PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver

BlinkinCard41
03-28-2010, 10:46 AM
So... did anyone else pick up either HeartGold or SoulSilver? Even though it's a rehash of a ten year old game, I'm still having a blast playing through SoulSilver. I'll look forward to battling anyone who did pick it up.

Jitterbug
03-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I was actually thinking of picking it up. I haven't played a pokemon game since the first one (other then that shitty on rails camera one.)

Grantly
03-28-2010, 11:29 AM
I got SoulSilver, but I haven't been playing too much, so I'm only to Ecruteak City. I'm having a great time playing through it.

ImNotEmo
03-28-2010, 01:24 PM
so anyone still playing pokemon blue....just blue

BlinkinCard41
03-28-2010, 02:20 PM
:D That one's actually sitting on the desk in front of me. I think I started playing it again a few months back and it was just sitting in my GameBoy Advanced.

Abrahamm Lincoln
03-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I picked up Heartgold about a week ago, been having a great time going through the "Good" generation of Pokemon games, everything kinda goes to hell after Gold and Silver.

PaganNinja
03-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Its not just a rehash. there are eight new gyms that you unlock after you beat the original eight gyms.

daCooksta
03-30-2010, 09:12 AM
Its not just a rehash. there are eight new gyms that you unlock after you beat the original eight gyms.

Did you play the original Silver/Gold? You fought all sixteen in S/G/C as well.

I picked up Soul Silver, and I'm loving it. The Pokewalker is the perfect addition to Pokemon that I didn't know I needed, in that I can level my pokemon while walking around. Additionally, since the Pokewalker unlocks stuff as you walk, it even gives a bit of an incentive to walk around just to "level up" the Pokewalker and see what zone is next.

The pacing of the game feels perfect, the Gen II pokemon are some of my favorites, and the ability to go back to Kanto adds to greatness of the game.

In my opinion, best Pokemon game yet.

Nerves
04-13-2010, 08:05 PM
I am intrigued. I always look at these games, and the Naruto ones, decide I am going to buy one then literally change my mind at the counter. I May have to break down and get this one. Maybe for Christmas with my DSiXL. ha ha

MrSoft
04-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I decided to get HeartGold today... well not get it but order it or something. I think Gold has been my favourite of the series and to my astonishment I've never let a generation go by without buying 1 of them so that's a fairly informed review :p

I'll have it soon enough :)

Nerves
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
Which do I buy? Heartgold or Soulsilver? What is the difference?

Abrahamm Lincoln
04-27-2010, 01:25 PM
The Legendary pokemon you get at level 45 and there are some pokemon you can only catch in Heartgold and some you can only get in Soulsilver, but thats all really

MrSoft
04-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Which do I buy? Heartgold or Soulsilver? What is the difference?

Get HeartGold. That's what all the cool people get :wink1:

...Well, all the cool people and me :frown1:

ThePianoMan
10-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Should I get one of these or wait for Black/White? Didn't think it deserved a new topic, so shall ask here, but yeah, is it worth waiting. What's the general consensus on Black/White compared to other games, now I think to ask.