PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Troubleshooting

ColbyTS
11-08-2011, 11:04 PM
I was curious if any of you shipheads knew how to get your purchases from one computer onto your other computer. When I click to download my purchases it says I need to authorize the computer but I don't entirely understand what it means by that. Can any of you fine gents or ladies assist me? Or do I actually have to work to find this out?

Niyon
11-08-2011, 11:22 PM
iTunes allows up to 5 computers to be authorized to have content from 1 iTunes account. So, it's asking you to make that computer a 2nd authorized computer. Not a huge deal unless you are going to format it, give it away, etc.

Just be aware, that before you format your computer (God forbid), if at all possible de-authorize it before you do; otherwise you will lose 1 of your possible authorizations. I've learned that the hard way in the past...

Cam-Dog
11-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Call iTunes or hit up their official fourms.

ColbyTS
11-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Call iTunes or hit up their official fourms.

I just had to use my home PC, i got it figured out

Cobberwebb
11-16-2011, 06:42 PM
You get to 'authorize' up to 5 computers at a time for your stuff. You can de-authroize as well. Can't wait till my contract is up then it's bye bye iPhone and shitty iTunes sync BS!

ColbyTS
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
You get to 'authorize' up to 5 computers at a time for your stuff. You can de-authroize as well. Can't wait till my contract is up then it's bye bye iPhone and shitty iTunes sync BS!

Oh, damn that is helpful thanks Cobby

Cobberwebb
11-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Make sure you 'transfer purchases' from your connected device when using different computers! iTunes will remove apps, music etc.. if they are NOT on the computer you are syncing to!!!!!!