PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Internet Guide

Deadpool
04-01-2010, 03:18 PM
We've all fallen prey to some clever April Fools jokes over the years, I'm sure...but HERE is your guide to April Fools 2010:

Google- Changed its name to Topeka in honor of Topeka, Kansas wanting to change their name to Google, Kansas.
GMail- The login page is devoid of vowels.
YouTube- So long as it has no ads, any video now has a TEXTp format (ala 1080p, etc.). This allows the video to be formatted in text only.
Funny or Die- Transformed into Bieber or Die. Justin Bieber takes over the site and parodies various internet video memes.
College Humor- Shows you your IP address and says you are being monitored by the FBI. College Humor is under watch for "unAmerican activities" (defaults to College humor after a few seconds).
Blizzard- The makers of Diablo introduce a Snuggie rip off called the "X-treme Gamer Blanket."
Twitter- Various pranks, however Wil Wheaton's "leaked" message to Brent Spiner about a Star Trek: TNG reunion show tops the charts
Kongregate- Featured ad for Mushroom Madness 2. The screenshot is of Rick Astley.
blogs.Sega.com- The announcement of Ecco (the Dolphin) 2
Marvel- Introduces Hulkpool :D
ABC- New parody shows featuring stars of existing ABC shows.
Hulu - Leaks a conspiracy plot about TV
BarackObama.com- The Store is selling "Health Care Reform BFD" T-Shirts (Back From the Dead)
Newgrounds- Tribute to Kevin Bacon
Improv Everywhere- No underwear subway ride
Homestar Runner- I'm...not exactly sure......but it's amazing...
Starbucks- Itroduces a 128 oz. Plenta size and a 2 oz. Micra size.
Shoryuken.com Delivers a Capcom vs. SNK 3 leak.
Axe Cop- Axe Cop is teaming up with Axe Body Spray and will be working the spray into all future comics
Sarcastic Gamer- A website called "Golden Knobs" all about door knobs.

If you see more, post them in the comments and I'll add them. I'll be updating as well as I see relevant things.

daCooksta
04-01-2010, 03:54 PM
heh, the Homestarrunner.com one was cool, and I had fun explaining the Google one to EVERYONE at school (we used laptops today in several classes, they all couldn't figure it out.).

Cam-Dog
04-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the list DPS I checked them all out, they were all awesome.
even though we all most likely know you cant forget Golden Knobs (http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/)