PDA

View Full Version : Apb

egg651
04-03-2010, 04:55 AM
QssOFOj7AeE

Edit: If youtube isn't working - link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QssOFOj7AeE&fmt=22).

"APB (All Points Bulletin) is an upcoming massively multiplayer online video game for Microsoft Windows based in urban sprawls and featuring two sides, Enforcement and the Criminals. Players may join either the Enforcers or the Criminals, and form sub-groups in these. The game design is led by David Jones, creator of the original Grand Theft Auto and Crackdown, and is being developed by Realtime Worlds."

So is anyone else interested? Personally, I got in the beta the other day and I cant wait for tonight's playsession.

If you want to sign up for the beta you can do it at the APB site here (http://www.apb.com/beta-application/). I'm not sure but there could still be a few keys lurking around Fileplanet (http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/apb/).

Cam-Dog
04-03-2010, 05:05 PM
This game interests me but only if it comes to PS3 as well. My laptop cant run that kind of stuff.

daCooksta
04-03-2010, 08:03 PM
Real Time Worlds?

Didn't they make Crackdown?

egg651
04-04-2010, 05:03 AM
Yep, they did according to IGN (http://uk.games.ign.com/objects/730/730088.html).

Fisherman
04-08-2010, 04:54 PM
My interest is piqued here, no doubt. I just need to see if this or Star Wars TOR reviews better. My faith in Bioware alone may be enough to make me stay away from this game, as wacky as that sounds.

MrSoft
04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
This game interests me but only if it comes to PS3 as well. My laptop cant run that kind of stuff.

Well put sir. Agreed.

Fisherman
04-08-2010, 08:34 PM

I'm always a little skiddish about PC games coming to any console, especially a game with as many hotkeys as an MMO would have. I just think of Dragon Age, which wasn't bad on consoles, but was far superior on PCs. Are they expecting to have cross-platform multiplayer in this one?

egg651
04-09-2010, 04:32 AM
I'm always a little skiddish about PC games coming to any console, especially a game with as many hotkeys as an MMO would have. I just think of Dragon Age, which wasn't bad on consoles, but was far superior on PCs. Are they expecting to have cross-platform multiplayer in this one?

My interest is piqued here, no doubt. I just need to see if this or Star Wars TOR reviews better. My faith in Bioware alone may be enough to make me stay away from this game, as wacky as that sounds.

This game and SWTOR are very different. This game plays pretty much exactly like GTA, but with other players against you in missions as opposed to AI. 80% of that is PvP, the rest is customisation and a bunch of other cools stuff.

(I don't think I said anything not in various trailers there so I should be all right with the NDA)

egg651
04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Hate to double post but this deserves you getting a notification- PC Gamer are giving away 10,000 beta keys, so get 'em while they're hot! http://bit.ly/djrPlm

Jitterbug
04-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Reminds me a lot of Grand Theft Auto 4's multi player. Could be a blast.

MrSoft
04-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Reminds me a lot of Grand Theft Auto 4's multi player. Could be a blast.

Damn it, but that makes me want it. I love the GTA4 multiplayer, it's just great to dick about in for a few hours with friends. Shame I just don't do PC gaming. :frown1:

Devette
04-25-2010, 05:02 PM
if any of yall wanna hang with me and my A team, let me know!!
We are enforcers, and my name is Devette.
I also have a criminal but my buddies are mostly on enforcers side so I'll probably be playing more of that. Anyways let me know! we always have a blast!

Cam-Dog
04-25-2010, 05:53 PM
This game sounds really fun. How does the whole good guy bad guy thing work?

egg651
04-26-2010, 04:58 AM
if any of yall wanna hang with me and my A team, let me know!!
We are enforcers, and my name is Devette.
I also have a criminal but my buddies are mostly on enforcers side so I'll probably be playing more of that. Anyways let me know! we always have a blast!

I'll roll a new character as an enforcer when the next beta session (that I can actually attend) is running. (Assuming you are in EU beta?)

This game sounds really fun. How does the whole good guy bad guy thing work?

Criminals do stuff like mug people and ram raid shops, enforcers stop them. Simples. :wub:

Devette
04-26-2010, 12:55 PM
I'll roll a new character as an enforcer when the next beta session (that I can actually attend) is running. (Assuming you are in EU beta?)

:err: I'm in the NA beta.

egg651
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
WELL THEN MOVE BIATCH!

No seriously, 'land of hope and glory' and all that jazz. :wub:

Devette
04-27-2010, 11:57 AM
WELL THEN MOVE BIATCH!

No seriously, 'land of hope and glory' and all that jazz. :wub:

Pfffft I've been to England... I know about your trickery with lemonade really being just sprite. I can't move to a land that mistakes lemonade for an inferior drink :p

egg651
04-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Pfffft I've been to England... I know about your trickery with lemonade really being just sprite. I can't move to a land that mistakes lemonade for an inferior drink :p

Oh crap, the jig's up! Time to run while I still have the chance! *Insert old school cartoon sound effect here*

Devette
04-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Oh crap, the jig's up! Time to run while I still have the chance! *Insert old school cartoon sound effect here*

hahaha! nah, I love England. Met some really cool people over there and I'm sure I'll go back again someday. Plus, without England I would have never discovered toast with jam... so I am forever indebted. Oh also, I love all the roundabouts. I wish we had more here.

egg651
04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
To be honest I'm not sure I really want you and your wierd roundabout fetish anywhere near me... :tongue1:

Oh and by the way, try going up north and having a battered mars bar, officially the most calorific thing. Ever.

MrSoft
04-28-2010, 03:57 PM
To be honest I'm not sure I really want you and your wierd roundabout fetish anywhere near me... :tongue1:

Oh and by the way, try going up north and having a battered mars bar, officially the most calorific thing. Ever.

And that, in a world that created the McGangBang, is a statement. :Laugh:

Devette
04-29-2010, 10:57 AM
eeeew the McGangBang is totally gross! I don't know how anyone could eat that whole thing! Battered mars bars sound pretty bad too! lol.
Here in Oregon we like to trash our bodies with deep fried twinkies.

egg651
04-29-2010, 12:03 PM
I think all food such as the battered mars bar should be referred to as follows:

Mars Bar
http://www.virginmedia.com/images/mars_bar430x300.jpg

Mars Bar Post-Scotland
http://images.fxcuisine.com/blogimages/scotland/deep-fried-mars-candy-bar/scottish-deep-fried-mars-bar-10-1000.jpg

Mmm... delicious. :wub:

Devette
05-05-2010, 12:28 PM
lol I almost threw up after seeing that second picture. That looks disgusting!!!

MrSoft
05-06-2010, 10:21 AM
lol I almost threw up after seeing that second picture. That looks disgusting!!!

Disgustingly Delicious!!!

Actually I've never tried Scotland's national dish... sorry, I mean national means of suicide, but I wouldn't be against trying the deep fried cardiac arrest :Laugh:

Fisherman
06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Back on topic, people! Minimum specs for this game have been released in case you're interested. And for an MMO, they seem a little beefy to me? Maybe my rig is just falling further behind than I want to believe, but I just creep over the minimums for this one:

CPU: Core 2 Duo 2Ghz or equivalent
Memory: 2GB RAM (3GB for Vista64 / Windows 7 64)
GPU: nVidia GeForce 7800 - 256MB or equivalent
Hard Drive: 20GB Hard disk space
Headset and microphone recommended
Broadband internet connection required

Do these seem a little on the heavy side to you guys? For minimums?

Devette
06-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Back on topic, people! Minimum specs for this game have been released in case you're interested. And for an MMO, they seem a little beefy to me? Maybe my rig is just falling further behind than I want to believe, but I just creep over the minimums for this one:

CPU: Core 2 Duo 2Ghz or equivalent
Memory: 2GB RAM (3GB for Vista64 / Windows 7 64)
GPU: nVidia GeForce 7800 - 256MB or equivalent
Hard Drive: 20GB Hard disk space
Headset and microphone recommended
Broadband internet connection required

Do these seem a little on the heavy side to you guys? For minimums?

For an MMO like this they seem maybe slightly high, but mostly about on par to me... even for minimums. CPU is now considered low mid range, memory is standard, GPU was a tad surprising to me, but I had forgotten that it was from four or five years ago that it was decent and times really have changed. Hard drive space, headset, and broadband all make sense for obvious reasons.
After playing the beta and seeing some of what it's handling, I would say you could play it on less, but you probably wouldn't want to.

Fisherman
06-12-2010, 02:01 PM
I just looked into it, and what a novel approach to MMO gaming. For those who don't know, it will cost $50 and include 50 hours of action gameplay and unlimited time in the social sphere of the game. Once you've run that up, you can buy into the monthly subscription. I think this is the way MMO game subscriptions should be handled from now on, and I only need the slightest excuse to try it out now.

DEL
06-22-2010, 09:47 AM
From what I have heard it will have an odd subscription plan, kinda cellphone like. You can go monthly or buy hours in blocks of 50 or 100.

Fisherman
06-22-2010, 03:38 PM
From what I have heard it will have an odd subscription plan, kinda cellphone like. You can go monthly or buy hours in blocks of 50 or 100.

Yup, but that's only once you run your 50 initial hours up (that you get by purchasing the game).