PDA

View Full Version : Best Saturday Night Live Alum

Jitterbug
04-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Who do you think is the greatest of the Saturday Night Live stars that have moved on to make movies?

doworkson176
04-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I voted for Chris Farley. I loved that man so much. Tommy Boy is still one of my favorite movies of all time.

Oleander4321
04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
I voted Bill Murry, but I think it was a three way tie with Gilda and Chris Farley. Were they all second city alums?

Cam-Dog
04-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Your a bad man this is the hardest choice ever!
But after a few mins I knew I had to pick Jon Beluchi.
He is the pioneer to moder comedy and almost everyone of the SNL stars that came after him looked to him as their mentor.

m-m-m
04-07-2010, 11:37 PM
I gotta go with BM, and I'm not talkin' Bob Marley

Farva
04-08-2010, 09:21 AM
I picked Chris Farley, but as soon as I sent my vote in, I regretted it.

It has to be Will Ferrel. He's great as a leading man (Elf, Talladega Nights, etc..) and is always a treat when he shows up in a cameo roll in other movies (Wedding Crashers, The Goods). My vote would have to swing to this man.

Jitterbug
04-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I picked Chris Farley, but as soon as I sent my vote in, I regretted it.

It has to be Will Ferrel. He's great as a leading man (Elf, Talladega Nights, etc..) and is always a treat when he shows up in a cameo roll in other movies (Wedding Crashers, The Goods). My vote would have to swing to this man.

FUCK! I knew I'd forget to put someone on that list. I could have dumped Chevy Chase for Will! Damn it.

shawvyshawv
04-08-2010, 05:34 PM
As sexist as this may sound, you can't put SNL women and men in the same category. Gilda Radner is argueably the funniest female SNL alum compared to numerous male cast members. There wasn't another funny woman till the late '90's i.e. Cheri Oteri, Molly Shannon. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are the only 2 to come close to Gilda in funny. Anyway, I pick Will Ferrell.

Niyon
04-09-2010, 12:27 AM
I've gotta go with Farva and pick Will Ferrell. From all of them, he has had one of the best Post-SNL careers. He hasn't had TOO many bad movies (like Eddie Murphy), and generally has some of the most memorable lines from the movies he has had cameos in (MA! MEATLOAF!).

But in all honesty, one of my favorites is Mike Meyers. Still love watching "So I Married an Axe Murderer" to this day.

Grantly
04-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I voted for Chris Farley, but for me it's a tie between him and Will Ferrel. And, while I may be in the minority here, I really like Andy Samberg, and I think he's going to go on to do a lot of good movies.

McChicken116
04-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Will ferral!