PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Move - Sold. Echochrome 2

Fisherman
07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Its not something the Wii couldn't do, necessarily, it just seems like they never came up with it. Take a look at the innovation of Echochrome 2, in trailer form:

Usn6eo9FeTM

Yeah, if this thing comes to fruition and I hear good things about it, it may sell me on the Playstation Move. Take a look at the trailer and let us know what you think below. This is the PS3's Boom Blox?

Cam-Dog
07-29-2010, 06:20 PM
This does look pretty cool I hope the Move has a lot of other out of the box games like this in the future.

SaucedDave
07-31-2010, 06:43 PM
Now cool games like that are exactly what both these systems need to sell there product. I won't be getting either day one, but a few months down the track if we have a few games like this it might just convince me to take the plunge.

Jitterbug
08-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Wait wait wait. That is a neat demo and all, but if that's going to be a full fledged $50 release then I call bullshit. It's a cool tech demo, but I've seen flash games that are as unique as that and are free to play. Just because it uses a flashlight gimmick (albeit fun and interesting) doesn't warrant a full priced game. I hope this is a free pack in with the Move - then it will be worth it. But if it costs $50 then "No Thanks!"

Cam-Dog
08-01-2010, 11:32 PM
The first echochrome was a 10 or 15 dollar downloadable game. I cant see this costing more that 20 or 25. If it isn't packed in. Maybe it will still be a download.

Jitterbug
08-01-2010, 11:39 PM
The first echochrome was a 10 or 15 dollar downloadable game. I cant see this costing more that 20 or 25. If it isn't packed in. Maybe it will still be a download.

That opens up a whole new venue I hadn't even considered!! DLG for the Move and the Kinect might very well make these two things MUST BUYS. My unconscious comparisson to the Wii made me ignore the possibility that a competent online service can proivide for this type of game. I hope this is a $10 DLG, and I hope they have a bunch more things like this planned. I would buy a ton of cheap, simple games that utilized these new systems as DLG vs taking a chance on a Full Priced game.

Grats, Cam-Dog. You 100% changed my mind on this. Unless they annouce it as a full priced title, in which case you can expect my fury back in this thread post HASTE!

Cam-Dog
08-02-2010, 12:02 AM
As local PS3 fanboy its my job to sell Sony products.

Fisherman
08-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Wait wait wait. That is a neat demo and all, but if that's going to be a full fledged $50 release then I call bullshit. It's a cool tech demo, but I've seen flash games that are as unique as that and are free to play. Just because it uses a flashlight gimmick (albeit fun and interesting) doesn't warrant a full priced game. I hope this is a free pack in with the Move - then it will be worth it. But if it costs $50 then "No Thanks!"

Oh, yeah, this was based on the assumption that Echochrome 2 will be a DLC title like the first was. I was thinking the $10-15 range.