PDA

View Full Version : Schwarzenegger blasts big oil, defends climate law

Cam-Dog
10-04-2010, 08:52 PM
I don't care who you are or what "party" you follow you have to watch this clip. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#39410045
I lean more to the Democratic Party but I can not agree with Schwarzenegger more, what are your thoughts?
For the life of me I could not find anything on Fox News about the Governators speach, I wonder why.

Cam-Dog
10-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm kinda disappointed that no one has any thoughts on this.

Jitterbug
10-05-2010, 10:45 PM
I consistently find it shocking how so many Republicans decry taxes and the "idiot" democrats when it is the REPUBLICANS that are vastly damaging their wealth. The majority of Republicans are benefiting tremendously by the work that Obama has done, but they hate the Democrats and insist that they are being over taxed. Under Republicans, the average person has leveled taxes but the rich get tax cuts. Under Democrats, the average person in the USA has their taxes lowered and the rich have their taxes increased, yet the way the average Republican talks you would think Obama was stealing money right out of their pocket. And the argument that the money needs to get into the rich's hands because they are the ones that create jobs is so dumb it is laughable. Here's the facts - the rich are getting richer, and they are SAVING more. When a rich person SAVES money that means it DOES NOT MAKE IT INTO THE ECONOMY! It sits, gaining interest, which takes MORE money out of our economy. When a poor or middle class person is given tax breaks studies have shown that they do not save it, but instead spends it - which then puts money into the hands of the people that are making the best products. This is what capitalism is all about. When you simply hand more money to the rich, they have no incentive to create new jobs because they are getting MORE money as it is!!!

Sigh. But as far as what Arnold was saying - the energy companies are sitting beside the Pharmaceutical companies as the largest, most powerful companies in the world. Anyone who thinks they make decisions based on anything other then profit is a dumbass.

Cam-Dog
10-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm glad you could vent on that slightly off topic rant.I do agree with you btw.
Anyway Arnold Is the only Republican I have ever seen bash big oil like this sure it took him a few terms to get it right but he has figured it out.

ColbyTS
10-05-2010, 11:26 PM
(sigh) If Arnold told me to praise Alah I would, I love that big austrian bastard. Also I couldn't agree more with him he is very good at calling out certain companies and people on their wrongs which is why he should be the next president.

Arnold 2012

http://www.civilizationasweknowit.com/big/Gregs%20Images/arnold3.jpg

Jitterbug
10-10-2010, 01:19 PM
http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/5/pyzamarnold.jpg

Plereehep
08-01-2011, 12:12 AM
You know it RC.... Right now, what do you think her chances of being elected POTUS are?