PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Gamer Night

Jitterbug
04-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Okay Sony Fans,

We gave some love to the 360 family, now it's time to show some love to you as well. From what I understand, Uncharted 2 is the best game for us to play as a community, so let's set it up! There are a couple of challenges though.

1 - Neither Nerves nor I own this game - so it might be a couple of weeks before we can both get it.
2 - I've never played the game - I have no idea how the online stuff works. How many people can play together in a private match?
3 - There aren't near as many people in this community with PS3s as there are with 360's. So getting together a full group might be a challenge.

Let's start by getting an answer to the second point above. How many people can be in a private match?

Interested Parties
Jitterbug
Nerves
Kiddiepool
Cam-Dog
Quinstar
GunnderDaWunder
MrSoft

MrWooT?
DJ?
El Mariachi?

djdsf
04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
I say we should play MAG

Jitterbug
04-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I say we should play MAG

I take it you want Nerves to kill himself. Not in-game; I'm talking about slit wrist dead in a bathtub.

djdsf
04-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Hahaha, dude, the last match was fucking epic, I can't believe someone actually made it to the score limit.

But Uncharted 2 is a bit like that, is shooting as well.

Cam-Dog
04-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Not MAG if we played that DPS and I would be out of it and thats half the community.
I think a private match in U2 can hold 8-10 it runs pretty smoothly too.
Trust me we will not have a problem getting 8 people together. Also we should have it on a Friday.

Jitterbug
04-04-2010, 10:28 PM
Hahaha, dude, the last match was fucking epic, I can't believe someone actually made it to the score limit.

But Uncharted 2 is a bit like that, is shooting as well.

But it's in 3rd person, and for some reason Nerves likes that. I have no idea why that would make a difference to him, but it does.

Cam-Dog
04-04-2010, 10:52 PM
To tell you the truth I'm more excited to hear what you guys think about the single player.

djdsf
04-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Ugh, I have a huge hate (aside from Ghost Recon who did it epicly good) of third person games.

MrWooT
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I'll come, Probably gonna go buy it soon just because of this gamer night. I'll capture the game footage if you want.

Quinstar
04-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Well, I have a PS3 but not U2. I could pick it up for a gamernight though. Anyone still have KZ2?

MrWooT
04-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Well, I have a PS3 but not U2. I could pick it up for a gamernight though. Anyone still have KZ2?

I do. I remember we did lots of gamernights for that game on SG.

Deadpool
04-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm fairly certain the maximum number for a party is 10. The team game types each are 5 on 5, meaning a full came consists of 10 people.

So let's get a list going of people who'd be in to play a UC2 gamernight.

Jitterbug
Nerves
Kiddiepool
Cam-Dog
Quinstar?
MrWooT?
DJ? (have you played it, or just tossed it aside because it's 3PS?)

If Quinstar, WooT, and DJ play, we're more than halfway there (and even if DJ doesn't play, we're still one above half). I'm sure the podcast can beef up our numbers somewhat.

GunnderDaWunder
04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't have the game anymore...but if you guys need some more players the night of, I will gladly pick it up...problem with the PS3 is the whole headset issue...not sure if everyone has a BT headset...I have one that I use for work, so I would be able to set it up...truthfully, unlike xbox I have never played a multiplayer game with chat on PS3....I still have KZ2, warhawk, mag however...BTW PS3 gamertag is not like my username here and xbox tag, but it's: ATLien69 (I don't have many PS3 friends, so make me one!)

Quinstar
04-06-2010, 07:44 AM
I do. I remember we did lots of gamernights for that game on SG.

I won't lie, it's some of my happiest multiplayer memories, but no one is ever on anymore. They were tons of fun though.

Assuming that I will be home whenever you schedule the gamernight I will definitely pick up U2 so you can count me in. I have a head set. I def. recommend picking one up for the gamer nights if you don't. Too many people on the PS3 don't use one.

As far as multiplayer goes I have KZ2, MW1& 2, Wipeout HD, and I'm planning on picking up Bioshock 2 at some point.

Also, I think we should have a KZ2 gamernight and make DJ buy it. Just for fun.

El Mariachi
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM
shit, the week after i give out uncharted 2 to my brother this happens.

But burnout paradise sounds like a good idea

Deadpool
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Get it back.

MrSoft
04-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I won't lie, it's some of my happiest multiplayer memories, but no one is ever on anymore. They were tons of fun though...

...Also, I think we should have a KZ2 gamernight and make DJ buy it. Just for fun.

I'm DEFINITELY in for the U2 gamernight, finally something on the PS3. I have a headset, although might actually get a better 1 for the night and can say to anyone thinking of getting U2 for this gamernight (including our esteemed captains) that U2 is an excellent game so you (probably) won't regret shelling out for the night.

Also I have K2, MW1 & 2 and Burnout Paradise among others and like Quinstar have extremely good memories of the old SG K2 gamernights. I'd be up for a return to the Killzone if there's any more interest.

I should however mention that I'm only gonna be available for gamernights until May 3rd, after that I go back to university for a couple of months and lose sufficient internet to game online :(

Deadpool
04-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Including the people marked with "?" on the first post, we have 10 people ready to go.
If/when this goes down, our clan tags should be set to [SHIP]

Cam-Dog
04-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Wow this may actually happen!

Jitterbug
04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
It's definitely happening. Nerves and I will announce the date and time on the next episode of Talkingship.

Qwaint
04-07-2010, 08:16 AM

I LOVE Killzone 2

El Mariachi
04-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Get it back.

Yeah, not so simple... Let's put it this way. Plane tickets.

Deadpool
04-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Ah. Well that sucks. Do you still have your game saves? If so, just rent it for the weekend.

Fisherman
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
I have Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2, and would be happy to get a TS game night going. Probably can't be this wekeend for me, but if you guys do one I'll set the next one up. I severely underutilize the multiplayer in those games as it is.

Jitterbug
04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
I have Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2, and would be happy to get a TS game night going. Probably can't be this wekeend for me, but if you guys do one I'll set the next one up. I severely underutilize the multiplayer in those games as it is.

We're thinking of having one very soon. I know it wouldn't be this weekend, because I haven't heard anything from Nerves about it yet. We'll probably talk about it just before we record the next show and I'll contact you about it.

El Mariachi
04-07-2010, 09:33 PM
http://critteristic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/cute-kitten.jpg
Come on guys, Let's play Burnout. Pleeezze.

Cam-Dog
04-07-2010, 10:38 PM
We could play both Burnout at an earlier time then the main event could be U2.

Quinstar
04-08-2010, 07:07 AM
I'd play Burnout but A. I don't have it and B. I'd spend most of my time running into things. Racing games are not my forte.

El Mariachi
04-08-2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.neonlite.ca/Cute_kitten_eyes.jpg

Ok, Burnout may not work. What games you have? We might find the common denominator.

And yeah. Isn't that kitten cute.]

Jitterbug
04-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Ok, Burnout may not work. What games you have? We might find the common denominator.

And yeah. Isn't that kitten cute.]

We could probably set up two gamer nights. I know that Nerves was talking about buying Burnout anyhow.

Fisherman
04-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Here's my list:

Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
MLB 10 The Show
MGS4
Warhawk
Uh ... NHL 3-on-3 Arcade?

And I guess that does it for online PS3 games ... yeah, I get most of my multiplayer experience from the 360.

shawvyshawv
04-08-2010, 05:22 PM
I have Uncharted 2 and MGS4. I can pick up Burnout.

djdsf
04-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm fairly certain the maximum number for a party is 10. The team game types each are 5 on 5, meaning a full came consists of 10 people.

So let's get a list going of people who'd be in to play a UC2 gamernight.

Jitterbug
Nerves
Kiddiepool
Cam-Dog
Quinstar?
MrWooT?
DJ? (have you played it, or just tossed it aside because it's 3PS?)

If Quinstar, WooT, and DJ play, we're more than halfway there (and even if DJ doesn't play, we're still one above half). I'm sure the podcast can beef up our numbers somewhat.

I don't have UC2

I won't lie, it's some of my happiest multiplayer memories, but no one is ever on anymore. They were tons of fun though.

Assuming that I will be home whenever you schedule the gamernight I will definitely pick up U2 so you can count me in. I have a head set. I def. recommend picking one up for the gamer nights if you don't. Too many people on the PS3 don't use one.

As far as multiplayer goes I have KZ2, MW1& 2, Wipeout HD, and I'm planning on picking up Bioshock 2 at some point.

Also, I think we should have a KZ2 gamernight and make DJ buy it. Just for fun.

Damn you and your ability to make me buy random shit when ever you want, but this time I don't need to, I have KZ2.

Jitterbug
04-08-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't have UC2
Damn you and your ability to make me buy random shit when ever you want, but this time I don't need to, I have KZ2.

Rent UC2 for our gamer night.

Cam-Dog
04-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I'll have any game you guys plan on playing but the ones I think we should play are U2, KZ2, and Burnout.

Quinstar
04-09-2010, 07:59 AM

I'm so proud of you!

I'd rent Burnout for a gamernight, but DJ can attest I'm really bad at racing games.

MrWooT
04-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Yeah Kz2 gamer nights were really fun. I also got Burnout paradise and still have kz2 I got a shitload of games and I'll buy whatever game is needed. Can't wait. =)

djdsf
04-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm so proud of you!

I'd rent Burnout for a gamernight, but DJ can attest I'm really bad at racing games.

And drumming, and singing and shooters and strategy games and flight games and...

Nerves
04-10-2010, 08:43 AM
I am so gonna show you PS3 owners how it's done in Uncharted 2! You have no idea. It's on! I am also down with Burnout. This is one I have been trying to talk myself into buying for a while now.

Deadpool
04-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't have UC2
You see, there's this thing called renting.

Gilarus
04-11-2010, 07:34 AM
I don't have U2, but if later on we had a MAG/MW2/Warhawk/KZ2/GTA gamer night I would be down for that.

djdsf
04-12-2010, 09:13 AM
You see, there's this thing called renting.

Ask Quinstar mi policy regarding renting games.

Quinstar
04-12-2010, 11:46 AM

dj believes that he is too good to own or use anything that another person could have ever possibly touched.

djdsf
04-14-2010, 07:18 PM
dj believes that he is too good to own or use anything that another person could have ever possibly touched.

No baby, you got the words wrong, is not "believes", is just "is super awesome"

Deadpool
04-14-2010, 09:05 PM
The fact that you won't just get something for the sake of having fun with the community of brethren (and sistahs) you were part of building is kind of dumb. Just buy it then. It's a good game.

djdsf
04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
The fact that you won't just get something for the sake of having fun with the community of brethren (and sistahs) you were part of building is kind of dumb. Just buy it then. It's a good game.

I already did.

Nerves
04-23-2010, 07:55 AM
ooooh snap bitch!
Ok now that that's out of the way...
Shipheads and crewbies don't forget to do your 'maintenance' today on your PS3. I just loaded the newest software update and yes, DJ ahem, it takes a while to load. Not as bad as others, but I want everyone to be aware that it is needed to get your friends list up so we are all ready to shoot each other in the face tomorrow!!.
See you all there! Happy Friday!

Quinstar
04-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Just heard that it's a double cash weekend this weekend!!! Which is awesome cause I'm only a lvl 4. I'm really looking forward to venting this weekend by shooting people. It's highly needed.

MrSoft
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Just heard that it's a double cash weekend this weekend!!! Which is awesome cause I'm only a lvl 4. I'm really looking forward to venting this weekend by shooting people. It's highly needed.

Hmmm, maybe you should think about playing a different game this weekend then, because I don't know if you'd noticed but I'm signed up to play in the gamernight and I just wouldn't want you to end the night even more frustrated... oh yeah, I went there.

In fact if you'd all prefer I can play a different game that night, I wouldn't want to make anyone feel inadequate :wub:

Jitterbug
04-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Hmmm, maybe you should think about playing a different game this weekend then, because I don't know if you'd noticed but I'm signed up to play in the gamernight and I just wouldn't want you to end the night even more frustrated... oh yeah, I went there.

In fact if you'd all prefer I can play a different game that night, I wouldn't want to make anyone feel inadequate :wub:

I am going to make it my mission to OWN you at this game to make you suck on those words like Nerves sucks on bum cock. Which is to say with aplomb!

MrSoft
04-23-2010, 11:50 PM
I am going to make it my mission to OWN you at this game to make you suck on those words like Nerves sucks on bum cock. Which is to say with aplomb!

Bring it on ya little Bugger. I just finished playing with a load of SG guys. If I'm (arguably) better at a game that PacManPolarBear, I ain't scared of a guy who got the game 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I'm calling YOU out. And I'm gonna shmush you.

Jitterbug
04-24-2010, 10:04 AM
Bring it on ya little Bugger. I just finished playing with a load of SG guys. If I'm (arguably) better at a game that PacManPolarBear, I ain't scared of a guy who got the game 2 weeks ago.

Yes, I'm calling YOU out. And I'm gonna shmush you.

Sometimes your British lingo confuses me. By "Shmush" I am guessing you mean, 'Bow down and worship the might of your gaming skills and then off to blow..'

MrSoft
04-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Sometimes your British lingo confuses me. By "Shmush" I am guessing you mean, 'Bow down and worship the might of your gaming skills and then off to blow..'

Well almost, except without the bowing or blowing... or the worship for that matter... and with added crushing... and owning... and embarrassment... of you. Hope I cleared that up for you :D

Quinstar
04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Well, at least you'll be focused on JB now instead of me... I've only ever played multiplayer once. Should be interesting...