PDA

View Full Version : Valkyria Chronicles 2

DEL
09-02-2010, 09:43 AM
So I am going to write to myself since I seem to be the only one that bothers to talk about handheld games in this forum.
"hey del whats up?"
"oh not much just at work, I have another doctors appointment later. Probably will not do much again since they have been dicking me around for about a month now."
"that sucks, so hey whats up with this game?"
"Oh shit yea! Valkyria Chronicles 2!"
"wasn't the first one a PS3 game?"
"yea, but this one is pretty much the same systems for battle and anime style as the first, just a little more in depth and some changes to the classes you take into battle."
"So some shity JRPG crap like you are always talking about, great."
"Nah, not at all. It is a stratedgy game, like Advanced Wars. However instead of just building units and moving them on a map, you deploy a squad and moving on the map as well as shooting are done in 3rd person. So you can get some really great tactics going on a 3d plane instead of just moving on a grid like most strat games."
"Damn sounds fun, is it all futuristic?"
"nope, think alternate reality WW2 and your country is kinda like Switserland, it is neutral but since you have the largest stockpile of this fictionaly elemant that fuels tanks and cars, you get invaded anyway. It is actually a really detailed story that takes place about 2 years after the first game. The country has despabilized after puting a "darscen" on the throne."
"what?"
"oh, in the game there is a race of people that have black hair called the Darscen, which caused a huge war hundreds of years ago. Througout both games, these people are the victim of persecution, however in 2 they are basicly the target of a cleansing carried out by a rebel faction of nobles that are really pissed a Darscen was put on the throne."
"oh so douchebag kinda Nazi people"
"Yea"
"well have fun playing it."
"I will, another game to play in the waiting room at hospitals and doctors offices."

DEL
09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Why del that seems like an interesting game.
It is an interesting game, real fun and their is multiplayer too. However as you can see from this and nearly every other handheld forum, their is no room for handheld MP in America.
Yea, I guess you are right.

Jitterbug
09-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Is it for the PSP or the DS?

DEL
09-06-2010, 10:37 AM
PSP, making it even more useless for MP.

Jitterbug
09-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Yep. Totally useless. I actually played the first one for the PS2. It was pretty good - not as good as Tactics Ogre, but still pretty good. I would absolutely buy that for the DS if they had it. I'm not sure why those types of games didn't become more popular. I loved working on leveling my soldiers. Another great GREAT series of that genre is Disgaia. I fucking LOVE those games.

Cam-Dog
09-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I'd like to support the game but im just not into strategy games.