PDA

View Full Version : Price bump

ColbyTS
08-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Those assholes at Microsoft obviously think they aren't making enough money. They have decided to bump up the price for xbox live, even though its not a huge difference by any means I just gotta ask why, I'm pretty positive they are doing just fine they are a booming ass business that gets millions of dollars from subscriptions maybe even billions. So here are the new price listings

Old ones
1 month - 7.99
3 month - 19.99
12month - 49.99

New ones
1 month - 9.99
3 month - 24.99
12month - 59.99

So if you wanna save a few bucks stock up now so you don't have to pay the higher price or you can boycott them and just not play online xbox and roll with the ps3's free online.

Cam-Dog
08-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Its funny they did this as soon as they found out they made more money off XBLArcade than they did with XBL membership this year(which is the first time that has happened). what a buncha assholes.
Also I'm moving this to the Xbox section.

Jitterbug
08-30-2010, 10:29 PM
It's bad timing for them to do this. Makes them look greedy doing it right before the holidays. They should have waited until middle of the summer next year.

Quinstar
08-31-2010, 08:29 AM
I realize that since they launched XBL they've added a lot of services, though nothing that I really use. I may just let my gold account expire. Luckily I've already renewed for this next year. I know that it's less that a dollar extra a month, but supporters would say the same thing about a $30 increase. "c'mon guys, it's only $2.50 more per month". Maybe they should have membership levels or something so that if you only want to be able to play online you're not paying as much as someone using all the features.

ColbyTS
08-31-2010, 09:22 AM
It's bad timing for them to do this. Makes them look greedy doing it right before the holidays. They should have waited until middle of the summer next year.

It was also a bad move because it was right after Nintendo dropped the price on a couple of there products like DS and stuff.

djdsf
09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
What ever amount of money they make with XBLA games does not completely go to them, what they do is charge for hosting rights and also for server space and bandwidth.

The price jump is due to the fact that Hulu will require them to pay a certain amount of money every year (huge amount) to be able to broadcast their stuff as well as ESPN due to the rights that they have to pay Disney as well as the NFL, NBA, NHL, FIFA and others for the right to show the clip.

Why do you think Hulu is coming to the PS3 for users who only use the PN+ thing? because it cost money.

Even if you see a company like MS making billions, do remember that they have teams all over the world that require a paycheck as well as costumer support, the servers, bandwidth, promotions, advertising, development ETC, so is not like the "millions" that they make goes straight to their pocket.

In the end is $10 for a whole year, is nothing to really cry about, I spend more $ filling up my gas tank every week.

Cam-Dog
09-02-2010, 09:37 PM
Fanboy... ha

ColbyTS
09-03-2010, 12:24 AM
What ever amount of money they make with XBLA games does not completely go to them, what they do is charge for hosting rights and also for server space and bandwidth.

The price jump is due to the fact that Hulu will require them to pay a certain amount of money every year (huge amount) to be able to broadcast their stuff as well as ESPN due to the rights that they have to pay Disney as well as the NFL, NBA, NHL, FIFA and others for the right to show the clip.

Why do you think Hulu is coming to the PS3 for users who only use the PN+ thing? because it cost money.

Even if you see a company like MS making billions, do remember that they have teams all over the world that require a paycheck as well as costumer support, the servers, bandwidth, promotions, advertising, development ETC, so is not like the "millions" that they make goes straight to their pocket.

In the end is $10 for a whole year, is nothing to really cry about, I spend more $ filling up my gas tank every week.

Psh says the guy with the steady paycheck

Farva
09-03-2010, 03:08 AM

I agree, 100%. For a guy who's a computer deep down inside, that was an incredibly human response. I guess the end is sooner than I feared.

Quinstar
09-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Hulu is not just for PS+ users. The beta is only for PS+ but when they roll out the full service it will be for everyone for a fee. The nice thing about this is that if you don't want to use it, you don't have to pay for it. Unlike MS.

Fisherman
09-05-2010, 11:54 PM
I understand that we're getting more for our subscriptions now than we did when XBL Gold launched, but haven't the costs of the bandwidth and development associated with those services decreased over time, too?

I honestly don't know, but I would assume so. Computing in general is cheaper now than it was 5 years ago. Regardless, I really don't think this matters as more than just forum fire fodder, because if you're paying close attention, you're never paying the full asking price for an XBL subscription anyway.

Abrahamm Lincoln
09-19-2010, 11:42 AM
This actually makes no difference for me, as when I buy the XBL Year cards, they are 59.99 anyways.

MsDrunkyTS
09-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I honesty dont care that much. . .it's not that big of a jump. Maybe if it was bringing me to 100 bucks for a year i'd be more pissed, but like i said . . . meh. We all know microsoft is greedy we should just be greatful that this is the first increase.

Shaha44
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
I've got my XBL subscription set all the way until October 2012. Once I get to that point maybe I'll think about the price increase.

ColbyTS
09-30-2010, 10:05 PM
I've got my XBL subscription set all the way until October 2012. Once I get to that point maybe I'll think about the price increase.

Yeah I wouldn't go much farther til we know if we are gonna make it past December of 2012:err:

Shaha44
10-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Yeah I wouldn't go much farther til we know if we are gonna make it past December of 2012:err:

The Mayans don't know shit about the end of the world! I, however, do know shit about the end of the world. It is November 2012!

ColbyTS
10-08-2010, 10:57 AM
The Mayans don't know shit about the end of the world! I, however, do know shit about the end of the world. It is November 2012!

Oh SHIT! We have less time then I imagined... the end in nigh

rasenganking
10-08-2010, 04:26 PM
your both on crack