PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Sword 2??

Jitterbug
04-02-2010, 12:17 PM
When I first got my PS3 I picked up Heavenly Sword. It was fantastic. I was blown away by that game, and really can only complain about how short it was - other then that it was damn near perfect. I really thought it was indicative of what the PS3 was going to do for gaming. Sadly, that wasn't the case (but that's a conversation for another thread.)

My question is - Why the hell isn't there a Heavenly Sword 2???!!! This is my favorite game for the PS3 and there isn't even a peep in the industry about a sequel. :frown1:

Cam-Dog
04-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Well the developer, Ninja Theory, had to go bankrupt because of the game so a sequel seems out of the question right now.
They are making a new game called Enslaved though.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jp-Y_pSujQA/SsMRXVa4vqI/AAAAAAAAhRk/VlETz1BuZFo/s320/enslaved.jpg
From what I read Ninja Theory hasn't seen a single penny from the sales of Heavenly Sword and they are still paying off the publishers and stuff.

GunnderDaWunder
04-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow that is a sad story... I agree that its one of the better PS3 games... i just borrowed it from a friend again, and the facial and voice acting is bar-none the best I have ever seen...

Well the developer, Ninja Theory, had to go bankrupt because of the game so a sequel seems out of the question right now.
They are making a new game called Enslaved though.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jp-Y_pSujQA/SsMRXVa4vqI/AAAAAAAAhRk/VlETz1BuZFo/s320/enslaved.jpg
From what I read Ninja Theory hasn't seen a single penny from the sales of Heavenly Sword and they are still paying off the publishers and stuff.

Farva
04-02-2010, 04:29 PM
I got this game from gamefly not a week after I got my PS3. I never got past the part in the beginning where you shoot the cannons at the encroaching armies battlements. I just couldn't get past that part using the six axis. After about an hour of trying, I got fed up and sent the game back.

It was a week later when I was bitching over XBL that someone informed me that I can turn off the six axis and just use the sticks. I felt/feel like a moron. Still haven't gone back and played it yet, though. Guess I should.

Fisherman
04-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Enslaved looks fantastic, I wonder if it will be considered a "spiritual successor" to Heavenly Sword. I agree, Heavenly Sword was one of the games that got me to buy a PS3 in the first place, and had it been a little bit longer it would be one of my favorites all-time for the system.

I still have fond memories of six-axising canonballs into war towers. That was back when I though sixaxis could be something, but HS's implementation of sixaxis is still the best to date.

Maximus
04-04-2010, 10:07 AM
I wish I had a PS3.........

MrSoft
04-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I really liked Heavenly Sword but mainly just for the sixaxis projectile flight control. The combat was reasonably entertaining and I did love the boss battles but I spent more time than the the length of the game just replaying those sixaxis levels.

They could have made a whole game out of that basic mechanic and I would have bought it in a second. There are few things more satisfying to me than curving an arrow around an obstacle and, in slow motion, guiding it into the face of an oncoming enemy soldier. I too was disappointed when HS2 got cancelled.

MrSoft
04-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Just thought I'd share some news, that might interest the ship. Ninja Theory, the developers of HS are working on Devil May Cry 5. Could be 1 to watch.