PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Religion

ColbyTS
08-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I just saw a thing on Yahoo and I wanted to know what religion you guys think Obama practices. 18% of people believe that Obama is Muslim, 48% have no idea and 34% think he is christian. The 34% are right, Obama is Christian despite popular belief and supposedly prays daily. I would think that he is Muslim just because his middle name "Hussein" but I'm wrong.

Natural Eraser
08-19-2010, 02:40 PM
It honestly doesn't matter to me. If he can be a good leader I wouldn't care if he practiced santeria. By the way; I think the 18% of people are probably the ones who said that he was a terrorist and all that during the election.

Jitterbug
08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I know he is Christian, but I couldn't care less. As long as he's not born-again like good ol' G dubya was.

Cam-Dog
08-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah whats up with Christians? That reborn stuff is ridiculous. Even other hardcore religions people I have talked to say its dumb(even though they are biased too).

ColbyTS
08-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah I didn't really care but was still interested at the answer

Cam-Dog
08-19-2010, 07:02 PM
God damn America is stupid as fuck. Before the mosaic at ground zero thing started 18% percent thought he was Muslim and after all the stupid drama 24% of Americans thought he was Muslim. God damn I have lost all faith(not religious faith) with the people of this country, shipheads excluded.

El Mariachi
08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
He's wiccan.

ColbyTS
08-19-2010, 07:43 PM
He's wiccan.

haha that was funny

Matt_the_Hed
08-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I think it's always been an interesting question, what role should one's personal faith play in leading the country. On one hand, if you are smart enough to get elected President then you have to know that this is far from a theocracy and we aren't electing a spiritual leader. On the other hand if you faith (any faith) is really apart of who you are, apart of your core being, how can it not influence your decisions. I'm not nearly as interested in what religion he claims to be as I am interested in what he thinks that means about who he is and how he should govern.

Cam-Dog
08-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow thats a good point Matt.

Matt_the_Hed
08-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Thanks Cam-Dog!

So I don't think I can answer this my self, but...

Do you think there is anything about the way he governs that demonstrates what he believes about God?

Jitterbug
08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks Cam-Dog!

Do you think there is anything about the way he governs that demonstrates what he believes about God?

No. I think it would be easy to say that his opposition to same sex marriage is a reflection of his faith, but I don't believe that is true. I think his opposition to same sex marriage is 100% based on poll numbers, as are the decisions of most presidents.

ColbyTS
08-22-2010, 11:00 AM
I have to say I was really impressed when he said that we could do stem cell research because we cant let ignorance hold back science or whatever. I was happy with that one.

Cam-Dog
08-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks Cam-Dog!

I don't follow the news a whole lot but I do think I know more than most people my age. So from what I do know, No, I haven't really seen any signs of him governing based on his religion other than what JB said. Colby brings up a good point to Obama whats to advance the way the government works with religion even if it is only for his 4 years.