PDA

View Full Version : The Fighter

Jitterbug
08-30-2011, 11:06 PM
I finally got around to watching The Fighter. I had avoided it because I'm not a big fan of Wahlberg as an actor.

WOW! That movie was absolutely fantastic. Wahlberg played Wahlberg, which is what I was afraid of, but everyone else around him is performing on a level that more then makes up for him!!! Christian Bale was beyond impressive. He owned that character in such a way that I will never again question his acting ability. He's a superstar. As is Amy Adams and Melissa Leo. Holy shit they were good in this movie.

ColbyTS
08-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Best Walhberg movie is totally The Other Guys. I think he is great for comedy. But I'm a fan of his overall...

Fisherman
08-31-2011, 03:53 PM
I totally agree with you Jitterbug, The Fighter is my favorite boxing movie. Above Rocky and Raging Bull.

ColbyTS
09-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I totally agree with you Jitterbug, The Fighter is my favorite boxing movie. Above Rocky and Raging Bull.

Couldn't help but notice that you didn't put Cinderella Man in that discussion. That one is my favorite hands down to any other everrrr....

Farva
09-02-2011, 02:08 AM
I liked Cinderella Man, but it's not in the same league as Rocky or The Fighter. I'm all for Russel Crowe beating the hell out of a big lanky bastard, but that's why I own Gladiator.

Jitterbug
09-02-2011, 09:00 AM
I liked Cinderella, but I don't remember much boxing in it. Just glass slippers.

ColbyTS
09-02-2011, 04:52 PM
I liked Cinderella Man, but it's not in the same league as Rocky or The Fighter. I'm all for Russel Crowe beating the hell out of a big lanky bastard, but that's why I own Gladiator.

You're dead to me, that was a true story that was probably the best comeback story I've ever seen. Fuck Rocky he is a fictional chump!

Jacobden
10-17-2011, 03:16 AM
The Fighter is a 2010 biographical sports drama film directed by David O. Russell, and starring Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Melissa Leo and Amy Adams. The film centers on the life of professional boxer "Irish" Micky Ward (Wahlberg) and his older half-brother Dicky Eklund (Bale). The film also stars Amy Adams as Micky's love interest, and Melissa Leo as Micky's and Dicky's mother. The Fighter is Russell and Wahlberg's third film collaboration, following Three Kings and I Heart Huckabees. Nice movie, i really like this movie.

Cobberwebb
11-17-2011, 06:27 AM

Then you haven't seen 'Ricky' then ha! Talk about a BMDD.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293557/