PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life

ColbyTS
07-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Did anyone else play these sweet ass games? I played them a couple years back (or at least most of them) and they are awesome. I just saw a bundle on steam and its all the games for like 40$ what a deal! Thats like 6 awesome games

Fisherman
07-31-2010, 01:15 PM
The Half-Life series (particularly, the HL2 series) is one of my favorite series in gaming. It competes with Mass Effect in these epic, Gravity Gun vs. Biotic Power battles in my mind all the time.

Cam-Dog
07-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Never played them maybe I will someday when I get a PC that can run them.

ColbyTS
07-31-2010, 03:01 PM
I love how they're mostly all connected like its just through the perspective of different people that were there. It's a bunch of awesome games

Fisherman
07-31-2010, 05:33 PM
I love how they're mostly all connected like its just through the perspective of different people that were there. It's a bunch of awesome games

There's something to be said for a game that has zero cutscenes and never deviates from the first-person view of the protagonist, too. That takes some real storytelling moxie to pull an interesting story out of a restriction like that.

ColbyTS
07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
There's something to be said for a game that has zero cutscenes and never deviates from the first-person view of the protagonist, too. That takes some real storytelling moxie to pull an interesting story out of a restriction like that.

Yeah no kidding and I love the fast paced action that even seemed to work out on the computer for me. But I can't say enough about these games they rocked my younger world.

daCooksta
07-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Never played them maybe I will someday when I get a PC that can run them.

They aren't very system intensive. You can probably run them now.

Cam-Dog
07-31-2010, 11:24 PM
They aren't very system intensive. You can probably run them now.
You may think that but they will not run smoothly on my shity Compaq laptop. This thing cant even run Portal decently.(i'm still frunk from the BMDD)(you can see I'm drunk since I typed frunk)

ColbyTS
08-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Damnit Cam you're making us look like lightweights quick act natural. . .
:err: