PDA

View Full Version : Bullshit Quests

muttonchop
01-07-2012, 08:38 AM
So, in the latest episode of the Gamebang we had a discussion about bullshit quests with a poor payoff, ala Skyrim, which brought us to this weeks Poll question.

The Question is this: Do you enjoy a bullshit quest as long as there is a good payoff at the end. The payoff may be awesome loot, or it could be a hilarious pop culture reference they've worked into it. Cast your vote, and if you can, leave us a comment telling us about a quest you yourself have had that had an awesome payoff to it.

Thanks Shipheads. Later!

Muttonchop

Knuckles
01-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I like bullshit quests when there are great payoffs at the end. Other than that they aren't worth my time.

Cam-Dog
01-08-2012, 12:07 AM
Nope, I'll avoid lame quests and/or missions if its not fun to begin with.

rasenganking
01-08-2012, 03:40 AM
I just got it today and haven't played it yet

MarksmanShrimp
01-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I'll do pretty much anything in the game, unless it's a straight delivery mission, even then i'll consider doing it just in case it leads to a cool new location. Onto my second character now, still borderline addicted to the game.

Legend377TSC
01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I spent 10 minutes traveling to kill a giant in skyrim. I spent another 10 minutes and one reload to kill the giant. Then I went back to Winterhold to collect my reward of a whopping 100 gold. Now that is some bullshit! I think I'll just stick to stealing shit out of peoples homes from now on.

Cobberwebb
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
I like 100% completion so bullshit quest or not, it's getting done.

Quinstar
01-11-2012, 08:23 AM
I'm a bit of a completionist as well. I'm always afraid I'm going to miss something important if I don't try to do every little thing. I don't really mind stupid quests, as long as there are plenty of quality ones to balance them out.

Ala Douche
01-11-2012, 11:20 AM
My issue is, especially with Skyrim, what is the definition of a bullshit quest? I've yet to see one in Skyrim. Generally, I would much rather do an exciting quest with little to no payoff than a bullshit one with a payoff. That's why I have a day job.

Cobberwebb
01-14-2012, 01:41 PM
If the game is good and interesting enough you shouldn't care.

Farva
01-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I will do any bullshit quest if I enjoy searching out the world. Skyrim and Fallout 3 have both had me on "lame" quests, but I love finding random weird and funny shit. The good payoffs are worth experiencing a bad one every so often.

MystiMayhem
01-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I love questing in games. I don't mind a shitty pay out now and again and I don't use game guides so I'm always psyched to see what I get