PDA

View Full Version : Either / Or : Dark Knight OR Inception

Jitterbug
08-27-2010, 11:59 PM
With all the love being heaped upon Inception around here, I thought this was a question that needed to be asked of those who have seen both. Which is the better Nolan film? Dark Knight OR Inception?

ColbyTS
08-28-2010, 04:35 AM
Oh shit that was hard I just gave it to the Dark Knight for Heath Ledger fuck Christian Bale and his muffled voice the Joker was a bad mother fucker in that movie. But damn Inception was awesome and mind blowing.

Grantly
08-28-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm giving it to Inception. I love both movies, but this wasn't even a contest.

Cam-Dog
08-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Inception for me, I have never talked about or thought about a movie as much as I did with Inception, it also did a lot from the Hollywood in general.

ColbyTS
08-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Hmmm I kinda regret my pick, if I could pick just a role it would have been Dark Knight but Inception was the better movie for me.

El Mariachi
08-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Dark Knight. In short. It was wayyy "Darker" and it developed the character better.

Lokela
08-31-2010, 07:38 AM
I pick The Dark Knight. I enjoyed it more.

Jitterbug
08-31-2010, 08:08 AM
I still haven't seen Inception, so I can't vote, but it had better be good to overcome Heath Ledger's Joker!

ColbyTS
08-31-2010, 09:30 AM
I still haven't seen Inception, so I can't vote, but it had better be good to overcome Heath Ledger's Joker!

See Heath Ledger stole that movie, if it weren't for him it would have just been Christian Bale hopping around using a ridiculous voice. Harvey Dent was pretty cool too, but if you look at it like all the individual roles in Inception each one was really good there wasn't one role that annoyed me. But with the dark knight I wasn't a huge fan of Christian Bale or really Maggie Gyllenhal.

Lokela
08-31-2010, 05:03 PM
See Heath Ledger stole that movie, if it weren't for him it would have just been Christian Bale hopping around using a ridiculous voice. Harvey Dent was pretty cool too, but if you look at it like all the individual roles in Inception each one was really good there wasn't one role that annoyed me. But with the dark knight I wasn't a huge fan of Christian Bale or really Maggie Gyllenhal.

Yeah, I bummed to see Maggie Gyllenhal instead of that chick who married Tom Cruise and destroyed her life. Maggie didn't do a bad job, but I like the other chick better.

Also, "Leo DeCap" annoys me in every role...I don't know why.

Matt_the_Hed
08-31-2010, 05:26 PM
First of all, Apples and Oranges! But if I had to choose a Nolan pic it would probably have to be Inception because we would still have Batman, not as cool but still.

DEL
09-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Gotta go with Dark Knight. I liked Inception but I can't se myself watching it more than twice unlike Dark Knight which you can watch a few times and still be entertained, primarily like everyone said for Ledgers Joker, but still the director had to have pulled a little of that out of him.

Ala Douche
09-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I'd say Inception, only because Memento wasn't one of the choices. :P

BlinkinCard41
01-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I have to pick The Dark Knight. While Inception was a really good movie, I watched it once and felt like I had my fill of it.

hatakraa
06-01-2011, 11:42 PM
When it comes to the dark knight, it was a wonderful film, even though people keep on saying the same shit about heath ledger. Yes he did an insane good job but saying he was the best actor in the film is straight up bullsh*t. Frankly I think the guy who did harvey dent played just as well when it came to the acting role. In fact everyone did an absolutely wonderful job except for the dumba$$ who played bruce wayne. What a complete idiot. I hate this actor. I really do. He's not batman to me. He's some goofball who dresses up like batman and if you were to compare keaton and him, keaton you wouldn't expect to be batman, this goofball you would be like "Yah i can see that."

Overall dark knight suffers from bad ending(i don't care what you script, you don't kill off one of the main baddies in the movie. Two face shouldn't have died.) It also suffers from a poor main actor as well as the fact that at the end you feel tired. other than that its fine.

Inception however has a much stronger script, it makes you focus on what you are watching, it doesn't dally around like the dark knight did. It's very tight and flush with what it attempts to do and takes incredibly smart liberties with it's material that it provides itself to work with. The acting is superb, the cinematography is wonderfully shot. The editing is greatly done. There is really nothing I can say negatively about this film. Overall it's the superior film because the script is tighter and the ending of the film doesn't feel not thought out.

Inception wins.

ColbyTS
06-02-2011, 02:00 PM
When it comes to the dark knight, it was a wonderful film, even though people keep on saying the same shit about heath ledger. Yes he did an insane good job but saying he was the best actor in the film is straight up bullsh*t. Frankly I think the guy who did harvey dent played just as well when it came to the acting role. In fact everyone did an absolutely wonderful job except for the dumba$$ who played bruce wayne. What a complete idiot. I hate this actor. I really do. He's not batman to me. He's some goofball who dresses up like batman and if you were to compare keaton and him, keaton you wouldn't expect to be batman, this goofball you would be like "Yah i can see that."

Overall dark knight suffers from bad ending(i don't care what you script, you don't kill off one of the main baddies in the movie. Two face shouldn't have died.) It also suffers from a poor main actor as well as the fact that at the end you feel tired. other than that its fine.

Inception however has a much stronger script, it makes you focus on what you are watching, it doesn't dally around like the dark knight did. It's very tight and flush with what it attempts to do and takes incredibly smart liberties with it's material that it provides itself to work with. The acting is superb, the cinematography is wonderfully shot. The editing is greatly done. There is really nothing I can say negatively about this film. Overall it's the superior film because the script is tighter and the ending of the film doesn't feel not thought out.

Inception wins.

I will agree with you that Christian Bale was a half-assed Bruce Wayne but in all fairness he is far from the worst. I thought that the only weak point of the movie was Harvey's death (Two-face, which I still don't entirely believe because who the fuck brings in two-face for like a 20 minute bit part) Other than that I thought The Dark Knight was very structurally sound.
And I still agree that Inception wins, just because that movie hit on all cylinders with the star studded cast pulling off fantastic roles.

DouchBaggins
06-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I would have to say Inception, unfortunately. Though, as Cam said:

Inception for me, I have never talked about or thought about a movie as much as I did with Inception, it also did a lot from the Hollywood in general.

As far as most talked about movie in my life, it would have to go to The Matrix. That was probably the corner stone movie of my generation. Though, someone needs to do an Either or for comic book movies, so the Dark Knight could stay on board.