PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft

Cam-Dog
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
From the website. Minecraft is a game about placing blocks while running from skeletons. Or something like that..
The game has enemies and cave exploring and mining and farming and flowing water and dynamic lighting and a huge (huge) randomly generated world map.
Just watch this video then you will understand maybe.
Rse6Uw8Qd0w
I don't know what it is but I really want this game. What do you guys think.

MrSoft
09-06-2010, 11:54 PM
That actually looks really cool. I get the feeling I'd enjoy watching someone with vision play it more than actually playing it myself but I could be tempted to try that shit out. It's fuckin cheap at the moment too. I may well get this once I've picked up my new laptop.

ColbyTS
09-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Eh looks pretty interesting as like a time killer, but not a need to play

Jitterbug
09-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Okay.. so, I feel like I'm getting punked here. What the hell is the appeal of this?! It looks like it's a colorized version of a 1st gen gameboy game.

Cam-Dog
09-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Thats what it is. Its just that there are so many different things you can do in the game.

rasenganking
09-11-2010, 12:54 PM
ya im sorry i watched all of a minute of that video and now i hate that game and think it should be burned ages of empires is where its at

Cam-Dog
09-11-2010, 01:47 PM
You cant really compare it to AoE they are completely different.

rasenganking
09-11-2010, 02:00 PM
your right well then doom is better

Cam-Dog
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
... ha

rasenganking
09-11-2010, 03:13 PM
is that sarcasm

muttonchop
10-03-2010, 03:44 AM
This game is VERY interesting, and it's still only in Alpha version. The things that people have created with it so far, even before it's been released to Beta is AMAZING!

I've already seen someone create the frame work for a 1:1 scale version of the Enterprise - D... thats right, Star Trek's Starship Enterprise--D! Hell, have a look at it, right here:
kn2-d5a3r94

Not to mention that someone has already been able to craft a working 16-bit adding machine:
f6JqoE7MZEE

I bought this game the other day, and already have decided to change the name from Minecraft to Minecrack, because I've found it strangely addicting. Hell, I started playing it at 9pm, and when I looked at the clock next, it was 3 in the frigging morning!

With massive open world, destructible environments, and an endless supply of things you can create if you put the time into it, I think this is going to be a very, VERY good game when the final product is released, if the Alpha version is anything to go by

InstantKarma
10-03-2010, 05:48 PM
this is the greatest game ever. Think Reach forge, plus LBP, on steroids.

Cam-Dog
10-03-2010, 09:30 PM
this is the greatest game ever. Think Reach forge, plus LBP, on steroids, that looks older than the N64

Fixed.

Fisherman
10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
I realized after we talked about it on the GameLounge what Minecraft really is. It's not a game at all. It's "fort-building" for adults. And yeah, it rocks.

The fact that I don't consider it a game anymore does NOT exclude it from my Extra Life qualification roster, for your information.

obsidianchao
10-14-2010, 03:18 PM
All because it has it's old aesthetic doesn't make it bad. It's seriously addicting. If you won't play a game because of what it looks like, that's just stupid.

rasenganking
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Ya but alot of people do still judge games by their covers i remember i bought a dynasty warrior game because i love that type of game and i took it home to find out it was a strategy game with no real fighting at all so i took it back learned my lesson though

muttonchop
10-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Minecraftissofuckingawesomethaticantevensparetheti metoputinspacesbecauseihavetogetbacktothegamegoodb ye!!!!!!!!

muttonchop
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Seriously though, the game is awesome, and Fish is completely right, at this stage of the build, it is basically a "Fort Building" game for adults, and just something about that is addicting to me, I don't know why.

I'm actually looking forward to whats coming up soon, because their is a big update on the 31st of this month in which he is introducing a Hell/Underworld level, with deadlier enemies.

And for those of you who liked the fishing in Zelda, never fear, fishing is also coming to minecraft!

AWESOME!!!! BRING ON THE MINECRACK!!

Cam-Dog
10-15-2010, 01:34 PM
I NEED to get this game!

muttonchop
10-15-2010, 04:45 PM
I NEED to get this game!
Yes, you NEEED to get this game.... get it.... gettttttt ittttttttt

N0kel
10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Really amazing railway this guy built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asImTDkPWKA

PS: err this probably isn't the right place to ask this, but how do I go about posting videos on this forum?

Cam-Dog
10-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Really amazing railway this guy built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asImTDkPWKA

PS: err this probably isn't the right place to ask this, but how do I go about posting videos on this forum?

When you're posting in advance(not quick reply) you just put the embed code
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/asImTDkPWKA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/asImTDkPWKA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
from the youtube page between the youtube tags.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/asImTDkPWKA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/asImTDkPWKA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Or you could just put the short code in the url in between the tags which for this video is asImTDkPWKA making it asImTDkPWKA

Fisherman
10-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Nice tutorial Cam, you really nailed it there brother.

N0kel
10-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Alright, thanks a lot dude!

Jitterbug
10-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I tried to get in on Minecraft but it wouldn't let me register! I am guessing too many people are doing it. I'll try again some other time.

N0kel
10-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah I think the server was down that day

muttonchop
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM
Notch (minecrafts creator) has been going through a lot of stuff lately, including moving to a new server. I also understand that he's being suffering from a DDoS attack, so that may be why as well.

Fisherman
10-25-2010, 12:30 PM
It was probably that DDoS attack that did it captain, just bad timing. Try again in a couple days, its definitely worth a shot.

hatakraa
02-15-2011, 11:00 PM
I tried minecraft myself and I realized that I can't play this because I will become addicted to it if I allow myself to play.

chris34levy
04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
From the website.
Just watch this video then you will understand maybe.
Rse6Uw8Qd0w
I don't know what it is but I really want this game. What do you guys think.

Now after looking the video it seems to be quite tough game as I have lost the habit of playing from last few months due to work. But I am sure that I can play it so I will give it a try.

Jitterbug
04-25-2011, 10:54 AM
100% addicted to this game. And now it has ACHIEVEMENTS!

ColbyTS
04-25-2011, 05:05 PM
100% addicted to this game. And now it has ACHIEVEMENTS!

Where can you even play this game?

blackcat0158
04-25-2011, 07:21 PM
You can play it here. (http://www.minecraft.net/) It's still in Beta- I picked it up when it was in Alpha, and I cannot tell you how long I've sunk into this. Weeks worth of time, if not months.

You do have to purchase it to play the actual game part- where you properly mine blocks and craft items.

I'm loving the wolves they've added. I especially like how you can tame them.

Jitterbug
04-28-2011, 08:26 AM
This game looks like crap, and whenever my wife seeing me play it she makes endless fun of me. But there's just something about getting deep into it that hooks you. I have built a whole city in my world. Sooo much fun.

rasenganking
05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
I have heard a shit load about this game and i still think it sounds like ages of empires and stronghold

Cobberwebb
11-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Don't wanna play it in case I get hooked like Jitterbug. Must, resist, achievements.......Need to use my time creating music!

jimmyalan
10-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Hello guys,
The Minecraft game is very interested game, i am play this game first time my friends, but i am played this game with my friends, we both enjoy this game so much...:)

agathachristie
12-17-2012, 03:33 AM
The fact that looks awesome. I may be tempted to try that shit I actually played better than playing feel, but people who want to enjoy the vision. Too cheap at the moment it's damn. After discovering my new laptop, I'm well you can get this.