PDA

View Full Version : Scott Pilgrim and Movies at home and theater.

Cam-Dog
11-14-2010, 09:29 PM
I just watched the Bluray a few days ago and it was really disappointing. I loved the movie while watching it in theaters but when I watched it at home it wasn't nearly as funny and was even a bit boring, I found myself wondering if it was over yet.

So what I want to ask is have you guys ever seen a film in theaters and loved it only to see it at a later time and have a completely different experience?

El Mariachi
11-15-2010, 12:15 AM
...and everybody gave me shit on my review... lol.

No, but seriously. It happened to me with Toy Story 3. I was all flabergasted on the teather but watching it at home was a drag.

I guess it happens because the element of surprise wasn't there.

Also, I'm fucking dissapointed they didn't add the Scott Pilgrim game as one of the extras, that would have been a fast buy for me at least.

ColbyTS
11-16-2010, 11:36 PM
...and everybody gave me shit on my review... lol.

No, but seriously. It happened to me with Toy Story 3. I was all flabergasted on the teather but watching it at home was a drag.

I guess it happens because the element of surprise wasn't there.

Also, I'm fucking dissapointed they didn't add the Scott Pilgrim game as one of the extras, that would have been a fast buy for me at least.

I have to disagree on both of those. (Albeit I have only seen Toy Story at home) But I was thoroughly satisfied with both movies and enjoyed Scott Pilgrim just as much as the theaters (without the excellent sound quality)

shawvyshawv
11-17-2010, 05:35 PM
I had the opposite happen. I saw Office Space in the theater and hated it. Years later I watched it again and liked it.

ColbyTS
11-17-2010, 07:24 PM
I had the opposite happen. I saw Office Space in the theater and hated it. Years later I watched it again and liked it.

I only have one thing to say to that. Fuck (the old) you for hating OfficeSpace but welcome to the club (new you)

Jitterbug
11-18-2010, 12:01 AM
There are a lot of movies that I didn't like a lot when I first saw them but loved later. The biggest of all being The Big Lebowski. I didn't hate it when I first saw it, but I didn't love it - now it is in my top five comedies of all time easily.

Cam-Dog
11-18-2010, 01:23 AM
You guys have it backwards I'm asking the opposite. Loved the movie then didn't like it.

Ala Douche
11-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I've only seen it at home, but I loved it.

Plereehep
07-24-2011, 10:49 AM
If youve ever seen "spaced" you know damn well how good this film will be. I half wonder if Brian Lee Omalley wasnt inspired by spaced by some degree while doing scott pilgrim. How weird is that?

j