PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops Zombie Mode!

ColbyTS
08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
From what I understand Mark Lamia the head haunch over at Treyarch "hinted" that there will be a zombie mode in COD BLACK OPS. I don't know about you guys but I am still losing hours of my life to that damn game. Der Rise was the shit with the upgrading weapons and perks OMG I'm psyched.

Cam-Dog
08-03-2010, 11:39 PM
It will be fun thats for sure I just hope it doesn't get as boring as the first zombie mode.

Jitterbug
08-04-2010, 11:35 PM
They need to speed up all of these types of modes in games. Some of these Zombie matches would take wayyyy too long.

ColbyTS
08-04-2010, 11:40 PM
thats the fun part though JB, sit down and think well I have a few minutes to spare and end up there for an hour

Jitterbug
08-05-2010, 10:34 AM
But all of these horde modes take such a long time to play! I loved the Halo Firefights, but I never played them because I never wanted to be locked in to an hour+ worth of gaming. It's rare that I get an undisturbed hour of gaming with a wife and two kids!

Kariz
08-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Well Black Ops just replaced Medal of Honor as my Shooter to buy this year. I just hope they top the last map from World at War from the start. I don't want a downgrade from the experience I payed an additional $15 for in their last game.

Brandonpop
08-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Well Black Ops just replaced Medal of Honor as my Shooter to buy this year. I just hope they top the last map from World at War from the start. I don't want a downgrade from the experience I payed an additional $15 for in their last game.

Well you should still check out Medal of Honor, the guys at DICE are doing the multiplayer (the same guys that did Battlefield: Bad Company).

Back on topic I can't wait for the zombie mode as well, if Treyarch doesn't include this game mode for Black-Ops that's just a noob move.

Fisherman
08-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Interestingly, I think the best implementation of a long-form multiplayer FPS game was one of the first - the original Left 4 Dead. It has a killer feature that not a lot of the other long-form multiplayer matches has - an AFK (away from keyboard) mode.

It's called Take a Break in the menu, I think, and it allows the AI to take over for your character when you need to do something unrelated to gaming in the middle of one of these matches. Some of the more modern implementations of this like Halo Firefight, Transformers Escalation, and Call of Duty Zombie Mode have neglected this and it just seems like a no-brainer to include this option if you're going to do one of these modes.

ColbyTS
08-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I would always feel cheated if I was killed by a computer I would think they could see ahead and monitor my movements by linking into the radar or something.

Fisherman
08-07-2010, 12:34 AM
I would always feel cheated if I was killed by a computer I would think they could see ahead and monitor my movements by linking into the radar or something.

Yeah but that's not what the spirit of these modes is anyway, its you and your buddy against all AI, so if you take a break and the computer takes over your character for a bit, the worst that could happen is that the computer could steal a kill from your buddy or fuck you over so you're in a bad situation when you come back. However, in my experience, the "take over" AI has been pretty good in L4D.

ColbyTS
08-07-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah but that's not what the spirit of these modes is anyway, its you and your buddy against all AI, so if you take a break and the computer takes over your character for a bit, the worst that could happen is that the computer could steal a kill from your buddy or fuck you over so you're in a bad situation when you come back. However, in my experience, the "take over" AI has been pretty good in L4D.

Hmm I haven't played that but I'm glad they're doing something about the assholes that just walk away from the controller ultimately screwing the team in kills and deaths

djdsf
08-15-2010, 05:27 PM
What the fuck is up with Treyarch still trying to hang on to the zombie mode? are they really trying to use that as weight for their game? Fucking sad if you ask me.

ColbyTS
08-15-2010, 09:20 PM
What the fuck is up with Treyarch still trying to hang on to the zombie mode? are they really trying to use that as weight for their game? Fucking sad if you ask me.

If it weren't for Treyarch being awesome, I would buy this game at about 30$ just for the Zombie mode, while it may sound sad to some it's a well fed addiction to others.

djdsf
08-16-2010, 02:55 PM
If it weren't for Treyarch being awesome, I would buy this game at about 30$ just for the Zombie mode, while it may sound sad to some it's a well fed addiction to others.

I should give you bad rep just for that.

ColbyTS
08-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I know it sounds crazy but shit I spent so much time with those last Nazi Zombies that it was borderline pathetic, I love that shit