit, too.

Let's just say I have a spreadsheet.

Fisherman
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
More Red Dead Trailerific Goodness for you, my friends:

m-t1QLFkynw

Qwaint
05-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Just preordered it for PS3 :cool1:

Quinstar
05-10-2010, 01:23 PM
OK... Who's buying this and for what platform. I'm trying to decide whether to get it for the PS3 or the 360 and I want to take advantage of the $20 rebate on Amazon...

Cam-Dog
05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I'll be getting it for the PS3 with the amazon 20 dollars off.

Fisherman
05-10-2010, 02:25 PM
360 for me, release day. The Saturday after release day I'll be hosting a TS gamernight with it, so keep that in mind.

Jitterbug
05-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Got it pre-ordered for the 360.

Lokela
05-11-2010, 08:04 AM
I am buying it for the 360 first. If I end up having a lot of fun with it, I'll get for the PS3 after a few weeks.

Quinstar
05-13-2010, 09:12 AM
So, I couldn't leave Camdog all alone on the PS3, cause that would be a bummer... and it is my girl, so I went with the PS3. I can always rent it for the 360 if need be, though I do prefer the more exclusive posse. ;)

Fisherman
05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I might get it for the PS3 too if I get a good deal on it. Come to think of it, it may be best to pull that trigger now, with the $20 Amazon credit ...

Shaha44
05-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I might get it for the PS3 too if I get a good deal on it. Come to think of it, it may be best to pull that trigger now, with the $20 Amazon credit ...

Dammit! There's a $20 credit from Amazon with this game? Too bad I already have my copy pre-ordered from Gamestop.

Fisherman
05-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Dammit! There's a $20 credit from Amazon with this game? Too bad I already have my copy pre-ordered from Gamestop.

It's not too late Shaha!

Shaha44
05-14-2010, 12:36 PM
It's not too late Shaha!

I am quite tempted to cancel my pre-order there, but I really would love to pick the game up right when Gamestop opens. Although it is a $20 Amazon credit. Decisions...

Quinstar
05-14-2010, 12:41 PM
I am quite tempted to cancel my pre-order there, but I really would love to pick the game up right when Gamestop opens. Although it is a $20 Amazon credit. Decisions...

They offer release day delivery as well.... a few hours is definitely worth $20.

Shaha44
05-14-2010, 12:44 PM
They offer release day delivery as well.... a few hours is definitely worth $20.

That is very true. I am gonna go investigate this internet site known as Amazon.

Lokela
05-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Man I can't wait 'til I play this game! I'll finally be able to use the phrase "f*ck you and the horse you rode in on" literally!

Qwaint
05-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Apparently, Red Dead Redemption gets exclusive content on PS3 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/red-dead-redemption-gets-exclusive-content-on-ps3/).

So yay on me and those who decided to get it on PS3.

A bit of a weird move (if these news are true), since this may be a console-deciding deal for some.

Cam-Dog
05-15-2010, 12:55 AM
I hope I get the 50 bucks I need before its released so I can get the 20 bucks.
Thanks for sticking with the PS3 Quinstar!

SaucedDave
05-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Definitely a day 1 buy on the 360, with the online I just can't choose the 360 version, even with the content.

Farva
05-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Definitely a day 1 buy on the 360, with the online I just can't choose the 360 version, even with the content.

I'm confused. Will I be shooting at you on my 360 or not?

SaucedDave
05-15-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm confused. Will I be shooting at you on my 360 or not?

That really was terribly written on my part, in my defense it was late and I was tired. Even with the extra content couldn't justify a PS3 purchase. You will definitely be shooting at/with me on the 360!

Farva
05-16-2010, 06:05 AM
That really was terribly written on my part, in my defense it was late and I was tired. Even with the extra content couldn't justify a PS3 purchase. You will definitely be shooting at/with me on the 360!

Excellent!

Grantly
05-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Got my copy today, but unfortunately my Xbox isn't back in yet. It's on the way though, and should be here by Thursday, so if anyone wants to get on I'll be good by the end of the week. Can't wait to play this!

Jitterbug
05-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Played it some today. Very cool game, but I reserve all judgement until I get a chance to play it some more. I'll say this for now, it looks utterly amazing. Someone could have convinced me that this was a game from a next gen system. Bad ass!

Fisherman
05-18-2010, 11:05 PM

You joining us for the gamernight on Saturday?

KumiKaze
05-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Played this game up quite a bit yesterday, and man is it sweet. Sure it's got some things that could have been better, but man is it fun.

I was a little disappointed initially with the multiplayer. I was hoping for a custom character created. Just running around my hub world for a while was actually pretty interesting though.

REGULATORS, MOUNT UP!!!

Fisherman
05-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Played this game up quite a bit yesterday, and man is it sweet. Sure it's got some things that could have been better, but man is it fun.

I was a little disappointed initially with the multiplayer. I was hoping for a custom character created. Just running around my hub world for a while was actually pretty interesting though.

REGULATORS, MOUNT UP!!!

I didn't play any multiplayer, but I hear you get more customization options as you progress through the leveling system.

KumiKaze
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I didn't play any multiplayer, but I hear you get more customization options as you progress through the leveling system.

You do unlock more things. It will be interesting to see how things unfold when me and the rest of the Regulators lvl up

Lokela
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
I haven't touched the multi-player yet, either. I've just been fooling around with the single player. I had a "holy shit" moment with it already. I had just gotten through punching up suckers in the bar and had stepped outside. While I was about to shoot the bastard who followed me out of the bar, a posse rode by shooting their pistols in the air and dranging someone behind a horse. They were all "hiya!" "ha!" "pow pow bang bang". It was pretty sweet. So far I'm playing as a good guy. And I am 1 for 1 in shootouts.

Fisherman
05-19-2010, 04:24 PM
My holy shit moment last night came when a dude came up to me in the wilderness and said "Help me mister, my friend's about to be hung and he ain't done nuthin'!" So I rode out with him and there was his friend, getting ready to be hung by a posse. I dead-eyed the rope and he fell to the ground, then I headshotted all four posse members in succession. What a John Wayne moment.

Jitterbug
05-19-2010, 04:46 PM
A lady was begging me for help in the middle of the night off the side of the road. When I went to help her, bandits leapt out and killed me. It sucked that I died, but it was still pretty damn nifty.

Fisherman
05-19-2010, 05:17 PM
A lady was begging me for help in the middle of the night off the side of the road. When I went to help her, bandits leapt out and killed me. It sucked that I died, but it was still pretty damn nifty.

Haha, yeah. Miss Fisherman was playing that part and when the bandits jumped out she threw the controller. I don't want to sound like a gaming badass, because if you've played Modern Warfare with me you know that I absolutely am not, but I caught it and took out the bandits. Was a little disappointed that the lady wasn't around afterward though. Maybe she ran off when I was distracted with all the shooting.

Cam-Dog
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Damn I'm pissed I dont have the game yet but hopefully I will by this weekend.

Shaha44
05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
I was playing this morning before work and some guy jacked my steed. He knocked me off and then I had to quick turn around and shoot him before he made off with my horse. It was pretty damn funny.

blackcat0158
05-20-2010, 04:11 PM
So Quinstar, Cam-Dog and I have it for PS3, anyone else?

I'm looking for people to mount up and ride out with.

Qwaint
05-20-2010, 11:08 PM
So Quinstar, Cam-Dog and I have it for PS3, anyone else?

I'm looking for people to mount up and ride out with.

I got it aswell, and I'd be up for it.

PSN: Qwaint

DEL
05-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Greetings fellow shipheads, sorry I have not been around for a bit, been busy over at FTG.

But I am here to issue a friendly challenge to your RDR posses. We can work out the details of time and date later, but I think we can get a decent cross community gamernight going. I know from the MW2 nerves gamernight that you all like to have fun so lets get this going! PM through these forums or reach me over at FTG to coordinate.

SaucedDave
05-24-2010, 03:30 AM
I am loving this game so far, so much fun and just looks like its gonna be a lot of fun. Definitely need to get into some multiplayer with you guys soon, hit me up on Xbox Live!

Abrahamm Lincoln
05-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah if anyone wants to get in some RDR multiplayer in hit me up, been having alot of fun with this game so far, but sometimes the free roam can be filled with dicks.

Jitterbug
05-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Yeah if anyone wants to get in some RDR multiplayer in hit me up, been having alot of fun with this game so far, but sometimes the free roam can be filled with dicks.

And to remedy the "filled with dicks" issue you're inviting US into your game? Your logic is flawed lol

Abrahamm Lincoln
05-24-2010, 09:56 AM
And to remedy the "filled with dicks" issue you're inviting US into your game? Your logic is flawed lol

Well I figure its better that you throw dynamite and my horse then a room full of random dudes. Also I figured when I started sobbing you would stop :P

Jitterbug
05-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Well I figure its better that you throw dynamite and my horse then a room full of random dudes. Also I figured when I started sobbing you would stop :P

Nope. I tried crying during the last gamer night and all it got me was a round of laughter before they all shot my donkey again.

Lokela
05-24-2010, 01:09 PM
Nope. I tried crying during the last gamer night and all it got me was a round of laughter before they all shot my donkey again.

Oh man...I LOVE riding my jack ass in the free roam! It's slow as a hell, but it's gets me chuckling every time.